Chapter 23: Interuder Inside tiger’s den
12 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Samuel's eyes followed his father departing figures as he had felt unusual activities inside the city.

Looking at his father who rushed for emergency instead of leaving it to his retainers, gave a complicated feeling.

From one side it was show of concern for civilians like the way he did for his family which awed the boy, from other side was his own incapability to do the same.

In a year that had passed, he hadn't slacked off a day. He trained ceaselessly, with his brother help he had improved, he could say that he was ready for a battle, a chance to show other and himself the progress.

But his mother was rather unwilling to let him partake in battle against monsters without sealing their power like Julie did before.

Samuel tried to appeal to her, asking her to give him an opportunity but she remained firm in her opposition, leaving no leeway for negotiations.

Samuel knew what her point was and couldn't really force his way. She was worried about him, it wasn't that she ridiculed his determination to see it through, but rather after incident she became extremely protective and didn't let him out her sight, few first months she would remain by his side till she was sure he was asleep, and that was quite embarrassing for him.

“give me a demonstration of your strength then I'll evaluate and tell you if you are ready.”

Remembering her words caused him to grumble to himself. 

“it's hard to convince her without any ironclad reason that I will be fine and how can I prove it when I'm not even sure of it myself?”

With power untested with actual battle he wasn't sure of it's worth. He partaked in her designed test few times, but she told him that he wasn't ready yet.

“maybe she just reject it without any assessment and just want to stop me?” voicing his suspicion, he couldn't discern if she just didn't want to allow him or he wasn't really ready.

“never mind, can't do anything about it till she doesn't give permission.” So he stopped dwelling on it, moving to his bedroom, he was greeted by zeth that was standing besides the door.

“good evening young master, going off to bed early like always?”

“That's right.” As he opened the door he gave an order to him.“ by the way, tomorrow gave me a report of what happened in city.”

He was curious about it and he didn't want to grow up into an ignorant man, what happened and how his father dealt with it would be good example for him.

“as you wish, I'll bring it to you as detailed as possible.” When he responded, he didn't say that he'll retell everything to him as there might be few unpleasant things that a child of Samuel's age was better off not knowing them.

Getting inside the room and changing into sleepwear, he lied on bed as he began last of his daily training. As his mana grew up quite a fine amount, he couldn't resort to same way of past to fill a glass of water. So he left the only ability of his that had no physical form, the Wind sense.

Closing his eyes he spread out his sense like usual, he distinguished object to object that was present in his room, his brother in next room, zeth standing outside. 

It was magnificent feeling, though he couldn't see them clearly, a hazy from shaped inside his head, so with a bit difficulty he could even tell what they were doing.

As he was immersed in this state, he felt something unfamiliar inside his room, even being near him he found it out quite late.

His curiosity piqued, he tried to focus his sense on it instead wide range sense. But even then he couldn't tell what it was. The feeling it gave was like layer of fog prevented him from going further.

“what is …” opening his eyes he turned to that direction to see what it was. But after seeing it regret filled him. He wished that he had never opened his eyes or what he saw was just a hallucination.

His throat felt dry like desert, his fingers hysterical movement displayed the utter horror he was experiencing.

In his line of sight, on the chair besides the desk, sat a person, a woman of high quality, with overflowing splendor, as she leisurely put one of her leg on the other, she made an eye contact with Samuel.

Her crimson lips formed an alluring smile to him as she spoke.

“interesting, you can see me, right?” her voice was filled with affection, like a lover reuniting with her partner after a long separation.

But only thing Samuel felt was cold, heart gripping fear. Even he himself didn't knew where the fear came from. Only thing he understood was that his soul was screaming at him that she was dangerous.

In response to her he wanted to yell, the hell is interesting, get out my room.

But his tongue didn't complied, he couldn't do anything, it felt like a mountain was weighting on him, making him helpless in opposition.

“why are you this afraid of me?” her face was like a melancholic drawing, her sadness felt strongly real. 

She got up and moved toward him. Reaching the bed, she held his cheeks as he melody like voice filled his ears.

“don't worry, my precious treasure, I won't bring you any harm.” Her red glowing eyes looked straight into his eyes, as an uncomfortable feeling entered his mind.

“and I won't eat you, not yet. Though even an unripe also taste good, here isn't right place and time for it.” As she talked to him without a care for his reaction.

