Prologue
21 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"God"

 

 Although it has the appearance of a human, it is not a human being. Throughout the ages, humans have worshiped the Gods and Buddha, beings that transcend human wisdom and have taught them books that include scriptures and the words of God.

 

 However, "God" never appears before humans. He/She doesn't show racial favoritism or give blessings. Even when they were overcome with despair due to conflicts and disasters and reached out to Heaven, the existence of "God" never reached out to take their hand. This is because humans are the most foolish, pathetic, and jealous species. Even if a natural disaster occurs all over the world many people starve to death. Even if a world war breaks out and continents and civilizations are destroyed, "God" exists to watch over the truth from heaven. He is simply an observer looking down at the world below from a different space.

 

 One day, there is a Primordial God of a certain universe; who looks in his 80s or 90s, has a long beard and big mustache and long white hair, looking over the universe ruled by their respective Gods and Goddesses to spend his free time. He saw the various life forms and civilizations exist on the planets of the various galaxies of this universe and his vision also fell on a certain galaxy of this universe known as "Milky Way" where there is a certain solar system and on this, there is a planet that has a human civilization, a planet known as "Earth". When he was looking over the planet, suddenly 

 

{--Oh?

 

A vessel that has the potential to become a "God'' in the heartbeat of life that now resides.

 

 It has been countless eons since such a phenomenon occurred. Hohohohoho... This shall be intriguing.}

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"I...I love you! Please go out with me!"

 

 I apologize for the sudden confession scene, but before that, I would like to introduce myself.

 

 My name is "Milan Kumar Rathore". I am a 19-year-old student who lives in Noida, Bharat(India) and is a second-year graduation student at SRCC, Delhi University.

 To my great honor, I have just received a confession from Somya Srivastav, who is one year younger than me and is known as the most beautiful girl in the college.

 

 A normal boy would get it in 0.5 seconds. You don't have to hide your embarrassment. I feel sorry for the same guy.

 

 However, since the beginning of this month, I have already turned down confessions from three women because I live a slightly different life than a normal graduation boy. Everyone is beautiful and has a great personality, so it hurts my heart to turn them down every time.

 

 Yeah? Then why would you refuse? There's a good reason...

 

"Sorry Somya... I have a fiancé."

 

 Yes. I have a woman who is my fiancé and I promise to marry her in the future! Moreover, she is a fiancée who is so beautiful that even popular idols run away barefoot from photo shoots with her!! Hmm... sorry, I got a little heated. Well, I can't help it because I love her that much.

 

"Uh... of course I know. Still. Please go out with me! I don't mind being your convenient mistress! I don't mind being the second one!"

 

"Wait!? Let's calm down a bit, Somya. I don't mind being your friend, but...I'd rather not have a mistress because she'll probably cut me off. What's more, it's really dangerous to say the words like "becoming a mistress" out loud like that. People will misunderstand. Also, we are living in a society where Polygamy is now seen as a Taboo. If the situation is completely different, then maybe…."

 

 I couldn't help but smile bitterly. Of course, I won't say where I'll get cut. It's a secret between us.

 

"(Sigh...I'm tired. After all, it's hard to refuse a confession every time. I feel like I'm crushing a woman's courage, and I feel like a brute.)"

 

"Hey, Milan! What's wrong? Are you feeling bad?"

 

 After returning to the classroom from the confession scene, I sat down at my desk, resting my chin on my chin and absentmindedly looking at the blue sky outside the window, thinking about various things, when one of my few male friends in the same class, "Kautilya Katiha", met me. I talked to him and told him about the confession I got again a while ago.

 

"Huh? Oh, oh, I just got a confession again."

 

"Ah, here we go again! You're as popular as ever! Even if you happen to share your love luck with me, I won't be punished, right?"

 

"Hahahaha" Kautilya starts laughing. To me, it's no laughing matter. He's a completely carefree bad friend. However, since I am hated by all the boys at school, I can proudly declare that I have a very grateful soulmate.

 

"So~, who confessed to you this time?"

 

 He suddenly asked with a grin on his face. This bastard is amused...

 

"Somya Srivastav"

 

 The moment he heard her name, his grin suddenly turned serious. Kautilya would probably be able to get a confession of at least one or two girls if he showed that face all the time. He is what you would call a disappointingly handsome guy.

