Chapter 25: Tigress’s wrath (2)
14 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emma never had liking to rely on powerful tool or exotic weapons, holding the plain sword as her trusted companion, she had a fame of always standing a little behind of James in term of combat potential.

Her physical strength was on average side, combining it with normal sword she used, her strength was judged as peak of B-rank or A-rank.

On outside she was known for her fast swordsmanship, second fastest after Sword Saint himself.

But that was it, and after hard childbirth, everyone assumed her power diminished and she was miles away from her best.

“care to wear something or are you plan on fighting like this?”

Emma still showed no agitation as she reminded her opponent of her clothing being ripped apart, leaving her with a skirt only.

“hmm? Does it bothers you? We're both women so there's no need to fuss about it.” though her word were carefree, her eyes weren't moving from Emma's sword, her wariness of wasn't little, even if she taunted her to make preemptive strike, she couldn't drop her vigilance against her.

“well, never mind.”

Leaving those words, she let loose of her fighting intent.

Like a wild beast who had its territory invaded, she was brimming with fury which oppressed her foe heart for a second.

Wind howled as her figure disappeared in a flash, and a storming horizontal sword strike lashed on Ramona's torso.

With a speed far surpassing her expection coming at her, she greeted it with a defensive reaction with her great sword on last moment.

But sword strike had more to it than she presumed.

Before having time to make a move, another slash was sent her way along with low voice of Emma whispering in wind.

“Wind Hurl”

Sword gave light green glow, and as it connected with her foe weapon, a wild wind followed tossing her opponent like feather away.

As Ramona felt the force behind it she noticed her mistake. Emma didn't needed to make a battle to death with her, she wanted to kill her but her priority was distancing her from Samuel and not the killing.

As wind smashed itself to her abdomen, she struggled to stay on her feet, but it was futile, her opponent had put enough mana on it to ensure of her goal being achieved.

Blown backward she hit the window, which couldn't stop the force and broke to pieces.

Emma looking at her figure falling of second floor, stepped toward opening on wall as she reminded Samuel.

“don't move till I'm over with her.”

“Alright mother.”

Jumping down she gazed at foolish vampire who had stepped in her boundary.

Looking at her messy hairs and disgruntled expression, she gave a satisfied smile and said.

“let's continue, you still have to pay much more for scaring him.” A baleful killing accompanied her word as it filled the sky, unreserved as she no longer was confined by worry of Samuel's safety in hers battlefield.

She was someone that rarely lost control to rage, but this time it was much different. 

In capital she was inches away and her son was nearly dying when they reached him and now here after she had promised his safety, in their own house, right under her nose he was afraid for his life, how could she not be wrathful.

And a unfortunate poor vampire was target of such boiling anger.

“you are overestimating yourself, plebeian woman.”

Along with a shout Ramona swung her great sword forward, which cut empty air. 

“it won't work twice. ” 

Continuing her swing, she hacked at her back, where Emma was, still being prepared for another agile movement from her.

But contrary to her expection, she didn't avoid and clashed head-on with her.

“how foolish.”

Impatient to see her already crushed corpse of opponent in her eyes, an unbelievable scene unfolded.

Making rapid strikes at heavy sword Emma deflected the entire force behind attack and slapped the sword away. Not stopping there she thrusted the sword right to the vampire's heart.

Trying to dodge the fast hit, she couldn't manage it in time as weight her own sword slowed her down, and she got a deep cut on shoulder.

Still regeneration of this compared to heart was much different, she couldn't regenerate endlessly, if her mana supply ran out she would end up dead.

“so how are you faring? Enjoying our battle?” belittling her opponent, her movement grow faster.

“don't get cocky, you ugly wh…ahh.” Her sentence was cut off, just like her left wrist.

“talking right in middle of fight, when you can't even connect a simple hit, you're really brain dead arrogant fool.” incomparable contempt that her word carried was nothing less than sharp cut from her sword.

Circling around her opponent, Emma sword slashed apart her opponent, deep gush on skin, tear on flesh went on and on. Blood splattered on surrounding but not even one drop touched Emma's sword, not to say her hand or clothes.

“ah!!ah! Damn it! Damn you! …I'll kill you, I'll kill you! ” cursing and screaming incoherently, she wildly spun her sword.

Emma didn't care about it, her body began glowing in pale green light, and her speed ascended even further.

Each strike from Ramona was responded with numerous hits, leaving her with no progress and growing number of wounds.

Her frustration grew endlessly, using her nail to find break through just to see herself more helpless.

“what nice nails you got there, let cut them for you.” her figure was dimly visible to vampire now as her voice filled with threat and ferocious intent was heard by Ramona.

Delivering an upward slash, Emma drove the heavy sword away. Ramona's nail made grabbing motion at Emma's face, but it was blocked by her. Nail halted by sword grew, bypassing Emma's defense to stab her.

“rending wind.”

But the sword clad in wind made a fast motion move, rooting nails and frontal phalanx.

“blood rage.” with an irritated roar, all blood on vampire body and ground glowed in a murky red color.

In Emma's perception, her foe mana wild surge looked dangerous, but she wasn't going to back down anyway.

Holding heavy sword up, Ramona's twin blood dripping eyes looked at Emma.

“you don't deserve him! None of you does! He BELONGS to me and me alone! Crushing Bloody Cleave!” with her maniacal roar she brought down the sword which caused a destructive blood colored wave to head her way, shocking strength behind the sword made entire city to tremble, awaking it citizen in fear.

