Chapter 107: Instant Print
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I finally made my way back to my studio, Mary was waiting for me. She looked happy to see me, but there was also a look of shame on her face. I guessed she blamed herself for not stopping me, but it was my own fault for eating the damn thing.

"Leon," Mary started to say as I closed the door, but I put up my hand. 

"Don't bother. You don't need to feel bad. In fact, I should be the one apologizing to you for having to listen to me!" I laughed, and Mary sighed.

"You really need to grow a backbone," Mary said, shifting back to her normal tone. "None of us are so fragile that you can't tell us what is on your mind."

"I mean, Scarlet is basically a newborn with the programming to be human, so I felt like she might not want to try again if I reacted poorly," I said as I walked over and sat down, Mary taking her place behind me.

"So instead, you shat your guts out and let everyone on the island know so," Mary sighed, and I rolled my eyes.

 I opened the ISP and went for the phones. Now that I had lots of crystals, I could print out a few, but I could only fit five on the printer. They needed a six-inch space around them for many small parts that needed supports, along with the phone. 

"How do you know what all of this even means?" Mary asked her face beside mine.

"The settings are all pretty much the same as my old printing software," I explained and then pointed to the menu beside the 3d box that held the models of the phone.


  1. Quality 
  2. Walls
  3. Top/Bottom
  4. Infill
  5. Material
  6. Support

"The main difference," I continued. "Is that I don't have the same control over the layer thickness or width. I can't adjust any of the settings that deal with numerical values, but that is probably just as well. What this printer can do is light years ahead of the one I was using before."

As I was speaking, I was opening each of the settings, not really seeing much difference until I got to Infill. Last time there had just been the standard grayed-out numerical values that changed on their own depending on the print. This time, there was a pull-down menu like with the supports.


[Infill Patterns]


  1. Enchanted Matrix: This infill pattern creates a lattice of magical energy that reinforces the structural integrity of the printed object. It enhances durability and provides a mild protective aura.

  1. Quantum Mesh: Utilizing advanced quantum technology, this infill pattern creates a flexible yet sturdy mesh that adapts to external forces. It offers resilience against impact and stress.

  1. Aetherial Spirals: Infusing the object with ethereal spirals of energy, this pattern grants a subtle levitation effect. It reduces the overall weight of the printed item, making it feel lighter and more maneuverable.

  1. Nanite Weave: Infusing the object with microscopic self-replicating nanites, this infill pattern allows for dynamic adaptation and repair. Any minor damages to the printed item can be self-healed over time.

  1. Bioluminescent Mesh: Introducing bio-luminescent organisms into the infill, this pattern provides a subtle glow to the printed item. It serves both aesthetic and functional purposes, offering low-level illumination.

  1. Holographic Weave: Embedding holographic emitters in the infill, this pattern provides the object with holographic display capabilities. It can project images or information as needed.

  1. Electrochromatic Weave: Incorporating electrochromatic materials in the infill, this pattern allows the object to change color or transparency based on external stimuli or user commands.

"More options? Does your blessing ever end?" Mary asked as I scanned over each pattern option, not hearing anything she just had said.

So many amazing new options. Other people might scoff at this, or say it was all too complicated, but none of them had taken the time to learn this trade. the fact that I didn't have to mess with the layers was a godsend, and now I was just getting so many more cool options! 

Things like the Bioluminescent Mesh and Electrochromatic Weave were going to produce some breathtaking clothing. One could provide a warm glow, while the other could change color on demand, or on situation. Even something like Aetherial Spirals could help make a plate armor set more like medium armor.

"I love options!" I laughed but then hummed for a bit. 

Since I was printing phones, I wasn't sure what I should use for infill. The go-to-idea was the Holographic Weave, but that felt a bit too advanced for everyone else. This was already going to blow their socks off when they got ahold of the phones.

Considering I didn't know how durable the phones would be, I decided to go with the Nanite Weave for infill. That way, if they got broken, or dropped, they would fix themselves given enough time. I also picked Holographic Supports, thinking having the energy channels carved into them would make it easy to upgrade them in the future.

All that was left was picking the crystals. so I turned to Mary. "What kind of crystal do you want?" I asked and opened my material inventory.

Before she even looked, she kept her eyes on me and asked, "Can I pick anyone?"

I looked at the list and shrugged. "I would prefer you don't use the epic-rated one. I have a special project that I want that one for. Any other one than that you can choose."

Before looking at the list, Mary leaned in and gave me a slow and passionate kiss that made my toes curl before slowly pulling away to look at the list. It left me breathing hard with my heart pounding in my chest. By the time I had calmed down, Mary had made her choice.

"Can I have the Iceheart Crystal?" She asked, and I nodded, holding my wince back. In truth, I hadn't wanted to give up the Unique Rare Crystals either, but it was Mary. 

"Yup," I said, and turned back around, throwing some random Rare crystals in for the other four phones.

The total time for them was three days, but ain't nobody got time for that shit! I hit print, and the printer whirled to life behind us. 

Mary turned around in excitement as I stood up to walk over and join her. The drones were just flying out of the back of the printer, and the surface was folding out. Mary looked like she was about to take off as his tails all swished back and forth. I loved when she got this way, but I was about to burst her bubble.

"What to see something cool?" I asked, and Mary nodded without looking away, so I activated Instant Print.

2