 

"Acha. You've decided to join the fan club's blacklist! Don't you think you'll be inducted into the Hall of Fame just by being on the blacklist? Someday you'll be cursed."

 

 His serious face burst into laughter again. No, no, I'm not joking, I feel like I'm going to be cursed. There is a possibility that I am already cursed... Let's seriously consider whether to undergo an exorcism, yes.

 

 Afterward, as we continued their somewhat silly conversation, the bell rang for the start of class, so Kautilya interrupted the conversation and returned to his seat.

 

 After school, when all classes were over, Kautilya and I walked to the college gate while continuing our conversation.

 

 Then, Kautilya was the first to notice something and pointed in a certain direction. His fingertips were pointing towards the school gates.

 

"Hey. Your girlfriend is being picked up!"

 

 When I heard his words, I immediately looked where his finger was pointing, and there was an Angel, no, a Goddess.

 

 She has long, softly wavy silver hair that reaches down to her waist and shines in a silver thread that looks like melted pure silver, and blue eyes that look like the entire ocean has been compressed into them.

 Her slender limbs have a milky skin color. A back jacket, a pink skirt, a frilly blouse and a ribbon tie. She is wearing the dress of a certain famous brand, whose price can be seen at first glance, and her chest is so large that it can be seen even through the dress she is wearing. A woman who is both literary and military-minded has good manners and is exactly what those words describe.

 

 The name of such a Goddess-like woman is "Svetlana Kapoor". I have known her since I was a child, and she is my beloved fiancé.

 

"Hey! Don't we have to help her!?"

 

 Kautilya got irritated when I didn't say anything put his hand on my shoulder and started shaking me violently. Ah, Svetlana is beautiful no matter when I look at it. Well, countless men have picked up Svetlana, and if you go shopping alone, you can build a deck and have a card battle with the number of business cards you got from the scout. However, I'm not worried at all. I already know her answer because I trust her.

 

"Hey! Milan! Hurry up and help-"

 

"Shit! Do you take a bath every day? It smells like skunk farts."

 

"I have to...huh?... Milan. Your girlfriend must have been mean to you. I mean, I don't know what skunk farts smell like."

 

 Kautilya was pulling back quite a bit. Also, skunk farts smell bad. The smell was strong even from several kilometers away. Once, even though I was having a lovely time with Svetlana in a villa surrounded by nature, the smell was so bad that we both had to cover our noses with both hands and run away.

 

"I can't help it. You're going to pick me up and say the same words hundreds of thousands of times, it's getting annoying."

 

 After parting ways with Kautilya at the college gate, Svetlana walked alongside me and on my way to the gym I attended, I was asked about the confession I received during today's lunch break. It seems like it's a secret even to me whether she knows about little confessions that I haven't told anyone except Kautilya. Does she have a unique means of gathering information? I won't search because it will be scary if she finds out.

 

"Hey, Milan, you lost the popular girl at college again today, right? Is it okay to be surrounded by people? If you get violent for some irrational reason, I'll..."

 

 She worries about me while holding my hand tightly. Oh, you're still so kind, and cute. Too cute! It's a public place, but I want to hug you tightly right now.

 

"No problem! Everyone is training their bodies for that purpose."

 

 After saying that, I tried to make a bicep with my well-trained arms. Svetlana's eyes darted to my firm muscles for a moment. Hehe, this is the result of what I've been doing up until now.

 

"Hehe, what is that?"

 

 Svetlana couldn't resist laughing and elegantly covered her mouth with her hand. Refined movements befitting a young lady. But...the real reason I've been training hard for so many years is to protect you.

 

"Hey! Svetlana! This way!"

 

 On the way home after working up a sweat at my favorite gym after my college lectures, I was walking around the store and talking about the movie I had seen the other day when I suddenly heard her name. The two of us were surprised by the sudden call, and when we turned in the direction of the sound, a girl was wearing a cute dress about 10 meters away, waving her arms outstretched and jumping a little. Of course, I didn't see her slightly swaying breasts or glimpses of her healthy-looking thighs! It's true, Svetlana! So don't look at me with such cold eyes.

 

"Friend?"

 

 I decided to ask Svetlana who was smiling bitterly next to me.