“it appears that not only your mana has lost control, not that it's my problem to care for though.”

Face wild rampage of her opponent she remained calm.

A berserk release of power, whether it was a magician's magic or a warrior's heroic mana skills, will lead to unstablity and unstable power is highly vulnerable.

“shredder wind blade.”

Dashing forward she made rapid strikes at bloody waves. 

Pungent scent filled her mind, wild force the crashed to her sword made her hand tremble under it but biting her lip she forced herself to continue.

As she broke the skill her opponent released, she saw what the vampire's real intent was. A leaping figure jumped out of bloody smoke, taking chance to strike at her unaware foe.

“die lowly woman. Cursed Sword Fall!”

Coming down with enormous weight, sword hit the ground with atrocity, creating deep cavity in ground. 

Rising her head Ramona looked at devastation she caused with happy smile.

“hehe, do you see it now? My love for him, the desire I have, the cause I have is far superior to yours. He will be mine and mine alone.”

She declared, for her opponent or herself or maybe for terrified boy watching battle silently with tear glimmering in his black pupils.

“what a fool.” A voice was heard in entire mansion, being one with wind itself. “be gone and never appear around my son again.”

The sound was present but she was nowhere to be seen.

“where …”the fearful voice of vampire rang out as she sought the source of sound.

“Hurricane Blast.” 

A godly force came from Ramona's back, out of pure surviving instinct she struck out desperately. But wind didn't all her sword to reach half way of target.

Wind surrounded her, throwing her left and right. Her body was helpless leaf swaying in winds, cutting wind which held no mercy at her.

Taking damage and regenerating after it became an endless loop, a loop that showed no sign of ending.

“how …how is this possible…” Her disbelieving scream was buried under brutal howl of winds.

As zeth was uninformed of Ramona, she too lacked knowledge on Emma's secret.

Her unique skill gave increase on her agility for each strike she made, whether it connects or not doesn't matter. This skill had nicknamed her as the Fast Sword.

But it was much more than just that, around 3 years ago, it mutated unexpectedly and when she informed James about it, he told her to keep it hidden, absolutely so, and not even reveal it when it's only themselves.

The mutated ability was far stronger than normal state, so James wanted as a last resort for unexpected events. Its working was quite simple, as count of normal speed boost grow to certain number, all of it can be used for a skill in substitute for heroic mana.

The strength it produces is far exceeding any normally used skills, she tested higher amount of heroic mana to compare the outputs. Results was difference of gold and dirt, not existing in same league.

Soon strom died out, leaving a rain of blood and no trace of vampire. Even if they were strong race of resilient body, they weren't immortal and such was outcome of her rash decision.

“sigh, you brought this upon yourself.” exhaling a sad sigh, her soft eyes showed a deep sadness for her hateful foe she had killed.

She was a kindhearted woman, taking a life wasn't what she liked, but she knew well enough not to hesitate, not to threatening existence which desired harm to her son.

“it is over ” A manly voice came and a hand took sword from her hands.

James had returned when two woman were in combat, he silently took mother Marie to zeth's side without intertwining in the fight. Knowing the Emma's strength first hand, he could predict outcome easily.

After he assured of zeth and Samuel's safety, he watched battle, prepared to give a hand if necessary.

It ended smoothly but he was fully aware how it affected Emman.

Twin which followed him silently, moved forward.

“mom, are you hurt or injured?” unlike usual first one to spoke up was Samuel.

Seeing the vicious combat, strength exceeding his cognitions, he was anxious for his mother's life, he felt more fear than when he was in intruder's clutch.

Embracing the twins in her arms, she said warmly.“ I'm fine, don't worry, didn't I promised you nothing will happen to you again? ”

“Un” giving an affirmative sounds, Samuel put his heart at ease, savoring sensation of peace and security his mother's arms provided him.

James looked at heart warming family scene with a hidden coldness in his eyes.

“so demons also itch for it, but not now, your fucking turn isn't up yet, when it comes, I'll plunge you to purgatory personally.” giving an malicious curse he made a vow, which would make anyone to laugh at it upon.

The strom had passed but a hidden threat was left out, unnoticed by everyones.

Name: Emma Arion 

Age: 38 (Max: 250)

Race: human 

Job: storms combatant 

Level: 740

Titles: Fast Sword, The One Who Transcends the Boundaries 

Vitality: 150,000/150,000 (Max:200,000)

Mana: 250,000/250,000 (Max: 250,000)

Stamina: 500,000/500,000 (Max: 500,000)

Strength: 300,000 (Max: 300,000)

Agility: 1,500,000 (Max: 2,500,000)

Intelligence: 20,000 (Max: 20,000)

Defense: 20% (Max: 30%)

Magic Defense: 10% (Max: 10%)

Passive Skills :

Enhanced Agility, high : level 100 

Enhanced stat under storm (agility and strength), high: level 75

Enhanced Stamina recovery: extreme: level 5

Active Skills:

Wind Arts, mastery: Level 90

Wind body, advanced: level 70

Wind up, advanced: level 60

Storm rampage, advanced: level 70

Limit break, mastery: Level 15

Unique Skills and blessings:

Successive Strike, mastery: Level 100 

Attribute with ' Arts ' means that said person doesn't have magician's mind passage open, they're warrior and can't use magic through pure mana and are quite more limited than a combined type.

1