Chapter 98: Crystal Cavern Expedition Pt 3
106 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stepped into the cave, but I immediately felt cold and felt my body get heavy as the massive golem pulled itself out of the ground. This thing was nearly twice the size of the first golem mini-boss I had fought, but I wasn't the same person.

Without warning, the golem rushed at me with its mouth open. I sidestepped its charge and slashed at its back with the Void Leech Daggers. The daggers only scratched it, but it left a shadowy back mark from my dagger's three skills.

I narrowly hopped back, but I couldn't seem to focus enough to move faster. Its movements kept changing, and my body kept feeling heavier. Finally, I scored another hit, but the golem burst with ice shards. 

I tried to evade them, but one caught me in the side. It didn't pierce me, but it left a good cut and tore my track jacket. As I got back up, I used Restore twice, and the cut and jacket healed, moving back as I did.

That injury had been minor, but if I got caught between that thing's fist and the wall or ground, I might be in serious trouble. I didn't want to test out how resilient I was, or what point Restore could bring me back from. 

I needed to think of a plan, but it looked like the golem had taken some damage from using magic. Since I wasn't doing any damage with my dagger attack, I would just have to focus on getting in a single strike. After that, I would just have to goad it into using magic. The dagger effect would not only reflect some of the damage from its own attack but also make the Golem deplete its Magical Power faster.

The issue was putting the plan in place. It was hard enough to even get in a single strike, and the Ice Field the boss was emitting seemed to be getting stronger.

As I continued to dance with the Ice Heart Elite Golem, trying to find openings to land a strike, I noticed that Misty and Daryle were watching from a safe distance. Misty seemed concerned, but Daryle wore a confident grin, likely trusting in my abilities.

I decided to change my approach. Instead of attempting direct attacks, I focused on evasion and observation. The golem's patterns became clearer, and I started to predict its movements. Timing my movements with its attacks, I managed to get closer and land a quick slash before darting away.

The golem, frustrated by my elusive maneuvers, began to use its Ice Shards ability more frequently. I used my agility to my advantage, avoiding the majority of the shards. When one managed to hit me, I immediately used Restore to heal the damage.

After a series of evasive maneuvers, I noticed the golem's magical power diminishing. The Void Leech Daggers were doing their job, siphoning away its energy with each successful hit. I pressed the advantage, landing more strikes and pushing the golem to use its abilities.

The Ice Heart Elite Golem, realizing its diminishing magical power, unleashed its Glacial Surge attack. A powerful surge of freezing water shot towards me in a straight line. I reacted quickly, using my enhanced speed to dodge the attack. As the water crashed against the cave wall, I seized the opportunity and closed the distance between us.

With a burst of speed, I slashed at the golem's legs, aiming to weaken its stability. The daggers cut through the ice with ease now in its weakened state, leaving behind the telltale shadowy marks. The golem staggered and I turned back, giving me a clear view of its glowing core on its back.

I aimed for the glowing blue crystal beside the massive crystal that jutted out of its back, and the golem roared out. My daggers pierced through the crystal, and a surge of void energy spread through the golem. The Iceheart Elite Golem convulsed as its magical power was drained by the Void Leech Daggers.

In a final effort to retaliate, the golem unleashed a Frozen Fortress, encasing itself in a protective layer of ice. I was blasted back, but the golem tried to use its Glacial Surge again, but the moment the golem tried to activate its ability, its body broke apart.

The shattered pieces of the Ice Heart Elite Golem scattered across the chamber, and the blue crystal at its core crumbled into dust. I stood there, catching my breath, feeling the energy from the defeated golem flow into the Void Leech Daggers. Misty and Daryle approached cautiously, the remnants of ice and crystals slowly melting away.

"Wow, that was amazing!" Misty exclaimed, her eyes wide with admiration. Daryle nodded in agreement.

"That was some impressive fighting. You really know how to handle yourself in a tough situation," he complimented.

I grinned, feeling a sense of accomplishment. "Thanks, but I understand what you mean about my weapon not being strong enough," I said, looking down at my daggers. that boss was a bit stronger than rare, but without my dagger's effects, they would have been useless."

"Yeah, weapons are like that, but I brought along a weapon for you to use. Mary said you didn't have anything epic rated, so I have a couple for you to pick from," Daryle explained, and my eyebrows shot up.

"Really?" I asked, feeling excited.

"Of course! You do a lot for me, so the least I can do is lend you a weapon," Daryle laughed, but then gave me a look. "Keep in mind that they don't have unique abilities, nor are they as powerful as the stuff you make. It is more about the material that they are made with."

"I will be happy with whatever," I laughed, and Daryle nodded. 

"Well, this is halfway, so let's stop and eat first, and take some time to set your skills. If there is one thing I have noticed is that you rely on your weapon and stats too much. Other than that healing skill you use, I haven't seen you use any combat skills," Daryle explained, and I nodded as I brought the lunch that was packed out of my inventory.

"That's because I don't have any yet," I laughed, and Daryle slapped his hand over his face.

"Ugh, you are impossible. Set some battle skills while you eat!" Daryle growled, throwing a wrapped sandwich at me.

2