Death of Cherry Lotus
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning arises and Adrian starts to walk sideways with Kenshi Yagi the legendary sword master who he is about to duel. 

"You surely have understood the ways of the blade, but I will show you a level none have ever reached besides me," Kenshi Yagi tells him confidently.  

Adrian remains silent, his neutral face betraying no emotion. He moves with blitz, deliberate steps, honed from training evident in his disciplined footwork. Adrian circles to Kenshi's left, sizing up his opponent. He grips his katana tightly, the woven hilt rough against his calloused palms.

Adrian lunges, his blade slicing through the morning air. Kenshi responds instantly, bringing his sword up in a vertical slash to parry the blow. The resounding clang of steel echoes across the quiet glade. 

"Your technique is impressive, but skill and strength will not win this duel," Kenshi speaks, his voice gravelly yet even. 

Adrian resets his stance, feet planted firmly on the dewy grass. He takes a deep breath, calming his racing heart. 

The two stand motionless, the peaceful chirping of birds the only sound. A gentle breeze rustles the surrounding sakura trees, leaves drifting lazily to the fields . 

They move in unison, blades glinting in the soft morning light. Adrian fights to suppress his aggressive instincts, focusing on defense rather than offense. He tracks each subtle shift of Kenshi's body, struggling to anticipate the next strike.

Adrian circles warily, watching Kenshi with intense focus. The old master's face is serene, betraying no hint of exertion despite the prolonged duel. 

Another flurry of strikes, Adrian barely deflecting each blow. He is being driven back across the glade, struggling to keep pace with Kenshi's graceful yet relentless assault. 

Adrian sees an opening and counters, his sword slicing towards Kenshi's shoulder. But the master sidesteps swiftly, Adrian's blade finding only empty air. Off-balance, Adrian stumbles forward.

As if on cue, a gust of wind swept through their surroundings, sending a flurry of leaves spiraling around them. Adrian's gaze darted between the dancing foliage and Kenshi's steady form, trying to discern the essence of the Spring Blossom Dance within the chaos.

In a flash, Kenshi's sword is at his throat. Adrian freezes, just as he sensed death. 

"You have great skill, but you lack ascension in your technique," Kenshi says, lowering his blade. "True mastery comes not from talent alone, but from wisdom and discipline."  

Adrian bows his head in acknowledgement. "I have much yet to learn, Master ."

Kenshi places a hand on the younger man's shoulder. "With time and the right teachings, your potential could be boundless. But you must be willing to let go of your own ways to adopt new ones."

Adrian meets Kenshi's gaze, seeing the decades of experience reflected there.

Kenshi gives Adrian a slight smile and nod, sensing the shift in the young man's demeanor. 

"Come," Kenshi says, turning and walking slowly towards the edge of the glade. Adrian follows respectfully a few paces behind. 

They stop at a gently flowing stream, its waters crystal clear. Kenshi settles himself gracefully on a large rock at the water's edge. He gestures for Adrian to sit as well.

"Watch the stream," Kenshi instructs. "See how it flows effortlessly over and around any obstacle. The water does not force itself against the rocks - it accepts their presence and simply continues on its way."

Adrian watches the stream thoughtfully, understanding Kenshi's lesson. The old master continues:

"In battle, in life, rigidity is the path to defeat. Like the water, you must adapt, flow, and change direction when needed - yet always stay true to your overall course."

Kenshi picks up a fallen blossom, placing it delicately on the water's surface. 

"As I said before, the pedals dance upon the stream. My technique mimics this natural harmony of water and flower."

The pedals swirl in a mesmerizing pattern as the stream carries them along. 

He smirks. 

Kenshi rises smoothly from his rock and steps into the shallow stream. He moves through several graceful forms, his sword glinting in the morning light as it flows effortlessly from stance to stance. Adrian watches in awe - the old master's movements seem to blend perfectly with the motion of the water swirling around his feet.

After a few moments, Kenshi completes the sequence and turns to Adrian. "Now you try. Feel the energy of the stream as you move."

Adrian steps into the water and attempts to mimic Kenshi's movements. At first his motions feel forced and unnatural compared to the master's fluidity. But Adrian focuses on the sensation of the current tugging at his ankles, letting it guide his steps and sword work. Bit by bit, his stiffness fades away. His blade starts to move more smoothly, transitioning from pose to pose.

Kenshi nods approvingly. "That's it. Continue to relax into the flow of the water. Let it support and direct you."

