5. Destiny never lies
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The courtroom echoed with the fading footsteps of those departing for preparations, leaving behind an empty space crackling with anticipation. Suddenly, a majestic eagle swooped down from the ceiling, its wings cutting through the air before gracefully alighting on the chair where Erick had been seated. In the blink of an eye, the eagle underwent a mesmerizing transformation, morphing into a handsome teen with radiant, blood-red eyes and pointed ears. Cloaked in an extravagant coat that billowed like shadows and adorned with exquisite jewelry that shimmered in the dim light, the mysterious figure surveyed the now vacated chamber.

Suddenly his eyes ignited with a malevolent gleam as he spoke in a possessed manner, "Destiny never lies. They ruined the legacy once, but this time destiny will play its role. The ruler of the stars will be born soon, and destiny will guide him to fulfill his legacy." As the last words echoed, his eyes abruptly returned to their normal state, and he blinked twice. A puzzled expression crossed his face, and he shouted while grabbing at his hair, "Destiny, ruined legacy, ruler of the stars? Can't you explain clearly?"

Confused and desperate to decipher the riddles from the enigmatic meeting, teen suddenly felt a vibration in his pocket. Swiftly extracting a magical tool, he heard a loud shout, "Where are you? Where the hell are you, damned Alistair?"

Peering into the magical orb, Alistair beheld a figure that mirrored his appearance but with a hint of aging, almost as if he were glimpsing into his own future. Ignoring the man's frantic words, Alistair spoke, "Father, father, the universe spoke to me again." The man, a mix of relief and concern on his face, paused and asked once more, "First, tell me, where are you?" Alistair replied, eyes darting around, "I traveled to the Eldoria Kingdom."

Upon hearing the teen's revelation, the man erupted in anger, shouting, "Are you mad, Alistair? How dare you travel to the human kingdom, and that corrupt one at that! Don't you understand the strained relations between Eldoria and our kingdom? If they discover you are the crown prince of the Netherforge kingdom, they will—"

The teen smirked, cutting off the man mid-sentence, "As if those weaklings can catch me. I was right under their noses, and they couldn't even sense my presence."

The man, observing his son's actions, let out a resigned sigh. This pair are the king, Azrael and crown prince, Alistair of Netherforge Kingdom, a realm of devils blessed with monstrous physical strength and the ability to manipulate magic. Each devil possesses a unique ability, and crown prince Alistair, in particular, is gifted with future prediction, occasionally even communicating with the universe itself.

With a weary expression, the king Azrael asked about the vision, prompting the prince Alistair to share, "Destiny never lies. They ruined the legacy once, but this time destiny will play its role. The ruler of the star will be born soon, and destiny will guide him to fulfill his legacy."

The king Azrael flinched at the revelation. The crown prince, Alistair asked if his father knew something, but suddenly, a small figure popped up from behind the king. It was the second child, a five-year-old holding an ancient book, speaking as if conversing with an unseen entity, "Brother, you are so stupid. The universe is definitely talking about the prophecy." The king Azrael looked towards his second child, who was born with the unique ability of extraordinary knowledge about languages and magic.

"Ah," The crown prince, Alistair suddenly recalling the contents of the meeting, addressed his father, "Father, I found something interesting. The fools of Eldoria have discovered the location of the prophecy. I will follow them. Please, quickly send the army so that we can retrieve the weapon before. We can't allow them to possess the weapon and silently watch them grow stronger." The king, upon hearing about the prophecy, lapsed into deep thought. Meanwhile, the second child scolded his elder brother, saying, "Brother, why are you so foolish? The universe just spoke to you. It's warning us not to covet the legacy because the owner of the destiny has long been decided."
 
Upon hearing his younger brother, the crown prince Alistair also fell into deep thought. He recognized the truth in the voice of the universe, understanding that if destiny had decided the ruler, no one could interfere

The reluctance lingered in the air as the crown prince hesitated to let the people of Eldoria obtain the weapon. He spoke again, "But we can't let those fools take the weapon now." The king Azrael immediately interrupted the crown prince Alistair with a grave reminder, "Can you wear the weight of a death? You already know what happened when you tried to change someone's destiny."

The crown prince's face turned pale and sad, mirroring the somber realization that weighed on both father and son. The king Azrael continued, his voice heavy with regret, "I lost your mother because of my selfishness. I don't want to lose anyone more. So come back, son. If destiny wants, we will be part of the prophecy."

The crown prince, Alistair nodded in understanding, ending the connection, transforming back into an eagle, and soaring towards his kingdom.

Meanwhile, the second prince observed his father lost in deep thought. Leaving his father undisturbed, he made his way to the family library. Within the library, he approached an old statue, and look around before placing a stone in its left eye. The statue shifted, revealing a small door. Entering the door led him to a chamber adorned with paintings and engravings on the walls, each telling a story. The second prince walked towards a massive stone, towering over him, covered in ancient engravings.

The engravings, etched in a script long forgotten, seemed to tell tales of ages past. The second prince delicately traced the lines of the carvings, pondering their significance. As his fingers brushed the engraving, a revelation struck him—it wasn't depicting a weapon but an egg. His young mind grappled with the concept, contemplating the possibility that the prophecy might center around this mysterious egg.

Examining the other engravings, he mused aloud, "If it's an egg, could the prophecy be about the egg itself? Yet the universe spoke of the birth of a ruler of the stars. Someone destined to be born, perhaps to claim this egg as their own." Doubt crept in as he questioned the feasibility of an egg surviving a millennia and how its owner could be predetermined from a thousand years ago. However, the enigmatic ways of the universe allowed for endless possibilities.

Puzzled by the mention of a ruined legacy, he ruffled his hair in contemplation, voicing his thoughts, "Why does it say they ruined the legacy once? When will I be old enough to travel and unravel the complete story?" With that, he left the chamber, leaving behind the ancient engravings that held secrets of a prophecy yet to unfold.

Liking the story?
  • yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0