She squeezed him in her bosom and took a deep sniff.

“ah, what a beautiful smell.” the longing in her eye intensified, as trace of sanity slowly leave her.

“how much I waited for you to be mine, how long I have been waiting for a waft of you. I'll bring you away with me, you'll never leave my sight as I'll build you the way I want, hehehe. I won you old fool, I'm still better than that Lil' bitch.” As she spoke continuously and laugh to herself, she didn't notice a small little detail.

Since the moment she applied her charm magic, she didn't saw Samuel face directly.

(what is this mad woman? The hell is she rumbling about?) his thoughts were clear and most logical conclusion he could made was that she wasn't sane by any means.

As he pressed hard on her bosom and she was just saying whatever she wanted, he began pouring 90% his remaining mana into a small looking needle that was taking shape in his hand, his mana was always tranquil, so if someone wasn't concentrated on it, it would easily escape sense, and in her state such feat looked way too far.

He'd learned this form creation with his brother help, he wasn't proficient in it, but he could make few simple shape.

Filling needle with his base seven colored lightning completed his magic, holding it numbed his hand, but he didn't loosened his grip on it.

“we're tight on time here, so let us be off now before he returns.” As she was regaining right state of mind and he that she said was his father, Samuel was distanced from her body, and in little opportunity he had, he made his move.

Stabbing the needle right to her chest, he choosed her heart as target, he wanted a lethal hit, in short time he chose to kill her without any hesitation.

It was a unbelievable decision for him, but he found himself at ease with it.

As she had no expectation for someone under charm to make such move, she was caught off guard, needle peirced her flesh and violent lightning exploded right inside her body with thunderous noise shaking room.

Samuel right hand which held the needle was dreadfully injured and his left hand protected his face from being injured was in similar state.

Smoke rose from her body, her left side of chest was emptied, dripping blood stained Samuel right hand, seeing right inside of her body, pieces of flesh hung limply out of hole in place of her heart.

At gruesome scene, Samuel felt nothing, he didn't palpitated, even his former fear receded. 

“ahn …what ferocious boy, just the way I prefer it.” Her voice brought a bigger fear in his heart as he saw her heart and its surrounding area stick back to itself, as it regenerated his fear did so.

In a few seconds her fine snowy white skin appeared in his eyes. Besides her clothes tearing apart, she was completely fine.

Instinctively his eye moved to her exposed breast.

“Oh, do you like it?“ her easy going question left him in daze. “hehe, You can have it, just a little later when we go to where we should.”chuckling while looking poor scared boy she picked him up and threw him on her shoulder.

“what are you?” Samuel voice was weak and lifeless, he was in despair at what would befall him if this monster took him with her.

“ho, so you're finally interested to talk. What I am? Your owner and lover, in one word, your everything.” Her conviction in those words she spoke seemed far behind a simple confidence or assumption, it was like fanatical belief, unshakable by any means.

“you're insane.”

“Yes I am, I'm insane for you, my little boy.”

At response to his sincere appraisal, she approved and responded with a twisted logic.

“hmph, do you plan to end your useless struggle here or is it already over now.”

Her word made his body shudder on top of her shoulder.

He thought with explosive sound of lightning, everyone in mansion should be heard it by now, but her calm tone shattered that confidence.

If she knew then…

“you blocked sounds in the room from going out by magic?”

“right. honey, did you think, you were only one thinking about it?”

Half of Samuel target when attacked was trying to kill her, other half was calling for help.

With his strength, he knew chances of him killing an intruder that entered their mansion was virtually zero.

He hoped for people hearing noises and come to his rescue.

But now it was hopeless, until rescue came, it would be already too late.

“All right, we're good to go.” along with her word, she moved toward the window.

As his body swayed, his despairing mind searched for a method, he didn't wanted to be swept in opponent whim.

As his eyes reached the door, he found his only saving grace, zeth was right there, outside the door, if he could make him notice he might have a chance. 

A little of hesitation was present in his mind, he was worried that if zeth interfered, he might get killed but he had no choice.

Voice from inside wouldn't reach out but there was an alternative he wanted to gamble on.

He activated his wind sense with full force and tried to sent a word to outside, a word filled with helplessness and fear.

“help …” 

He didn't know if his attempt was a success or not.

He was feeling too weak to make a move.

Only his eyes remained open, glued on the door, waiting for salvation.

1