They continue practicing as the morning sun climbs higher overhead. 

The jagged peaks of the Qindaiwu Mountains tore at the sky, their snow-capped tips glinting in the piercing sunlight. Heyden clawed his way up the steep incline, his muscles burning, lungs heaving for breath. The thin air seared his throat with each ragged gasp. His hands bled from grasping at sharp rocks, legs leaden from exertion. Still, he pushed on. 

Shang floated up the slope with ease, not a bold hair out of place. He glanced back at Heyden's struggling form. "Keep up, boy. The peak is near."

Heyden gritted his teeth, hauling himself up over a boulder. Just a little further. He had to prove himself, to understand his worth. Shang was right - the raw power of the mountain would break him, reforge him into something stronger. 

With a final guttural cry, Heyden crested the peak. The view stole his breath - endless ridges of stone and snow unfurled below, ancient and commanding. Pride swelled in his chest. He had conquered the unconquerable.

Shang's voice cut through his reverie. "Take it in, boy. Let this place enter your bones. You've taken the first steps on the ascended path."  

Heyden stood at the mountain's peak, chest heaving as he took in gulps of crisp, thin air. The view before him was breathtaking - endless ridges and valleys of stone and snow unfurling below. He had battled his way up the unforgiving slope, hands bloodied from jagged rocks, muscles screaming in protest. But he had conquered the unconquerable peak.

As the adrenaline of victory coursed through his veins, Heyden felt a swell of pride in his chest. He had pushed himself to his very limits, and emerged stronger. 

Shang's voice cut through his thoughts. "Feel the blood pumping through your body, boy. Let the mountain enter your bones. Its raw power will break you, and from the fragments, your new self will form."

He turned to Shang with fire in his eyes Saying "From the lofty summit to the desolate, rugged plains, I have ascended, guiding my life force through my veins like the wind that emerges from the earth and dances in the sky."

Resolute and emboldened, Heyden gazed out once more at the majestic, profound vista. 

Sometime later.......

Heyden slid his arms into the sleeves of his black fiber vest, the gear hugging his torso tightly. He finished strapping on his leather bracers and clipped his short sword to his belt. The echo of his footsteps bounced off the ancient temple's stone walls as he made his way to the entrance. 

A courier was already waiting, backlit by the morning sun streaming through the towering archway. 

"Morning," Shang said, giving the courier a slight bow. "Do you have another contract from our lords?"

The courier returned the bow. "Yes sir, I bring another quest scroll for your next training location." He held out a tightly bound scroll, sealed with dark wax.  

Shang took the scroll and tucked it into his robe. "My thanks. Please give our Lords my regards." 

With another quick bow the courier hurried off, his footsteps fading down the mountain path.

Shang turned to Heyden. "It seems your trials here have come to an end. But before we part ways, I have something your father sent that I've been holding onto."

Heyden's eyes widened slightly. "I'm surprised my father prepared something ahead of time, as busy as he keeps with his duties."

"Come with me." Shang headed into the temple's interior, passing between carved pillars until they reached the shrine room. He withdrew a long bundle wrapped in coarse cloth from a stone alcove. 

"A gift from your father." Shang held it out to Heyden.

Heyden set the bundle on a low table and carefully unwrapped it, revealing a sheathed short sword. He drew the blade in one smooth motion, admiring the rippled steel that caught the torchlight. 

"Fuijin steel," Shang noted. "Rarely found in these mountains. Legend says it can bend the tempest fury when wielded in battle."  

Heyden nodded, sheathing the blade at his hip opposite his old sword. He clasped Shang's hand firmly.

"Thank you for everything, Master Shang."

Shang squeezed his hand tightly. "You've learned well. Now continue on your path."

Hayden stepped back and bowed low. Then he turned and strode from the temple, ready for whatever lay ahead.

Heyden made his way down the winding mountain trail as the morning sun crested over the peaks behind him. His time training with Master Shang had honed both his body and mind. 

As he descended into the Mountain side, a faint bell sounded in the distance, barely audible over the morning birdsong. Heyden paused, listening intently until the chime came again, carried on the wind. It seemed to be coming from the east, deeper in the vista. 

The wind chimes hanging from the ancient tree rang out in the distance, their delicate tones echoing through the misty mountain air. Haruna sat motionless beneath its gnarled branches, eyes closed in meditation, her deep purple hair spilling over the shoulders of her ronin's kimono with a straw hat on. 

