Chapter 4
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm not dead, life has just been busy lately.

I have a few chapters for QTing ready but I'm not satisfied with where the story is heading so I'm still uncertain if I should just publish and go with the flow or try rewritting everything.

Anyway, enjoy!

Despite warming up to the Tennyson family, I couldn’t not check Mrs.Ten out.

Despite being 43yo, she was fit but had some nice curves and maybe because of my mental age, she was right in my strike zone.

‘Well, considering that my strike zone was from 18 to raisins it did mean a lot but I’ll take what I get.’ I couldn’t help chuckling at my comment.

I have no intention of going after Mrs.Ten though as I want to have a friendly relationship with the Tennysons.

I didn’t have a chance to explore much of my sexuality in my last life but I’ll make sure to make up for it this time.

“Indeed, for you, young people, it might be a little too soft. Maybe we should go with a hybrid mattress with innersprings and memory foam.” Mrs.Ten stood up and started looking at other mattresses.

After another hour we were done with my shopping list and with a cart full of things. We decided to pay for everything and put them inside the car before buying our groceries. The mattress would be delivered by Malwart in the evening as we couldn’t fit it inside the minivan.

After unloading inside the minivan, we went back to buy some groceries this time.

While shopping, Mrs.Ten was actually surprised that I was buying real food and could actually cook as everything she was buying for Brandon was pre-made and he only needed to put it in the oven or microwave.

I wasn’t a great cook but I had lived alone in my past life so I knew how to do at least the basics.

After we were done, she offered to pay for my groceries. I could see she was still a bit concerned, even more so after seeing how much I spent previously.

“There is no need for it, Mrs.Ten. I can assure you.”

After finally finishing this shopping trip, I was fairly tired but Mrs.Ten looked prime and pristine like she could spend another 10 or so hours shopping.

It was already 1 p.m and I’m famished.

Since rebirth I had yet to eat. “I” had eaten a quick breakfast at the airport before embarking.

Then from leaving the airport, reporting to Stunfork and finally this shopping trip I had eaten nothing.

“Sorry to impose on you, Mrs.Ten. But can we stop by to get something to eat before heading back?”

“Oh, no problem at all. In fact, I should also grab something for Benji and Dondon as well. Are you okay with burgers?” Mrs.Ten asked while looking for a drive thru

“I’m fine with anything.”

“I thought you would have some restrictions like Dondon since you are an athlete too.” Mrs.Ten commented while following the GPS instructions.

“During the season I might restrict myself from some foods but swimmers in general don’t have too many dietary restrictions compared to other sports.” I explained and she nodded in acknowledgement.

Soon after we reached the drive thru of a burger fast food chain.

“I want two double cheeseburgers, no onions please, and two large fries, also a medium bucket of nuggets and three large colas. What about you, Ed?” Mrs.Ten finished ordering then looked at me to get what I wanted.

I put my hand on Mrs.Ten’s seat and leaned closer to the driver’s window a little over Mrs.Ten so the cashier could hear my order.

“Please put these in a different order. I want three double cheeseburgers and two portions of fries and a large cola.” After hearing the cashier confirm my order I retreated back into my seat.

Looking at Mrs.Ten, she had a slight blush and a rather uncomfortable look on her face.

“I’m sorry for intruding on your personal space, Mrs.Ten. I didn’t think at the time.” I quickly apologized as I indeed didn’t think much when doing it.

“It’s no problem, Ed. Just be more careful the next time.” Mrs.Ten let out a sigh and her face was back to normal.

Although I was a little interested in her reaction, as I didn’t expect it from a woman like her, I didn’t probe any further.

After paying and picking our order, we started heading back to Stunfork Campus.

“Are you ordering for dinner as well, Ed?” Mrs.Ten asked while we were heading back.

“Hahaha … this is just for my lunch, Mrs.Ten. I usually eat a lot.” She looked at me surprised as I had ordered as much as her.

Mind you that she was ordering enough for three people.

‘I guess I found another drawback from the body perks.’ From the memories I had of this body, I would usually eat a lot. Guess I’ll discover a few more as I progress.

At normal times I would eat twice as much as normal people but when I get hungry, especially after training, I could easily eat twice or even thrice my normal amount.

That is, when hungry, I can eat as much as 4 or 6 people’s worth of food.

Right now I was hungry, but it was just because it was past my usual meal time so I figured this amount would be enough.

I refrained from eating in the car and we were soon back to my dorm.

“Let me take yours while you move your things. I'll also have Dondon help you move them.” Mrs.Ten said while grabbing my food and going inside.

Meanwhile I started picking up the things I bought and soon Brandon arrived to help me.

“Hey, man. Good to see you came back alive.” Brandon greeted me while looking at everything inside the car.

“Damn, how much did you buy to fill the car so much?” I had indeed bought a lot.

At first I wanted to get just two sets of beddings but Mrs.Ten had me pick three and an extra set of winter beddings as well.

“Don't laugh too soon, at least a third of it is yours too.” I replied with a smug look at him.

I decided to start with the heavier stuff like the AC and in a few trips everything was inside my room.