 

"Yeah. We're in the same class, Riti. We sat next to each other and talked a lot, and before we knew it, we became friends."

 

 What surprised me about her story was that I found out that Riti also attends an LSR, one of the famous women's colleges of Delhi University. Unlike Svetlana, she is wearing an ethnic dress of the tribe she belongs to. Although she doesn't look like a young lady from her friendly appearance. The world is really big.

 

"Hmm. So, this person is Svetlana's fiance. huh."

 

 What is this kid? Just when I thought Svetlana and I were talking, she suddenly started staring at me. Maybe the crepe I ate earlier is also stuck on my face?

 

"Hmm...yeah! You're cool, and you seem to have a good personality. Yeah! I pass you!"

 

 I don't know why, but it seems like I passed the exam. What is she, my mother-in-law?

 

 Since we were on the same route to our home, the three of us ended up going home together. This is what she thought as she caught a glimpse of Svetlana's incredibly well-groomed profile as I chatted with Riti.

 

 --Aaah, I'm really glad I proposed to her.

 

 I first met her when I was in kindergarten. At that time she had no friends and was always alone. For the stupid reason that her skin color is different from those around her, and she has silver hair and blue eyes. I fell in love with her the moment I first saw her, hunched over on the playground equipment. She is what is commonly called love at first sight. I am still proud that I dared to invite her to play with me at that time.

 

 The first time I went to her house, I was full of surprises. First of all, the house is an amazing mansion. I thought it was only in dramas like Servants. I later learned that her grandfather was the Chairman of a major company whose name everyone had heard of, and her father was the President. As a side note, my father also works at that company. I felt that the world was surprisingly small.

 

 When children enter the same elementary school, it is natural for them to be together. When it comes to studying, I ask Svetlana to teach me what I don't understand. The opposite was also true. According to Svetlana, at that time she thought we were just normal friends, but in the fall of our second year, she witnessed me talking to another girl, and for some reason, she felt a great pain in her heart. When she asked her mom about it, she said it was ``love,'' and apparently, she started liking me after that. Good job, Mother-in-law! Thank you so much.

 

 When I was in third grade, I was looking for a book out of curiosity in the study of a mansion in Svetlana. On this day, I found a book that changed my life. For some reason, I was intrigued by the books that were scattered around here and there. I still remember being shocked when I read the title of the book.

 

"How to be a Gentleman"

 

 I didn't understand the meaning of the words written, but for some reason, I was drawn to the word 'gentleman' and was absorbed in it until Svetlana spoke to me that night. From that day on, I praised her and attacked her fiercely just as written in that book, and when we entered fifth grade, I proposed to her in front of Svetlana and her parents. Svetlana still wears the ring with a chain that I saved up from my pocket money to send for that day. I think I skipped a lot of steps, but I didn't care at the time.

 
Also, it's thanks to those Indian romantic movies and songs that I watched that may be one of the other reasons for influencing me and helping me realize my feelings and confessing to this beautiful Goddess.

 

"Kyaaaaaaa!!"

 

 In the end, I and the other two ended up walking together and were talking about a tea shop that had recently opened. Then, suddenly I heard someone screaming. It can't even be compared to Riti's scream. When I turned in the direction I heard the voice, I saw a woman sitting on the ground, and a man lying face down. A man who lets out a creepy laugh at the end. In his right hand, he held a knife covered in blood.

 

"Oh...I saw that guy on the news this morning..."

 

 Rita seemed to understand the situation, and unconsciously took a few steps back, and then, as if unconsciously, her hips gave out, she sat flat on the ground. Come to think of it, I remembered that my girlfriend's mother was talking about the indiscriminate killing incident that was recently on the news.

 

 When I looked at the man's face, I saw that he was also looking at me. I don't like it, or to be more precise, he staring at Svetlana, who is standing dumbfounded next to me, with the eyes of an animal.

 

"(Damn! You set your sights on me!)"

 

 I instantly realized that Svetlana was her target and tried to move forward to protect her. The man was already swinging his knife toward Svetlana with blood-stained eyes.

 

"(Make it in time!!)"