Hayden crept closer, boots silent on the mossy ground. He had followed the otherworldly sound for miles through the rugged terrain. Now the source was before him - this mysterious woman with an intricate sword laid across her lap. 

Her scarlet eyes opened suddenly, rooting Hayden in place. "Hello, fellow blade wielder," she said, her voice melodic yet strong. "Come, sit with me. It is peaceful here today. You may find balance for your soul."

Though wary, Hayden felt drawn to her serene elegance. He sat beside Haruna on the soft grass. Her very presence seemed to still his mind. 

"I am of the Cherry Blossom guild," she continued. "My father Hiroshi sent me to roam these lands and advance my technique." 

Hayden nodded. As a proud C-rank scout from Yoshiha, he too was on a solitary quest to train in the mountains. He was due to report back soon, though the thought of leaving this oasis of calm was bittersweet. 

"I am heading south, through Kenju region towards Katan" Hayden offered, opening up to this mysterious woman. 

Haruna closed her eyes once more, hands resting lightly on the hilt of her katana. Hayden studied her serene features - the graceful arch of her brows, the soft glow of her skin. He had never met someone who radiated such poise and beauty.

After some time, Haruna spoke again, her voice like wind through bamboo. "It has been many seasons since I last ventured home. I wonder how my father fares at the guild. He is a great man, but stubborn and set in his ways." 

She let out a small laugh. "He likely curses my 'wandering spirit,' unaware that it is his teachings that gave me wings." 

Haruna turned to Hayden, scarlet eyes meeting his. "We all must find our own path, even if it diverges from what came before. Do you not agree?"

Hayden held her intense gaze. Her words resonated within him, touching upon his own conflicts and desires. She saw through to his core in a way no one else could.

"Yes," he replied slowly. "Sometimes our destiny is not chained to tradition. It is ever changing, like the wind." 

Haruna smiled, pleased at his insight. In the distance, a crane took flight, spreading its wings towards the clouds. Hayden watched it vanish into the sun, a sense of freedom rising in his chest.

Adrian sat at the table in the Cherry Lotus guild, surrounded by Kenshi Yagi, Hiroshi, and the other top students of the dojo. Adrian's face was calm but his fingers tapped restlessly on the tabletop, belying his inner tension. 

Hiroshi's weathered face creased with concern as he spoke. "Sir, please, Adrian still has many years ahead of him. The idea of a death match here among us is too extreme."

Kenshi waved a hand dismissively. "Let the man decide for himself. He has far surpassed even you and your daughter." 

Adrian smirked, though his gut churned. He had hoped to avoid this confrontation. "You noticed my breakthrough in technique and grew hasty for a duel, Master. But we both retain our youth in the blade."

"The spring cherry blossom dances on the flowing water for only so long," Kenshi replied. "Have you the conviction to meet my challenge?"

Adrian steeled himself. "It is settled then. Let us battle with honor, that we both may taste victory." 

They left the dojo, other students trailing eagerly behind them. In the courtyard, Hiroshi rushed up with a worried look as lamplight glinted off blades. The duel began.

Adrian circled Kenshi slowly, his footsteps light on the courtyard. Their blades flashed in the lamplight as they traded probing strikes, testing each other's defenses. Sweat beaded Adrian's brow despite the cool night air. He had always admired Kenshi's skill, but never faced it directly at this extent.

With a flurry of strikes, Kenshi pressed his attack. Adrian parried each blow, but the force of them numbed his arms. He gave ground, biding his time.

In a pause, Adrian said, "You wield the years well, Master." 

Kenshi's mouth quirked. "As do you, my pupil."

Their blades sang as the duel resumed. Adrian felt his focus narrowing, his senses heightened. He saw an opening and took it, his katana slicing towards Kenshi's shoulder. But the master sidestepped smoothly and Adrian overextended. 

Quick as a viper, Kenshi's blade darted in. Pain bloomed along Adrian's ribs. He leapt back, hand pressed to his side, blood seeping between his fingers. The watching students murmured in dismay. 

"A good strike," Adrian said through gritted teeth. He raised his blade again. 

Hiroshi paced back and forth, wringing his hands as he watched Adrian and Kenshi circle each other, blades glinting in their sparks. 

"This is madness," Hiroshi murmured, glancing anxiously between the two fighters. "Someone is going to get seriously hurt."

