Book 1: Epilogue
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Book 1: Epilogue

I pushed the heavy doors opened. All of the guildmasters were already here. John is still the Viking Lord even after 15 years had passed and he is still going strong. What a guy. Truth be told, all the guildmasters aside from the Dragon Lord had not changed. Even the Paladin Lord with a missing arm retained his position. Just how old is he exactly?

 

“Zen, you’re here. Let us begin. Your report states that the Demon King is able to influence dragons directly? Are you certain this is true?” asked the Dark Lord.

 

“Everything stated in it is as per my observation,” I answered clearly.

 

“And.. you said you talked to this dragon before killing it?” asked the Paladin Lord with a curious face.

 

“Indeed, I was taken aback at first but it certainly did happened and not one of my delusions,” I answered.

 

“That.. is grave news indeed. What else do we have to add on in our list of bajillion problems?” asked John to the other guildmasters.

 

“We know you have started a family, Zen. But we are in dire need of your help. We had given you flexibility in doing task for the past 15 years but I’m afraid we cannot hold back the tide any longer. We will need Rose to help out as well,” said the new Dragon Lord.

 

“I get the feeling that was the case when I was summoned here. Tell me what’s gotten you all spooked,” I asked them.

 

“Where do we even begin? From a town that had mysterious died in their sleep, to a mysterious organization that had been secretly slaying demons for unknown purpose. And now we have talking dragons to worry about that is presumably being controlled by the Demon King himself. Just to list a few by the way,” said the Dragon Lord.

 

“We also have the church to worry about. Apparently they announced that they had found a way to cure any sickness, disease or illness. That warrant suspicions on its own,” said John.

 

“Our church of the Divinity Goddess is free of controversy by the way,” added the Elementalist. Gee, way to look down on humans for once.

 

“These are dark times, Zen. We usually call upon the help of one of the great powers when we are in a dire situation. Seeing that you are the closest one to us, we humbly ask for your help,” asked the Dark Lord.

 

“Speaking of Sladar, are there any reports from him so far?” I asked.

 

“Yes, he reportedly said that things in the Demon Continent had.. taken a strange turn. More flora and fauna started blooming and thriving all of a sudden. Not to mention a tribe of humans had moved to the Demon Continent to start anew. The strange thing is that demons are not attacking them whatsoever which puzzled even Sladar himself,” said the Paladin Lord.

 

“I would like to add that creatures and monsters are also starting to attack the city walls directly. Not just dragons,” said John.

 

“And the imminent threat of the Demon King’s return that we all need to start preparing for,” added the Elementalist.

 

I sighed loudly. There are certainly a lot of things that we need to investigate. No doubt I will need all my closest friends and my loving wife for help.

 

I looked at the guildmasters with their gaze gleaming with anticipation. “Where do I begin?” I smirked.

 

Announcement

Book 1 is officially completed! Wow, can't believe it took me around 4 months to write around 700+ pages for a book. I am close to completing the roadmap for Book 2 and had begun writing. It will be extremely lore heavy and will introduce cosmic beings and of course the Demon King himself. More of Zen’s backstory will be revealed as well.

My ETA is mid May hopefully, as I await for the commissions for the cover art to be ready. In the meantime, I will be doing rewrites for my earlier chapters as there are so many mistakes in my writing. Horrible to read even as I dived back in. Here are the list of rewrites thus far. 

Prologue / C1 / C2

Look forward to the next Book called "Not An Isekai Story Unshipped". Follow my patreon for the latest news there!

https://patreon.com/GordonKing441?utm_medium=unknown&utm_source=join_link&utm_campaign=creatorshare_creator&utm_content=copyLink

0