 

 The knife that was swung down towards Svetlana was narrowly blocked by the school bag that was tucked under his right side. The man stopped moving, perhaps surprised to find his knife blocked by a thick bag containing a dictionary. Not wasting that moment, I used my left hand to flick the knife the man was holding away. Next, I swung the bag in his right hand, which was in the way, as if slamming it into the ground, and with the momentum I gained, I aimed at the opponent's left chin and tried to unleash a full-force right hook but that man was already holding a sharp, shiny knife in his left hand and thrusting it straight out. It was later revealed that the murderer had one in each hand due to his age. He also carried three weapons on his feet.

 

"(Tch! Did you have a weapon there too? Get there in time!)"

 

 For a moment, I felt a prickling pain in my side. I, who was pumped with adrenaline, ignored the pain and stepped on the ground, rotating my waist and delivering a full-force right hook to the left side of his jaw. A man who received a direct hit was blown back 1 meter. The moment he fell to the ground, the adults in suits around him held him down as he lay sprawled on the ground.

 

"(Haa...haa...fuu~ that was dangerous. I'm glad I learned self-defense just in case... huh? Huh...? I can't put any strength in my legs)"

 

 As if the tension I had been feeling was gone, I lost my balance on both legs and fell on my back. In front of me, a dyed blue sky without a single cloud appeared. Svetlana noticed me who had fallen, raised her voice and ran to the side where I had fallen. Tears were flowing from her eyes as she approached. Rita, who was weak at the waist, was crying and screaming, ``Ambulance! Someone! Hurry!'' as if her throat would collapse. That's such an exaggeration. Even though it's okay.

 

"Milan! Milan! Don't die! Please don't die!"

 

--What nonsense are you saying? I just lost my strength due to stress.

 

 I tried to make a joke to make her laugh, but I felt a sharp pain in my side and some sort of lukewarm fluid flowed from my mouth, making it difficult for me to speak.

 

"(Tsu! It hurts! Huh...huh? Oh, I was stabbed?)"

 

 I put in as much strength as I can and look up. That was my limit. When I looked at my side, there was a sharp, silver-colored knife stuck deep in it. The red liquid that kept coming out from around it was staining his shirt.

 

"Milan! Don't die! Don't die! Without you, I... I... Oh no... please... please don't die."

 

 Slowly, Svetlana placed my head on her lap and not caring at all about the blood staining her expensive white uniform, cried and pressed the wound with the handkerchief she was holding.

 

"(...I'm sorry Svetlana. I tried to be a gentleman so you wouldn't cry, but I ended up making you cry.)"

 

 I instinctively sensed that the end was near, so he strained his aching abdominal muscles and slowly opened his mouth to speak. I wanted to reach the ears of my loved ones as much as possible, even if it was blurred.

 

"Ah...I...I'm...sorry...I'm...stained with...blood..."

 

 I can't speak well because of the pain. My lips became parched and the pain gradually subsided... I instinctively knew that death was approaching. My body temperature has dropped, and I'm having trouble breathing. The image of Svetlana reflected in my eyes became blurry. Oh, is it selfish of me to want to keep her beautiful figure burned in my eyes until the end? I'm sure she'll forgive me this much. Just one more second, just one more second.

 

"Don't say anything! We made a promise when we were little! We're going to get married! We're going to live together forever! So... please, don't die. Why can't you stop bleeding? Hey, please! Stop…stop!!"

 

Svetlana continues to press down on the wound, but the blood doesn't stop at all. I don't feel any pain anymore. But it's a little cold... I miss her warmth...

 

"Svetlana, please take care of Mom… Dad, Harshit, and Swastika. It's just a little bit."

 

"(Aaah, it's cold, but I'm getting sleepy. My eyelids are starting to close. Svetlana, I'm sorry. Please forgive me for leaving you behind.)"

 

 My eyelids slowly close. Long eyelashes overlap.

 

"No, Milan, please don't sleep! Don't die... Don't leave me alone, Milan... Please live."

 

 My eyelids were completely closed, and her voice was getting further and further away until I could still hear her sobbing. I can't die yet. One more word, one more word. I have to tell you this...I have to tell you this.

 

"Svet...lana. I love you."

 

 

 

Even though his heart had stopped beating, the red blood flowing from the wound continued to stain his shirt.

 

Many people who knew Milan well cried and collapsed on the floor at the news of his death.

1