But Adrian and Kenshi seemed oblivious to Hiroshi's concerns, their eyes locked together, bodies coiled and ready to strike. They moved with the graceful steps of a deadly dance, blades slicing through the air with breathtaking speed and precision. 

Adrian's eyes were cold, devoid of emotion. With each clash of steel, his bloodlust grew, a predator reveling in the thrill of the hunt. Kenshi matched him strike for strike, his technique flawless, his focus absolute. 

They broke apart, chests heaving. 

"Now you've all been watching eagerly," Adrian said, his voice like the edge of a knife. "But here it is - my Heavenly Flash Blade!"

He exploded forward, his katana a blur of light iron as he unleashed an onslaught of blinding strikes. Kenshi deflected and spun away, losing strands of hair to Adrian's razor-edge cuts. Hiroshi cried out, but still the duelists ignored him, lost in their deadly dance.

Heyden gazed up at the starry night sky as he and Haruna continued their journey through the darkness. The twinkling stars reminded him of his tales- each choice he made leading him down an unknown path. 

Haruna smiled softly. "This path you walk is a dangerous one, but I believe you follow it with honorable intentions."  

Heyden nodded, keeping his eyes to the heavens. "I think one must choose to follow the path of order, though others may act as criminals. True freedom lies in discipline, not anarchy."

"Yes, we must temper our blades and abilities for the greater martial path, not personal gain." Haruna's voice was filled with conviction.  

They walked in contemplative silence for a time, taking comfort in their aligned philosophies .

Haruna's gaze suddenly shifted to the south, her eyes narrowing. Heyden followed her line of sight and saw a massive, dark thunderstorm rolling across the plains toward them. The boiling clouds flashed with lightning, and even from this distance they could hear the ominous rumble of thunder. 

Haruna's hand went to her sword hilt reflexively. "That storm brings grave tidings. We should find shelter before it's upon us."

Heyden scanned the open grasslands around them. There were no trees, buildings, or even rock outcroppings in sight that could provide cover. 

"You're right, but I don't see anywhere we can take refuge. We'll have to keep moving and hope to outrun the worst of it." He pulled his cloak tighter around his shoulders.

The first fat raindrops began to fall as the storm rumbled closer, carried on howling winds. Haruna's brow furrowed with concern as she turned her face skyward, letting the rain pelt her skin.

"I don't like this," she said quietly. "It reeks of unnatural forces. We should be wary."

Sparks flew as Adrian's blade sliced through the rain, staining the courtyard crimson. The students gasped, clutching at each other in horror and awe. 

Kenshi staggered back, clutching his throat. Blood seeped between his fingers as he fell to his knees. Still, he smiled up at Adrian, pride etched into the lines of his face. 

"You won, warrior," Kenshi rasped. "I am bloodied and bruised. You adapted to everything I threw at you. The chessboard is checkmate."

Adrian stared down at his master, chest heaving. His blade trembled in his grip. He had won. After cultivating his skill through training, he had finally surpassed Kenshi. 

Hiroshi's anguished roar cut through the tumult. "No! Stop, Adrian—you can't finish Kenshi! The whole nation will brand you a criminal!" 

Adrian froze in his tracks, gaze locking with Hiroshi's. 

For a long moment, Adrian could only stare at him. Then he turned back to Kenshi, features etched with sorrow. 

"Master," he said softly, "it was an honor." 

He raised his blade, the motion leaden and slow. But just as he moved to strike the final blow, Kenshi slumped forward lifeless . Adrian took a faltering step back, blinking against the sting of rain .

The students were screaming now, rushing forward to cradle Kenshi's body. Their cries pierced the night, rivaling the crack of thunder overhead. 

Haruna raced through the rain, her boots splashing in puddles as she ran. Heyden kept pace beside her, his silver hair plastered to his head. 

"Look, up ahead!" Haruna pointed. "All the dojos—that's where my guild is. We made it pretty far into the Kenju region. I didn't know you could keep up with me, Heyden." Her smile faded as a scream pierced the night, followed by shouts and the clash of steel. 

Heyden's instincts flared. "I smell death." He leapt onto the nearest wall, sprinting along the tiles and scanning the courtyard below. 

Bodies littered the ground, blood mixing with rain. A man moved through the carnage, his sword flickering out to slash throats and stab hearts. Hiroshi, Haruna's father, struggled against the killer, his own blade barely parrying each blow. With a yell, the man rammed his sword through Hiroshi's chest. 

