Chapter 102: Crystal Cavern Expedition Pt 5
84 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stared at the pair of giant murder hobos, who had gone back to pacing back and forth in the cave-like nothing had happened. Just another day in the office for Harry Killer and Murder Steve. Shaking my head, I opened my stat window.


Level: 50

Physical Power: 1120

Magical Power: 1450 (+15 from Cursed Grimoire)

Agility: 880

Technical Knowledge: 1620

Arcane Insight: 1330 (+15 from Cursed Grimoire)

Resilience: 1070

[STAT POINTS: 1219]


I had a lot of skill points, but something made me feel like it was better to use them now rather than hold on to them. I had enough points to even my stats out with the first minotaur I used Identify on, so that is what I did for my power and agility at least. The last 419 I put into Resilience, and looked at my stats again


Level: 50

Physical Power: 1540

Magical Power: 1450 (+15 from Cursed Grimoire)

Agility: 1260

Technical Knowledge: 1620

Arcane Insight: 1330 (+15 from Cursed Grimoire)

Resilience: 1499

[STAT POINTS: 0]


Now my stats were looking much better, and I actually felt all the changes from the massive stat boost. My body felt lighter and more responsive. I took a deep breath and steeled myself for another attempt.

Daryle watched with a raised eyebrow as I prepared to enter the cave again. "Are you sure about this? Those Minotaur's are no joke."

"I've made some adjustments. Let's see if it makes a difference," I replied confidently.

I walked out into the cave this time, feeling nothing like I had the first time. Both minotaurs rushed me, and I summoned my daggers at the last second to deflect the first massive ax, causing the creature to stumble off to the side. The second one stopped its charge and began to circle me as the other minotaur got back up.

I felt none of the fear that had just filled me before increasing my stats. Now, part of me didn't even want to fight with weapons. That was just how casually my sense of danger viewed them now. 

Both of them tried to swing down at me with chopping motions. Each time, I deflected or kicked their blades away before they could strike the ground to try and knock me away. Every kick and defection became easier until both the minotaurs jumped back together. Both of them were panting and looked tired, but I felt good.

Rather than wait for them, I focused, putting my daggers away, and then burst forward. The minotaur tried to react, but I was too fast now. When I reached the first one, I punched it in the gut with a Material Strike.


[Veteran Minotaur Hide x1]


The minotaur flew into a walk as I turned to the other one that was still trying to turn to me. Before it could, I jumped up and slapped my hand over its left eye, activating Thunderstrike. The beast screamed out at first but then fell with me as I dropped back to the ground, unmoving.

I turned to see the other one getting up, and I rushed it. I hit it with four more Material Strikes, but only the first three got me more hide. I hit it one more time, but with a Thunderstrike, killing the minotaur. As it hit the ground, I heard clapping coming from behind me, and I turned to see Daryle clapping with Misty following behind.

"Talk about a power-up! You must have increased your stats way higher than theirs!" Daryle said sarcastically but then rolled his eyes. "I bet you didn't even have enough points to match them, but you still ended up beating them barehanded!"

"Don't be so sour. I matched their agility and strength, but I had already gotten a chance to see how they moved the first time," I said, not sure what else to say, but then felt tired suddenly. Not like I was going to pass out, but more than I had from the other fights. 

"Well, I think that should be enough for one day. It will be better for Misty if we can go through the cave again tomorrow so she can do some actual fighting." Daryle suggested, and I nodded.

"Yeah, using skills like that for the first time took a lot more out of me than I thought it would," I admitted, feeling a bit drained but satisfied with the outcome.

Misty looked at me with a mixture of surprise and curiosity. "Those skills are powerful. I didn't expect you to handle those minotaurs so easily."

Considering that I used my stat points, it felt kind of like cheating, but this was life, and I was playing for my life. Losing my leg had shown me that.

"I was able to use some points I had saved up to boost my stats. Without them, I wouldn't have gone and tried again," I explained, and Misty looked down at her leg.

"I don't know if I would have been able to go back after getting my leg cut off like that. Weren't you scared?" Misty asked, and I nodded.

"I was actually really scared, but I wasn't when I got stronger. That just told me that fear is just something that I feel because I can't protect what I want. To beat it, I just have to become the strongest," I smiled, and Misty kept looking down as Daryle ruffled her hair.

"Don't worry, it will take some time, but don't try to compare yourself to this freak. I don't think anyone is as crazy as he is!" Daryle laughed, and I scowled at him.

"I am only crazy about being lazy. I will stomp down every stone on my path to reach my peace. What is losing a leg if I can just heal it instantly? It hurt like hell, and I was scared, but whatever, no one was going to hold my hand! I have to be crazy if I want to be lazy!" I snapped and stormed out of the cave with Daryle laughing behind me.

2