Chapter 9: Eden island
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After end of special training, that evening , Julie went back to Eden island, using her space magic for such long-distance teleport would require around one hour of concentration and a colossal amount of mana, but for matter at hand she had to do it.

Finding herself in an inclosed room separate from rest of Villa,which she had prepared beforehand specifically for her teleportation.

She opened door and moved outside, going to main building, she saw just two of ten people who worked as caretaker of this villa, to be precise two demi-human, their ears on top of their and tail they had was obvious that they weren't just human.

These two were Asa and Maeve a brother and sister from rabbit race, known for excellent hearing ability and nimble movement, their capabilities for house chores were best between demi races two, which caused them to be employed here by Arion family.

“where is Alan?”

“reporting to madam, master went out to meet with chieftains”replied Maeve as she bowed politely.

“hmm?he's there, huh. Did he mentioned anything about content of this meeting? Also where are the rest of you?”

“no, madam, master didn't mentioned anything specific but said that if you came back, you can meet him upon the certain cliff that only you knows. And rest of staff has been sent to deal with a monster that appeared near southern district.” in latter part of her report, she was trying hard to keep her ear relaxed, seemingly wanting to show that it's normal matter, but occasional twitch of the made it plainly obvious for Julie, that this was attempt to hide her anxiety.

“what kind of monster is it?”Julie ask as she thinks about South of Eden island.

Southern district, is land where oceanic demi-human like merfloke and half penguin live, so it's Sea monster that can move on land the same time.

“it's a island turtle madam.” said with a heavy tone laced with concern for her coworkers.

“island turtle, quite a dangerous monster. But you don't need to be nervous, all of you guy has been marked by Alan magic, if any of you are in danger or harmed, he'll know instantly and can telepathically inform me to save them, so relax, it's not good for your health.”patting Maeve shoulder as she started to leave the house.

It's about late in afternoon, not much left for sunset.

Looking to South, she saw huge column water and fire rise towards sky, majesty and might capable to shake land and crush an entire city in instant could be felt from there, as result of successive use of huge amount of mana in area.

But interestingly all island inhabitants doesn't seem to be ruffled or panicked by commotion.

Passing by and doing their daily businesses, if anyone doesn't know, they'll think they're blind and deaf, for not reacting to this situation. 

Reason for such calmness lie in quite a number of such battle that happened in this island, and most citizen are demi-human and they emphasize heavily on training young generation as brave and mighty warrior, mage or whatever that is useful for battle.

Moving in Street, all passers-by make a little bow of their head towards Julie, to which she does a greeting of courtesy.

Reaching outskirts of residential area towards west side island were forest in vicinity and a tall mountain in distance, with her pace, she'll reach her destination in two hours.

Although she can teleport to her destination, she chose to save her mana in case of emergency.

Walking through forest, she sense presence of someone .

Halting her steps and surveying her surrounding, she found no figure on sight, and that presence vanished from her senses. 

“heh, look like we have brave one here, so why not come out try it? If you don't waste my time, I might let you live.” chuckling Julie looked at left side of her.

With a sound of leaves rustle, a figure of a man come into view.

“Oh my, as expected of you, my camouflage didn't work at all.” man talked with lamentation and dropped his head but it was obvious that he didn't care.

The man had a slender figure, or better to say he was so thin that seemed like a malnourished bigger on verge of dying, covered from head to toe in black robe.

Raising his head the man talked in raspy voice “ I'm honored to have meeting with best of space magician of this era, miss Julie Arion, the noble woman who hate

“Alright, enough ” Julie cut-off his long-ass speech and talked in an irritated voice“so, what do you want?if you're from demon race and came here as spy, you better spare me from any nonsensical thing you have to say, I neither have time nor care for hearing it.” While talking to man, in Julie hand a pitch black dagger start forming. 

A simple yet brute space magic, space cutting edge, with simple touch of dagger, any strong armor would be as useful as paper.

Julie didn't know the man infront of her, but she was sure that this guy had no good intention.

Best choice would have been capturing the man and getting information out of him,  but she was in a hurry, so her choice was different.

Either he flee on his own or will die on spot.

Feeling killing intent of woman infront of him, made the man in dark robe shudder a little. 