Haruna screamed, charging forward. Rage flooded Heyden's veins at the sight of Adrian, an old foe. As thunder crashed overhead, Heyden watched from the rooftops, hunger burning in his gut. Haruna would have her vengeance—but Adrian was his kill. 

Haruna attacked Adrian, her sword a blur of silver. Heyden leaned forward, muscles tensed. The time would come for him to enter the fray. For now, he would observe. Learn. And when Adrian was weakened... 

The hunt was on.

Haruna slashed at Adrian, fury lending her blows strength. He parried and dodged, searching for an opening. 

Haruna snarled, redoubling her efforts. Adrian's sword caught hers, twisting to throw her off-balance. She stumbled, and he kicked her legs out from under her. 

Haruna hit the ground hard, the air leaving her lungs. Adrian stood over her, raising his sword—

Haruna's body lay limp as she faints, the pouring rain washing the blood from the courtyard . Adrian stood over her, his sword dripping crimson as he caught his breath from their fierce brief exchange. 

Hayden had watched from the rooftops as Adrian cut down Haruna's father. Now, seeing her unconscious form crumpled before him, rage boiled up inside him. He leapt from the tiles, blade sparking as he slashed at Adrian. 

Adrian whirled, steel ringing out as he blocked Hayden's strike. "Scout, has fate brought our paths together again?" he asked, almost conversationally despite their crossed swords.

"You killed her father," Hayden spat back through gritted teeth, his fury fueling another lighting-quick flurry of blows. Adrian sidestepped and blocked, his motions smooth as wind. 

"Do you realize what you've done to this guild?" Hayden pressed the attack, seeking any opening in Adrian's defense, desperate to avenge Haruna's loss.

Adrian took a steadying breath and settled into a defensive stance, watching Heyden closely. Then the berserked man tilted his head, seeming to study Adrian in turn. 

Then he darted forward, a godly strike. Adrian deflected it and lashed out with a kick, catching Heyden in the chest. 

He stumbled back, eyes flashing with surprise.

Adrian didn't hesitate, pressing his advantage. He rained down blows, driving Heyden back with a flurry of strikes and slashes. Heyden blocked and dodged, but for the first time seemed to be on the defensive. 

Heyden's short blade crackled with blue lightning as he launched into a graceful dance, slashing at Adrian a thousand times amidst the tempest raging in the dojo courtyard. Adrian's Heavenly Flash technique met each strike, his katana flashing like a white flower in the gloom. 

Heyden breathed deep, drawing on an aura of power that rushed through him. With a crack of thunder, he blitz around Adrian, raining heavy impacts that shattered the wooden walls of the dojo. They battled like gods, Adrian's blade illuminating the darkness while Heyden ripped through walls, their duel destroying the ancient building. 

Heyden grit his teeth, pouring his anger into each slash. This upstart thinks he can best me? I'll show him the meaning of true power! He feinted left and then pivoted, his short blade screaming with lightning as it sliced towards Adrian's chest.

Adrian's katana flashed up in a perfect parry, deflecting Heyden's strike. 

"Impressive," Adrian said, a hint of a smile on his face. "Your ability is dangerous. I shall name it for you - Raiton Hidden Berserk."

Heyden snarled, his pride stung by Adrian's casual tone. "Do not mock me! 

He spun into a series of complex strikes, his blade weaving an intricate web of death. Adrian flowed through each attack, his defense flawless. 

"You have trained well, but i have traveled more uncharted lands," Adrian said calmly. 

With a roar, Heyden launched himself at Adrian, only to find his blade striking the wooden floorboards where Adrian had stood a moment before. Adrian's katana rested lightly on Heyden's shoulder.

Raindrops pelted the ground like a thousand tiny daggers, carving a somber beat on the roof of the destroyed dojo.

Adrian smirked at Hayden, his sword pointed lazily at the scout's throat. "Your blade is unable to reach me. Your eyes can't follow me. How will you keep up with me?" 

 The storm outside mirrored the fury within Heyden's heart as he stood across from Adrian, his silvery hair plastered against his forehead, navy-dark eyes narrowed in angered.

Heyden gritted his teeth, gripping his sword tighter. He refused to let Adrian's words penetrate his resolve

As he lunged forward, his blade slicing through the air, Heyden tried to anticipate Adrian's movements, but it seemed futile. Adrian moved like a flashing light, slipping out of Heyden's reach with an eerie grace that left him feeling astounded. It was as if Adrian was water, flowing around Heyden's attacks while remaining untouched.

