chapter 1
136 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You are giving me this sh*t." Jane said as she threw an expensive necklace at James.

“You are joking, right?” James looked at her in disbelief. He gave her a smile with a little fear in his eyes, hoping it was just a joke.

That necklace was something he bought for her at her birthday to make her smile, but she threw it like trash. It can't be true; she must be joking. Yes! She is joking. I can bet my life on it.

“That necklace is already outdated, like 3 months ago, and when are you giving me this? Now!!” Jane said it sarcastically. “You know, Riya's boyfriend bought her the same necklace six months ago.”

“I collected enough money to buy it a month ago after using all of my savings.” James picked up a necklace to give it to her. “It cost me three months of my salary to buy it. Please do this next time. I am not going to make this mistake, okay? Please forgive me.”

“You are as pathetic as ever, you know." A voice came from behind.

Without even turning, James can tell who this voice belongs to. “Rocky,” said James. “This is our matter, so you better mind your own business.”

Rocky, now facing James, put on a grin as if he were looking at a fool. “Do you really think yelling at my girlfriend is your problem, huh?”

“She is my girlfriend, not yours. Rocky.”

“You are the one spouting nonsense here.” Finally, Jane said that and grabbed Rocky's hand while he was grinning at James as if he had conquered the universe.

James' heart skipped a beat, and he looked frantically at Jane. “But we are still a couple, and he was the one who cheated on you with your friend. Are you still going with him?”

Jane took the necklace from James' hand and stared at him lovingly. “You know I can feel your love from this necklace.” James thought she was going to apologize to him, but “It is as poor as you," said Jane as she crushed the necklace from her heels, shattering the necklace and his heart at the same time.

“He said it was his fault and came back to me, and he got this new purse and golden chain as an apology for that.” She started showing off her new purse and golden chain like precious treasure. “And look at you; you were just giving me this outdated necklace.”

James refused to look at her and started picking up the broken necklace, little by little. He made a vow to never give his heart to anyone.


After picking up a broken necklace, he glanced at his ex-girlfriend, who was now dating Rocky, and he didn't know about this until now. She was using him to get herself expensive things. And now he is broke; she didn't even give him a look before abandoning him for someone else.

‘How pathetic I was’ James thought before he turned away to leave for home.

‘james’ Jane whispered his name. As he was crossing the road, Jane called him sweetly, as she does every time she likes something.

He stopped in his tracks and turned to look at her. He was momentarily stunned and didn't know how to react. As he looked at Jane, he knew something was not right. Rocky held a sinister smile that he was trying to hide, but his eyes betrayed him.

Before he could react, he head-slammed against the truck, and his confusion disappeared. He understood that this was what they wanted from the start.

His skull was now cracked open, bleeding at the side of the road. He can see people taking pictures of him as his vision starts to distort, and gradually he can't see anything. Only I can hear people asking others to call for an ambulance.

‘Bystanders effect’ That's what psychology calls it. I was hoping the person next to them would help the injured person, but at last no one did.

His hearing is also going as well as his vision, and he can smell blood dripping from his skull and making its way to his mouth. 'ironish'—that's  the last thought before he lost his consciousness.

0