Chapter 5: The Caged Inn
252 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lord Harken tried to stop us as we kept walking, but Enora didn't turn around, and I followed her. Right before we reached the second elevator to the lower city, we saw Annicri standing there, arms crossed. 

"So…"

"We aren't going back there. We are getting an inn," Enora said. 

Annicri shrugged. “I will take you down. I have a feeling you just gave Lord Harken more worcri. That's not what I'm cri about, though. I will take cri to a good inn."

"But wouldn't that just make Lord Harken angry?" I asked.

Annicri shook her beak. "Lork Harken would be more ancri at me if I didn't lead cri to an inn. Not that he is the type to get ancri. Let's go then. It is already darkcri."

We arrived at a three-story building made of silver metal. The doors were the only part that was wood. If I had to guess, the building was made of the same material as the half dome. The name also gave that feeling. The wooden plaque above the door said "Caged Inn." I could already hear noise from within.

"We are herecri. This place is the best, and," Annicri leaned forward, whispering to us, "The rooms are soundproof." 

My face went red for the hundredth that day as I tried to bury it in my hands. 

"Crikikiki. I'll see you two love birds lacri." She flew away, leaving us there. 

I yawned and looked at Enora.

"Hehe, tired?"

I nodded.

 “Let's get a room then. That way, you can get some sleep.” 

There was a commotion at the bar off to the right when we walked in.

Like I said, if you two will bicker, do it outside! You will make me and my wife lose customers!"

"But it's his fault!" 

A green bird? The girl was shorter than even my girlfriend. She looked too young to visit a bar. Her human head had leafy green hair, and her wings matched it. She also had bird feet. Her eyes were the most striking part, though. They were angled, and she had a menacing glare for a child. And the person she was fighting with was a dwarf.

"My money is on the girl!"

"You always pick her!"

"That's because she always wins!"

People had started betting on the two, which already gave the bird bartender a headache. 

"Oi lass, I told you not to interrupt my drinking,” the dwarf said. The dwarf's face was pink as he slammed a beer mug on the table. "Hey, get me another beer! What kind of place is this that would let a child—"

"Oh no, it's over for him," One of the betters said. 

I could barely keep up with what happened next. The green bird flapped her wings as she jumped into the air. Her leg twisted and impacted his head so hard he was sent flying. Enora pulled me back as the dwarf crashed through the table before us. 

"Ugh…"

The green bird wasn't done as she pounced on top of him. She was about to bring down her wing of fury before she met our eyes. Her glare could kill that dragon from before if she weren't so small. She was about eight inches shorter than my already short girlfriend, and what was with that outfit? 

"Exhib-mmm" 

My girlfriend covered my mouth just as the green girl jumped in front of us. She was hardly wearing anything. Her shorts were the most minuscule shorts I had ever seen, and her black shirt only went below her chest. If she actually had any assets, they would have been falling out.

"Vampire? And a human? Hoh." 

As soon as my girlfriend released my mouth, I opened it. "I can't believe you sent that guy flying! Why would you do that!?"

"Hmph. That buffoon owes me something that's none of your business. I'm more interested in what's going on here."

"You shouldn't be so rude. Where are your parents?" Oh no! The glare on her face suddenly became stronger, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw her foot swing up.

Her leg was caught inches from my face by Enora, who returned the girl’s glare. 

"Hoh, so now you want to play vampire?"

The green bird jumped back and readied herself, but before she could do anything—

"STOOOP!"

Another bird jumped out from behind a desk I hadn't seen before. This lady only had a human torso. She looked like a Blue Jay. 

"If you keep fighting in my damn inn, I will call the guard! By the way…" The Blue Jay woman said. She smiled like a demon at the green bird. To my amazement, the girl shrunk under her gaze. "...you are paying for that table."

"Y-yes, ma'am!"

Scary! It was easy to see who wore the pants in this establishment. 

"You…" The Blue Jay said, looking into my eyes next.

"Y-yes?"

"Were you thinking something rude just now?" 

I quickly shook my head. "I was just thinking that this is a wonderful establishment!" 

She narrowed her eyes, but her smile lightened."It is, isn't it? Welcome guests! Welcome to the Caged Inn!" 

I breathed a sigh of relief. While talking, the miniature green harpy tried to sneak away, but the innkeeper was faster as she placed a wing on her shoulder. 

"And where do you think you are going? We will talk long about your behavior, so just wait in the back for me."

"Yes, ma'am." The harpy approached the back at the door behind the innkeeper's desk. 

"Good." The innkeeper then faced her eyes of wrath towards the two birds who were placing bets. "And you two—you should be ashamed of yourselves. Take the sleeping oaf to his room!"

"Yes, ma'am!" They jumped to action right away, carrying the dwarf up the stairs. 

"Is he going to be alright?" I asked.

"He'll be fine. He won't remember a thing once he wakes up in the morning. Now then, what can I do for the new couple?"

My face flushed as I looked at Enora. Her face was red, too. "W-we would like a room. Annicri said this place is the best in the city."

"Haha! Well, she ain't lying. We are the best around. No thanks to my husband." As she looked towards the bartender, he flinched. “Since you are her friends, I will give you a free night. Also, this should pay for the trouble. Please forgive Nychibi."

"Nychibi? Is that the green one?" I asked, idly thinking that Chibi was an excellent moniker with her petite body.

"Follow me, and I will check you in." She led us to the desk with a small ledger on top. "Oh, that's right. I'm Vernie, by the way. My husband— that lousy red bird over there— is Cardy. I need your names to put in my ledger."

"Enora."

"Melle!"