Frustration bubbled beneath Heyden's cool exterior, threatening to burst forth. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more at play here, some hidden knowledge that Adrian possessed. But what could it be?

"Is this all you've got?" Adrian smirked, twisting away from another of Heyden's slashes. "You trained so well didn't you?"

"Enough!" Heyden barked, his calm facade cracking under the pressure. "Tell me what I need to know, then! What am I missing then?"

"Ah," Adrian said, stepping back and tilting his head, studying Heyden with a newfound interest. "So you've sensed it too? The core of true power?"

"Power?" Heyden repeated, his mind racing. He had always thought that physical strength and martial prowess were the keys to victory, but Adrian's words hinted at something deeper. "What is power?" he demanded.

"An excellent question," Adrian replied cryptically, his eyes glinting with a strange intensity. "But one that isn't easily answered."

"Then try!" Heyden insisted, desperation creeping into his voice. He needed to understand if he was ever going to stand a chance against opponents like Adrian.

"Very well," Adrian conceded, his voice calm despite the chaos of the storm around them. "The art of war itself is both offensive and defensive, with counters intertwined. All actions are connected and entwined with martial ability and martial latency. Fortification and attrition are the attributes – enduring the race, strengthening oneself, and surviving through durability. These are the dynamics of war, and explaining it is not simple; it unravels into more pieces."

"Are these the three actions – offensive, defense, and counters?" Heyden asked, trying to make sense of Adrian's words.

"Much deeper than that" Adrian responded. "Latent power is more dangerous than the ability itself. What lies dormant is most feared. Awareness and adaptability are crucial. The most dangerous aspects are the unknown, completing what real power is. What is power? Talent always meets experience. Why is that?"

"Physical superiority?" Heyden ventured. "Isn't that part of martial ability, outwitting martial latency? How are the three actions connected?"

"Ah, you're asking if I contradict myself," Adrian said, a smile playing on his lips. "The art of warfare has infinite outcomes, and destiny is never set. Luck is the most powerful and fierce – luck is everything, created by engaging in battle. There was a time of a thousand years where nations were at war, and legendary warriors ended the warring period. Talent and skill bring forth the counter. In battle, we are able, dynamic and dormant ."

Heyden: "So, in context, you're saying that an experienced, well-skilled, and honed person will not beat an adaptable person who can turn anything in their favor by luck?"

Adrian replies, "Luck, but with everything backed by technique. That's why you have already lost, and you will never know victory against me."

Heyden's mind reeled as he tried to absorb Adrian's words, feeling as though he had been given a glimpse into something vast and complex – 

Rain lashed against the crumbling walls of the dojo as Adrian hurled Heyden across the courtyard. 

Heyden slammed into the wooden beams, cracking the ancient timber. He gasped, struggling for air as Adrian stalked toward him, katana glinting with blood in the flashes of lightning. 

Adrian grabbed Heyden by the neck and smashed him against the wall again. Heyden's vision swam, pain exploding across his body. He tried to pry Adrian's iron grip from his throat but his limbs felt weak and numb. 

With a snarl, Adrian drove his katana through Heyden's left arm, pinning him in place. Heyden screamed, writhing helplessly as Adrian leaned in close. "See? I told you." 

Rage boiled up inside Heyden, burning away the haze of pain. 

Summoning his strength, Heyden slammed his forehead into Adrian's nose. Cartilage crunched under the blow and Adrian staggered back with a curse, blood gushing between his fingers. 

Heyden wrenched the katana from his arm with a cry and lunged at Adrian. Their blades clashed, ringing out over the storm. Adrian blocked and parried Heyden's blows but his movements had slowed, distracted by the pain in his nose. 

Heyden pressed his attack, driving Adrian back step by step. His left arm hung limp and useless but he ignored it, focused only killing him.

Heyden, consumed by rage and overwhelmed by blood loss, collapses. The death of Haruna's father strikes a personal chord, resonating with Heyden's deep respect for his own father. Adrian, having probed into Heyden's understanding, witnesses the emotional turmoil unfold.

As Heyden succumbs to unconsciousness, Adrian gazes up at the stormy sky, mumbling to himself, "I told them if they strike at me, I would return their intent." He leaves, walking away in the tempest, leaving behind a battlefield marked by bloody death.

0