Mr.Ten also came by to collect the groceries. 

Looking at the room it was full of bags and it would be hell to organize it later.

“Come on, my mom said to go to the dinning room after we were done. I'm famished after moving around so much.” Brandon gave me a little tap on the arm before leaving.

I followed him downstairs and the Ten couple were talking with another middle-aged couple next to them and a young woman sat at the side.

“Dondon! Ed! Come here and meet the Jackson's. Clara, their daughter, will also be your roommate.” Mrs.Ten beckoned us as soon as she saw us at the stairs.

“Oh my, are they both your sons, Mrs.Ten?” The middle-aged woman next to her asked curiously. 

“No no, the blond giant is my child, Brandon, and the even more giant next to him is Edward. Dondon and Ed met while reporting and hit it off and were even assigned the same dorm.” Mrs.Ten replied while introducing us.

I saw Brandon's crestfallen looks after hearing his mother using his pet name while introducing him and tried stifling a laughter. 

I could see Clara also suppressing her laugh when she heard his pet name.

Clara stood up to greet us and I took this opportunity to check her out. 

She was a beautiful girl with short shoulder length red hair and bright light-green eyes, she should be around 172 cm which is tall for a woman and had a slim but well defined build that didn't diminish her femininity at all, actually increasing it.

‘The administration might have grouped the athletes together.’

From her tanned skin and muscles I would guess that she was a track and field player. I just don't know from which event.

“Hi, nice to meet ya. The name is Clara O'Sullivan. My room is 202.” Clara introduced herself while extending her hand for a handshake. 

“Nice to meet you too, Clara. I'm Edward Strauss and I'm your next-door neighbor in room 201.” I shook her hand while introducing myself.

“I'm Brandon Tennyson and please forget you ever heard Dondon. Please, I beg you. I'm in room 104.” Brandon melodramatically introduced himself.

 Apparently, the O'Sullivans were about to eat too when Mr and Mrs.Ten arrived at the dinning and later decided to wait for me and Brandon.

I guess, despite being considered adults, the parents were still worried that their child would be lonely and decided to use this chance to introduce us to each other.

The O'Sullivans had ordered take out while me and the Tennysons had burgers.

As we were eating and talking casually like what teams we rooted for in the NBA or NFL.

Buy slowly I noticed them looking at me specifically.

“Is there something on my face?” I asked while taking my phone to check if I had perhaps smeared sauce on my face or clothes. 

“You must have been very hungry, Ed.” Brandon commented while the others nodded.

I just tilted my head not understanding until I looked down.

While everyone had more or less finished their food I was also finishing mine as I was done with my fries and half of my last burger.

Well, it would be normal if I alone didn't have 3 people's worth of food.

“Haha I have a super active metabolism so I have to eat more than others to keep my physique or else I end up losing muscle mass. ” I laughed awkwardly while explaining.

“In fact, during the season I would usually eat twice as much because of the high intensity training.” I complemented and could see everyone nodding as that was probably something they all had to deal with either from being athletes or family of one.

After we finished eating, the parents decided to leave ad their had to hit the road.

The Tennysons were from Sacramento so they had a long trip while the O'Sullivans were from San Francisco.

“I need to finish arranging my room.” I said remembering the mess I left upstairs.

“Ah, I'll also need to put away the extras that mom bought.” Brandon also sighed remembering he also had things left to organize.

“Want me to help you guys? I already finished organizing everything with my parents.” Clara offered to help.

Before I could answer, Brandon was faster.

“You can help Ed. He has more stuff to do.” Brandon said while climbing up the stairs.

“Well, I appreciate the help.” I initially thought of rejecting but in the end accepted. 

Clara and I climbed the stairs toward the second floor and I couldn't help checking her ass.

She had a perky behind that would jiggle on every step.

Reaching my room I took my keys and opened the door to messy hell.

“Wow, you indeed need some help.” Clara commented after looking at the mess of bags in my room.

“Let's start with the carpet as it should be the most troublesome.” I said while picking the carpet that was rolled by the door.

‘I should have picked a smaller carpet.’ I didn't think too much when picking the carpet but I would have to lift the bed and desk in order to put it on.

We decided to place the bags in the corridor to make it easier for us to put the carpet.

It was decided that I would lift the bed and desk while Clara would place the carpet underneath.

“Wow, it's so soft! Maybe I should also buy one for my room.” Clara exclaimed while unrolling the carpet and pushing the corners under the bed.

“Ed, take off your sneakers or you will dirty the carpet.” Clara said while seeing that I was about to step on it with my sneakers on.

‘Whose carpet is it anyway?’ I thought while trying to remove my sneakers and keeping the bed high and from smashing her on the head.

After kicking my sneakers off she quickly picked it up and threw it in the corridor.

‘How womanly.’ I scoffed in my mind.

Afterward she also removed hers and placed hers by the door. Once again, she PLACED HERS by the door.

As we continued arranging things it was mostly just putting my bedding sets inside the wardrobe as I was waiting for the new mattress so there was no point in putting them on the current one.

It wasn't as troublesome as I thought it would be and we made quick work of it.

0