Ch14: The Seven Plagues part 2
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Seven Plagues part 2

The True Dragon of the Famine, Overlord, the master who wanted to be God. The Founder of Atlantis, the one on whose shoulders rested the entire continent that ruled the world. His thirst for power knew no end. A monster that consumes everything in its path, a being envious of everything. He was arrogant and intelligent. In his journey, he searched endlessly for the Codex to satiate his hunger. When I entered his throne I found at his feet the inert bodies of all the champions who challenged him to a duel, none of them managed to unsheathe his weapon. We both knew that as long as two of us were alive the other would never see his vision fulfilled. The sanctuary turned red, both from the blood inside and the flames on the outside. I had only a couple of minutes to kill it before the continent crashed to the ground at full speed. I tightened my grip on my right hand, grabbed my sword, and threw myself against him.

I kept hitting him with the same stone, again and again, his head was gone, but my anger was not, his death did not satisfy me. I had killed him with a stone that was lying around, as if it were Cain and Abel, the brutal monster that destroyed the world died because someone hit him with a stone. All the advanced weapons that humans could produce, all the magic that this empire could invoke, and its greatest leader were defeated by the first weapon that man knew.

In front of me was the Codex, the crystal that could fulfill any wish. The price for its use had already been paid. It was floating in a small Sanctuary nearby, from it I could see the earth and rather what was left of it. All this war had led to this thing in front of me, millions of lives lost in a battle to obtain it, I did not want it. Its very presence disgusted me, the air around it disgusted me. That stupid object should ask my forgiveness for existing in my world.

A girl appeared in front of me, I already knew her, but only now I saw her true identity. The angel greeted me courteously and congratulated me for being the champion of this cruel game. Lisa pointed to the crystal and told me that it was my property, I could use it as I wanted, there was no limit, only the time left for the remnants of heaven's empire to fall. I just wanted it to be over, but I could not be so selfish, hundreds had lost their lives by this time. I had to honor their sacrifice, the will of the fallen was clear, and even if the rest of my life would be unhappy, I had to pay my debt. 

1