"Hmm, have I heard of you before?" Vernie asked, narrowing her eyes at Enora. "I am sorry. It's rude to pry. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Our rooms are soundproof, so all the lovebirds come here."

I hid my face again, wondering if everyone was purposefully trying to embarrass us.

"Hahaha, I'm just joking. Lighten up, you two. I will have breakfast ready in the morning." 

My stomach grumbled, and I realized I hadn't eaten anything since arriving in this strange world. Everything was happening so fast. 

"Hungry?"

"She hasn't eaten. Do you have anything? If not, I can—" 

Vernie waved her wing. "I have something. Just gimme a second." She went through the door behind the desk. When she came back, she had a small bag in her hands. "There is a skewer and a poulpru in there." She said as she handed the bag over.

"Poulpru?" I asked. 

"You mean you don't know?" 

I shook my head.

"I guess they might not have them in the human kingdoms to the east. Give it a try. It's a lovely fruit that grows around these parts."

"I will! Wait, you said there are human kingdoms to the east?" 

Vernie gave me a blank stare before shaking her head. "Of course, you just go past the mountains and will be there—give or take a few kingdoms. Beware when crossing over Kalameet’s domain."

"Kalameet?" 

She sighed. "On your way here, did you not see a giant black dragon flying through?" I nodded as Vernie continued. "That dragon is Kalameet—one of the kinder ones—but still, he is careful about people passing through. You won't find a single bandit up there. Anyway, you two should get some rest. Frankly, you look beat."

I yawned again. “You're right. Thank you, Vernie."

"Hey, don't mention it. If you need to find your room, look at the keypass I gave you. The first number is the floor. I hope you can figure it out from there.”

I didn’t even notice she had given Enora the key in my tiredom. 

"Goodnight, Vernie,” I said.

"Goodnight, you two."

Once we got to the room, I asked what was on my mind. “So you are a princess?”

 "It would seem so," Enora said.

She took a seat at the edge of the large bed. It was cute how her feet dangled slightly above the floor. I sat down next to her, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"You don't have to tell me right now, " I said.

"Thank you, Melle." 

She put her hand on my thigh. I put my hand on top of hers, lightly stroking her soft hand. Even though she had short, sharp claws, her touch was gentle. I looked into her eyes as she stared back into mine. Her crimson eyes were so beautiful. 

"What's your favorite color, Enora?"

"What's this so sudden? Hmm, I'm still determining. If I had to say, maybe black. What's yours?"

 I watched her gaze at my lips as she started to inch closer. "I think my favorite color is becoming red."

"Is that so?" 

Our lips finally met as I closed my eyes. Enora’s taste was just as sweet as I remembered. She started to rub my thigh with her hand before a thud echoed in the room.

Looking towards the sound, I dropped the bag on the floor. The distraction had broken our kiss. 

"That's right, you should eat…"

"You're right…"

 I picked the bag up off the floor and set it on the small desk beside the bed, turning on the lamp.

"Is their electricity over here?"

"No, it's all magic-powered. That lamp is enchanted. The switch completes the enchantment inside, igniting the magic stone." 

I had no idea what a magic stone was, but magic was one thing I was looking forward to. "Will you tell me about magic?"

"Of course, but first, you need to eat."

I opened the bag and started eating the skewer. The meat tasted like beef, but it was a little more gamey; nonetheless, it was seasoned well, so the taste was good. The fruit was the best part of the meal, though. It was like a mango, but the consistency was a bit different. As I finished, I stared at Enora, who had begun to take off her black dress. 

Her face was rosy. "Hey, this is hard to do when you stare intently."

"I can't help it when you are so—" My heart burned for her. This sexy woman was mine, and I was seeing her in her underwear. If I were an anime character, my nose would have bled.

"It's not fair if you just look at me. Your turn."

Of course, I didn't want to sleep in a long sleeve. "Wait, are we sharing a bed?" My heart pounded harder and harder.

"There is only one bed here." She said as she came in close. 

Too close. Wait what? She had started to pull up the bottom of my shirt. "I-I can undress myself!"

"Tch. Hurry up then!" 

She sat on the bed and waited for me to undress. I was scared. Another woman had never seen this much of my body before. At least, not like this. I pulled my long sleeve off, exposing my tummy and white bra.

"White? Hmm, and they are looking more prominent now."

"Shut up!" I said, covering up my slightly larger-than-average chest. "Turn around! Or don't speak!"

"Fine." 

I unbuttoned my pants, sliding them off. "Get under the blanket quick!"

She did as I said before sliding over. Then I got under the covers faster than I had ever done anything. 

"Enora, you are a demon."

"This is coming from the demon who wouldn't stop staring at me." 

My face flushed again. "You are the one who started stripping. Though, I will admit it was a great view."

"I had a great view, myself. I still do," she said, her eyes dancing across my face. 

“You are so beautiful, Enora.”

"You're the one to talk. You have no idea how much I had to hold myself back on that couch. I still feel like I will go mad looking at your body,” Enora said. “You're thinking I was just hungry, aren't you? Well, I was hungry for your body."

"You smooth vixen,” I paused as our lips intertwined again. “Do you think we are going a little too fast?

"This is how it is for us vampires. I could tell you would be in my future from the moment we met." 

Did I feel that way, too? Who was I kidding? Myself? Every second I was with her, I fell further and further in love. But wasn't this something wrong? Were people supposed to love someone they had just met so much? 

"It's your heart," Enora said.

"What?"

"I can hear your heartbeat. Call it an instinct or whatever you want, but when we meet 'the one,' We just know. At least that's what Father said."

"Your father?" I kissed Enora on her forehead.

"Don't you want to know about it?" 

I shook my head. “You can tell me when you are ready."

"Thank you, Melle.”

13