Book 1: Prologue
291 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Book 1: Prologue

 

I opened my eyes. I was lying on my semi-fancy bed. My eyes were groggy as I struggled to rise. Now I know what you are thinking, what is with that title? Didn’t a certain “Truck-kun” ram you over while you were crossing a road? Absolutely not. I can assure you that is absolutely not the case. I did not reincarnate here as I can say for sure that I was born into this world as a baby straight from my mother’s womb. At least, that was what I was told. You see, I know absolutely nothing about my parents as I had never met them. They were down deep in the dirt when I was very young, perhaps around at the age of one or two. It was my grandfather who took care of me throughout my childhood. And yes, I will be breaking the fourth wall! I see you out there peeking in, be careful as I might be reading your mind too! Nah, I am just kidding. At least, you better hope so.

 

What a way to start the day with me rambling to myself inside my brain. I finally decided to head into the bathroom to freshen up. Damn it, what is with the weather? It sure is hot and humid right now. This world can be really brutal in the weather department. Sure, we have summer and winter. But God thought to himself, y’know what? Let’s throw in monsoon and thunderstorms too. Yet these are only on the continent that I decided to settle in. There is a continent that has hailstorms, burning rainstorms and acid storms too (which we sometimes call it death-storms). It is certainly a brutal world to live in. But it was the world that I was born in. While it is not a happy go lucky world that I would had preferred, there are happiness to be found in it. Beggars can’t be choosers as the saying goes. Maybe I might end up killing myself and get transported to somewhere else. Nah, who knows where I might end up in. Could be worst than where I am right now.

 

I head into the kitchen to brew my favourite rose flower tea. It is not a delicacy in this world but I really love it. I found it to be the best drink for me to calm myself down and it gets me in a relax mood to start my day with. As I twirled the drink in my cup, I recalled all the memories this drink brought whether it was bitter or sweet. I made sure to have my pinky up as I sip my tea. Ah, it is certainly delicious, innit? Wait, I am not British.

 

We don’t exactly separate the human race into categories in this world as we have plenty of other species that co-exist with humanity. Indeed we have dark, fair, yellow or brown skinned humans that live here. But we are all still called humans at the end of the day. What is the point in separating humans when we have elves, demons and lizard people. Sadly there is no dwarfs or hobbits around though.

 

I went out to the balcony with my tea and sat my favourite chair. I spend my time here every morning usually recollecting myself and all the past journey that I had been through. And as usual, I hear the soft pattering footsteps that comes to find me. “Daddy!”, she screamed while running towards me. Ah, my sweet summer child, my beautiful daughter at the age of 10.

 

“No need to scream, daddy is here,” I said as I pet her head. What an adorable child that I was blessed with. She certainly takes mostly from her mother and gotten most of her beautiful features. She will definitely grow to be a beauty when she grows up.

 

“Daddy, I wanna hear the story about the Sun,” she asked me.

 

“The Sun?” I thought as I rubbed my unshaven chin.

 

“Didn’t daddy told you this story before?” I asked her.

 

“But I love that story, I wanna hear it again!” her eyes were sparkling as she looked at me.

 

It is quite a simple story to be honest. It is about how I came into this world and started out my journey. I call it “The Sun” as it was how I rise up to be who I came to be. And how I eventually found “it”. A very valuable item that defined a part of my life. Truth be told, I am not even sure whether she remembered the story when I started telling her at around the age of perhaps around five. Why did I even started telling her that story in the first place at that age is beyond me.

 

“Alright, let me recollect my memories and think on how do I begin,” I told her. It is not easy to suddenly think back on your past and start telling it as a story. Not to mention I am already at the age of 35. But I can assure you that my story has not ended yet.

 

I hear my wife in the kitchen preparing breakfast. Oh I have a great idea, I will not be spoiling on who my wife is and let you all guess who she is. Pay attention as there are a few give aways that will be coming.

 

“Let us start, shall we?” I asked my daughter as I got ready to head down the memory lane. It is going to be a long story if she asks for more.

 

My daughter nodded her head with adorable enthusiasm. I pinched her cheek starting the story.

5