3. Best strategists
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Members of the royal court, knights, mages, and advisors swiftly gathered in the designated meeting hall. The atmosphere in the room is tense, and a hushed silence fell upon the assembly as King Aric entered.

King Aric, the sovereign of Eldoria, entered the room with an air of authority that commanded immediate attention. Without preamble, he addressed the gathered assembly, his voice resonating with the weight of the revelation. "The lost relic in the thousand year old prophecy has been located."

The words hung in the air, and the announcement instantly transformed the previously silent hall into a cacophony of whispers and chatter. Excitement and anticipation rippled through the crowd as the reality of the news sank in. The prophecy, long believed to be a mere legend from a bygone era, was now confirmed to be more than just a tale spun across a thousand years. It was tangible, real, and waiting to be unveiled. The revelation sparked a fervor of discussion, with the courtiers unable to contain their excitement at the prospect of the ancient prophecy becoming a living reality in the kingdom of Eldoria.

The one most visibly shocked among them was none other than Lord, 10-circle royal magician. As the revelation unfolded, a sudden blaze of fervor ignited within him. Unable to contain the hunger for power, his eyes starts gleaming with a greedy intensity that betrayed his insatiable desire.

Unable to restrain himself, Lord addressed the king with a sense of urgency, "Is it true, Your Majesty? The prophecy, the weapon — does it really exist?" His words dripped with a hunger for the untold power promised by the relic, and the intensity of his gaze conveyed an eagerness to seize the opportunity presented by this newfound revelation.

The king turned his gaze toward Lord, whose unbridled greed seemed to spill from his every word and glance. Despite being well aware of Lord ambitious plans, the king found himself in a bind. The intricate web of the shadow enclave constrained his actions, leaving him with limited options. The king understood the formidable power wielded by their enigmatic opponent, a dark magician whose power could tip the balance of the entire kingdom.

In this delicate dance of alliances and necessities, King Aric acknowledged the uncomfortable truth — that Lord was not a matter of choice but a strategic imperative. Only Lord held the key to standing against the looming threat posed by the dark magician.

Acknowledging the delicate balance between necessity and risk, the king nodded with a heavy heart. "I call upon each of you to lend your expertise and form a party. We must retrieve the weapon before the shadows do," he declared with a resolute tone. 

Lord boldly stepped forward and speak while kneeing in front of the king Aric, "Your majesty, i would like to lead the party."

Erick, stand up to voice his own opinion about Lord but found himself interrupted by a man in his fifties, who had been sitting quietly in a corner. This imposing figure stood at an impressive eight meters tall, with a physique that dwarfed the average person. A deep cut marked his left cheek, lending an air of intimidation to his already formidable presence.

With a knowing smirk directed at Lord, the man addressed the king, "Your Majesty, I would like to suggest something." His words hung in the air, and a tension settled over the room. Lord, his plans seemingly disrupted, clenched his fists in anger, he want to immediately rip the heart of the man who interrupted his plan, his plan of obtaining weapon and to stand on the top of world.

King Aric, acknowledging the man's request, turned his attention to the individual and inquired, "What would you like to suggest, Duke Silverthorn?"

Mason Silverthorn, duke of Silverthorn, with a calm demeanor that seemed to smirked to Lord further, responded, "Your Majesty, we should leave this matter to the young ones,the future of the kingdom."

King Aric cast an incredulous glance towards Manson, a mix of confusion and awe etched on his face. Manson's suggestion to send only the young ones on such a critical mission, especially against one of the most powerful adversaries, seemed, in the king's eyes, a proposal bordering on the imprudent. The gravity of the situation demanded a more measured approach, and the king struggled to comprehend the rationale behind such a seemingly audacious idea.

Sensing the king's perplexity, Manson spoke once more, his tone remaining polite, yet now carrying an undertone of gentle persuasion. "My king," he began, his words carefully chosen, "considering the challenges we face, entrusting the mission to the younger members of our court could provide them with invaluable experience. Exposing them to the harsh realities and danger of the world will not only test their mettle but also prepare them for future responsibilities. I am merely suggesting a young leader to guide us; we, the experienced, will be there to support them when necessary."

Manson's rationale emphasized the potential benefits of allowing the younger generation to take a leading role in the mission. He framed it not just as a strategic move against their powerful adversary but also as a developmental opportunity for the emerging leaders of Eldoria. 

Impressed by Duke Silverthron's strategic insights, a smile graced King Aric's face as he acknowledged the duke's acumen. "You are truly one of my best strategists, Duke Silverthron," the king commended.

Duke Silverthron, gracious in his response, replied, "Thank you, Your Majesty."

The king then turned his attention to the assembled court and declared with a certain conviction, "Erick Silverthron will lead this mission."

Erick, taken aback by the unexpected announcement, couldn't fathom how he, a man in his twenties, could be entrusted with leading a mission of such importance.

Before Erick could voice his concerns, the king interjected, addressing the unspoken doubts. "Your father once led a mission at your age too," King Aric stated, casting a meaningful glance towards Mason. "And you are the one who found the relic's location. I am sure you will lead this party to victory."

Erick, feeling the weight of the responsibility bestowed upon him, bowed respectfully and uttered, "Thank you for bestowing this opportunity upon me. I will not disappoint you," After a brief pause, he sought the king's permission to add one more member to the mission, "Your Majesty, I would like to suggest one more addition to our party."

"Who do you want, young man?" King Aric inquired.

Erick glanced towards Lord and confidently spoke, "I would like Derik to join me."

Lord, taken aback by Erick's request, knew that Derik was someone he had strategically placed in his shadow to eat his mana. The thought of losing Derik, he swiftly denied Erick's request, stating firmly, "My student is a child. I will not allow him to walk into a suicide mission."

King Aric, perceptive to the desperation in Lord's voice, observed the power dynamics at play. Despite being the royal magician, Lord harbored a sense of superiority that didn't sit well with the king. Aware of Lord's potential for betrayal, King Aric discerned the significance of Derik to the ambitious magician.

Dismissing Lord's objection, King Aric gave Erick permission, stating, "You can have him."

Lord attempted to interject, but the king ignored him, turned his glance towards Erick, and speak , "You must bring me the weapon". With that, King Aric left the assembly, leaving the weight of the mission now rested on Erick's shoulders.

0