(as expected of woman called homicidal instructress, she's really decisive in finishing her opponents)

“well, this servant wanted to have conversation with you and your husband, but it's seems today isn't a suitable day to do so, I'll visit you shortly.” saying so, behind robed man a swirling black hole appeared, after some second it was wide enough for person to fit in.

Walking into black hole, figure said one last line “ let's hope our next meeting be more peaceful than this.” 

After his figure vanished, Julie muttered to herself“ a space worm, capable of taking humanoid shape, huh”

Space worm are type of monster with rather low intelligence, normally they live in space outside of world.

Taking humanoid from require high intelligence for monsters, so the person, rather monster she met just now was an extremely rare of his kind.

“he called himself 'this servant', so most probably demon race are ready for another big war in this era.” While letting out a sigh, she thought of her grandson, Simon.

If a war break out, he has no choice but stand in frontlines.

Although divine protection is a formidable power, it's by no means invincible.

(at least other one wouldn't be forced to participate)

With complicated feeling, she felt that Samuel state was blessing in disguise.

Shaking her head, she sped forward.

While passing through forest most monster instinctively avoided her, it's seems they subconsciously knew she was someone they couldn't take on.

Reaching foot of mountain she looked up, mountain had a height about three thousand meters. 

She who had alway used her teleportation to reach her destination, found it quite unpleasant having to hike the mountain in front of her, a rather lazy habit fromed by convenience of space magic.

“forget it, this distance won't take much ” 

and she gave in to temptation.

After teleporting to the top of eastern side of mountain, she sees a man with a face brimming with experience and knowledge, although rather old, his face is clean of any facial hair, his deep blue short hair give a sensation of sea's calm waves.

Opening his eyes, he looked at Julie and let out a smile.

“ you returned way sooner than I anticipated.” His voice was calm and unhurried as he continued “ it's seems you're rather troubled , if there's something on your mind I'm always here to listen” for Julie who was troubled lately by children situation, space worm she saw in way and capital Academy request, his word was extremely soothing. 

“Oh,really. But I guess you've ulterior motive behind this invitation of a nice chat.” she looked at him suspiciously.

“hoo, what kind of ulterior motive a good natured old man such as me can have, besides want to help the love of my life?” old man kept his smile unchanging, if kids were here they would have said that his smile, is same as one that Julie had when she handed magic scroll to them.

Bringing her hand to her chin, she said with a easy going tone “for example, hiding results of meeting with chieftains, or something like that ”

Raising his hands in surrender, he confessed “ well, it's not something I like to divulge with anyone, including you, but I guess I've no choice.”

“you're aware of Eden island foundation story right?” Alan suddenly asked her.

Although Julie was suspicious of him, trying to change topic, she replied to him anyway.

“our ancestor, Edward, in his quest to clear sea region of monsters, ruled by demon general, a vicious siren, a monster invincible in water.”

She continued to recite story, word by word, while eyeing Alan without looking away. 

“in a bloody battle, which caused Edward reach his fame of strongest in sea, many solider who came with him died in battle, and he wounded by siren, was washed ashore in this island.”

Taking a breath, she finished last part she knew “after war ended and Harzon empire was formed, Edward came here and made this island, his personal property, not under rule of empire, rather a free nation, run by itself.”

Alan nodded repeatedly and said in praise “Yes,yes, you're absolutely correct, just missed a little detail of story, was there original inhabitants living here, before or not?”

Facing his question, she was rather sure this was diversion of topic.

“That's enough, if you don't want to say it keep it to yourself.” she was exasperated at him, twisting matter just to not say what was in his head.

“…let's leave it at that, okay? So,how are my adorable grandchildren doing?” his face was bitter for a second and was brightened immediately when he mentioned grandchildren of his, but it's not possible for Julie to notice it in her unfocused state.

“physically healthy, if you ignore that incident,hmm, mentally one good, other one try to look good.” as she talked about them to Alan, he asked about further details, which she provided for him.

“so there was such thing, huh” as contemplating about their situation, his face darkened and continued “still, a divine protection in our family, what a joke.”

“you man of Arion alway hid the reason you don't like them or better to say, are hostile towards divine protection holders.” she looked quite curious about it, but in their nearly 50 years of being a couple, this was one of secret he never let a word about it out of his lips. 

“have you ever heard what other noble call our family?” 

