Ch1: Another Day In Paradise
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another Day In Paradise

𒂽𒆠𒁇 π’„’π’‹› π’ˆΎπ’Š’π’

Today has been another rather boring day in my room, in the little castle I was given as a present, which is inside another castle among the beautiful clouds where I live with my dad, Emperor Orion. He is a hero, I know, because I always hear adults talking about him and how he protects our kingdom from bad people. The older people talk in whispers about bad people trying to get to the city, but they don't explain anything to me. Sometimes, I hear their worried voices, but I don't understand why they are so worried, my dad always protects them, he always wins all the fights.

Today I saw my dad from the window, he was wearing his golden cloak and he had a shiny sword, it looked like he was wearing battle armor while training. Dad trains a lot lately, I see him almost every day training pretty hard against other people, one time I saw him give one of them a push outside the castle to the sky, I hope everyone is ok after training like that.

It seems that because of these bad people I am not allowed to leave my little castle, but it doesn't matter because my father built it for me alone. Mom is never here, but that's okay because I have the maids to take care of me. Sometimes, I feel lonely, but at least they are here to keep me company. They never see me directly, but I know they love me. Although, sometimes I wonder if I am ugly and that's why they don't want to see me, but they try to be nice to me, always bringing me toys and books to play with. They also comb my hair and tell me bedtime stories, they are like my secret friends. But it seems that my dad also loves them a lot and he is jealous that they are my friends and steals them from me.

I don't know my real mom, Dad has many women in his harem, which my maids explained is like having a thousand different moms, so I don't know which one is which, but he never talks about them, it seems they are probably pretty boring because I never heard them talk. Some of my secret friends are now with this group, now they dress differently and don't talk to me much, sometimes, I see them from afar, but they never talk to me if my dad is in the castle. I guess Dad doesn't want me to be distracted from my studies and games. Maybe one day he will introduce me to Mom, but for now, I have my maids and dad.

Tonight I saw a beautiful set of lights and fireworks from my window. It was so exciting. I don't know why it happened, but it was after some strange noises outside like there were fights going on, but I'm sure daddy will sort them out it was quite magical, it was so bright and beautiful, like the sky was smiling. I think Dad was celebrating another one of his victories against the bad people. I can't wait to tell Dad about it when he comes to visit me someday.

The next day while I was playing in my room when, by accident, one of my toys fell out of the window. I couldn't bear the thought of losing it, so I decided to venture out of my castle and into the gardens of the larger castle to retrieve it. I knew it was dangerous, with the great height and the risk of falling, but I was determined to get it back because it was the toy of one of my secret friends' daughters that my dad took from me, she would never give me another one, so I had to get it back.

As I was walking through the gardens, I saw something that caught my attention. There were a lot of people inside in beautiful cages in the gardens, like where they put the colorful birds, they were all dressed in white with little red drawings, most of them looked like hands, I think they loved to paint a lot, but they were not very good, there was paint all over the place. Surprisingly a little later I saw my dad walking towards the cage of people, he seemed to love the way they sang because he was laughing a lot, but I didn't like the sound of their songs, they gave me a little bit of fear, because some nights near my room some maids would sing the same way and then I never saw them again, the others never answered me where they went, so those sounds reminded me of people saying goodbye.

My dad was very happy, his laughter could be heard everywhere, so I wanted to talk to him and see why he was so happy. So I walked over to where he was. But to my surprise, someone took my hand. It was a huge knight dressed in very large white armor and a giant spear. His helmet did not let me see his face at all. I knew him, he was someone they called the " The White Banisher". It seemed he had done bad things, and my dad made him my guardian as a punishment of some sort. He was always at the entrance to my castle and wouldn't let me leave. He told me very worried that I should not go out because the bad people were very close to the castle, I did not believe him because my father never lost, right now he was even happy talking to the people in the cages, how could he be losing if he was happy? However, the white beast did not let go of me and took me in his arms and started walking to take me back to my castle, I did not want to, so I told him to stop. But soon after that the white knight started to run away quite worried, I didn't know why.

Out of the bushes came a couple of men dressed in black, with pointed and twisted swords in their hands. The white outcast drew his sword and put me behind him, I didn't know exactly what was going on, were these the evil people? I wasn't sure, I think I had seen them with my father several times. But just before they fought a girl came out of the shadows and pushed them both to the ground, then threw them into the sky, outside the garden's border fence.

Right after she spoke something to my guardian, I think she said something like people are gathering on the walls but I didn't understand anything, when she stopped talking she turned her head and looked at me. I will never forget her bright red eyes, her deep gaze seemed to have all her attention on me, her metal armor was quite dirty with red paint all over, and even her hands and face were full of red. Her hair was completely white as clouds and she was also the first person I had seen who had ears and a tail like me. I wanted to ask her a lot of different things, but what I wanted to ask her the most was that I had heard that children look a lot like their parents, and since she looked so much like me I wanted to know if she was my real mom.

The White Banisher surprisingly left me with the White Girl, it seemed that he had much more urgent things to do, it seemed that the evil people were close enough, so they would need his help. The girl for her part took me back to my castle in her place, despite her appearance she was quite kind to me, she even helped me look for my toy that fell out of the window even though I didn't ask for it. After finding it she took me to the doors of my room. There was one more girl there, she was one of the head guards, I still remember her name, it was Jezebel Amaranth, her name was said all the time by the adults, she was someone who worked a lot with my father so I had seen her a lot of times from the window.

Jezebel was quite scared of the white girl, as she had opened the castle gates to my room without any problems, which seemed strange to me, couldn't all the guards walk through the castle? I had never noticed. The white girl showed her hand, a very nice drawing was shining on it, very similar to my father's, I wanted to have one just like it. Both girls started to talk for a long time about complicated subjects, but even though they wouldn't let me leave to play with my things, they gave me some nice sweets. Neither of them left until the night came, my father seemed to have won against the bad people because again they were celebrating in the sky with those beautiful colorful explosions, but they got mad at me and told me not to go near the windows while those fireworks were going off. The adults are so jealous of their parties, they never let me enjoy any of them. When I get to see my father again I will ask him to throw a big party for me alone and I won't invite them to any of them.

0