Caught off guard by his sudden question, she thought for a moment and replied with frowning face and disgusted voice “…forsaken noble family”

“ever thought about it's meaning? If so you already have your answer to your question.” his word made his intention quite clear.

he didn't want to talk about it.

Closing his eyes, he said something which infuriated Julie to no end.

“you must accept Academy request to rejoin them”

“The fuck did you say?” Her sudden cursing was out of nowhere but it didn't cause a ripple in Alan expression.

“did you just fucking said that I MUST accept that?, you of all people?, did you forget about those two who work in your villa, do you dare to face them and say it.” Her voice grew louder and louder by second, her voice becoming hoarse.

Her shouts, her plain and pure rage, her hatred pouring out of her entire being, pained Alan heart but he remained firm and with an ironclad resolve he said something which further enraged her.

“I know it's cruel on you, on those two girls, but it's a necessity, not only you, but those two shall go two. You've nine years to prepare, at that time you must be there.”

“…” 

She didn't respond to him, to his words she had nothing to say.

Feeling the blood rush to her head, her vision become blurry, she was unaware of stream that flowed down from her cheek.

Her mana went out of control, space around them started to crack, ground around them was gouged in several places. 

The reason Alan wanted their talk to be held here was that he was aware that this would be the result. 

Not wanting devastation befall inside the city, she bring her to their usual place, where they always felt at ease.

(I'm really sorry my love, but I have no choice, it's out of our hands already, till his arrival, we've to struggle on our own)

With bitter feeling and crushing  guilt in his heart, he released his power, which stopped further harm to area by Julie fury.

As he put an end to her power, after ten minutes she left area immediately.

After becoming alone, he faced sky and muttered to himself “ I'm sure that I'll regrate this but I'll do it without fail for all those who gave their everything for this cause”

His word was nonsense, even with all reason he had, harming close people to him was grave mistake.

Name: Alan Arion 

Age: 68 (Max: 200)

Race: human 

Job: great psychic

Level: 630

Titles: great sage, the one who see others truth, mastermind 

Vitality: 30,000/30,000 (Max: 30,000)

Mana: 1,500,000/1,500,000+{750,000}(Max: 3,000,000 +{3,000,000})

Stamina: 30,000/30,000 (Max: 30,000)

Strength: 10,000 (Max: 10,000)

Agility: 20,000 (Max: 20,000)

Intelligence: 375,000 (Max: 750,000)

Defense: 30% (Max: 40%)

Magic Defense: 50% (Max: 50%)

Passive Skills:

Enhanced mana recovery: extreme level 35

Mana control: mastery level 15

Enhanced mana core: mastery level 50

Overwhelming mind: advanced level 100 

Immunity to any effect on mind

Active Skills :

Psychic abilities: advanced level 100 

Limit break: advanced level 100

Unique Skills and blessings: 

Mirage magic: unusable due to not having water attribute magic

Psychic abilities: 

Mind reading, mind control, telepathy, telekinesis

Goddess of wisdom blessing

Name: Julie Arion 

Age: 65 (Max: 200)

Race: human 

Job: space crusher 

Level: 580

Titles: one who ignore distance, homicidal instructress, furious space magician

Vitality: 15,000/15,000 (Max: 15,000)

Mana: 1,000,000 /1,000,000+{300,000}(Max: 2,000,000 +{2,000,000})

Stamina: 60,000/60,000 (Max: 60,000)

Strength: 25,000 (Max: 25,000)

Agility: 30,000 (Max: 50,000)

Intelligence: 250,000 (Max: 500,000)

Defense: 40%+{37.5%} (Max: 50%+{50%})

Magic Defense: 50% (Max: 50%)

Passive Skills:

Enhanced mana recovery: extreme level 50

Mana control: mastery level 40

Enhanced mana core: mastery level 30

Active Skills :

Space magic: advanced level 100

Limit break: advanced level 100

Unique Skills and blessings: 

Mirage magic: unusable due to not having water attribute magic

God of Space blessing

Rending spatial magic: mastery level 90

Impenetrable space forcefield: advanced level 100 

making a change in prologue

Pervious prologue wasn't giving any explanation about what plot is supposed to be so I made a new one and changed pervious one to chapter 0

And main story will start in earnest in about 5 chapters

1