Chapter 57: Changes in the Circuit (R18?)
123 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Night.

Entering the bed chamber, Bubai prepared to unwind after a day filled with intensive studying.

Seated on the bed, he mentally revisited the fundamental formation concepts he had diligently grasped throughout the day.

Creating an array was a far more complex process than simply transferring symbols onto a formation plate.

Each symbol possessed specific input and output locations through which Qi had to flow.

These locations were distinct for each symbol and didn't necessarily align with the four cardinal directions. Inputs and outputs could be positioned at the tip, any edge, or even in any other directions of the symbol.

To establish a functional array, the symbols needed to be arranged like interconnected pipes. This required precise alignment of each symbol's input with another's output, allowing Qi to flow through the entire formation circuit.

This complexity meant that every symbol will have to be drawn with different orientations - upside down, sideways, or even tilted at unusual angles…

Thanks to the forefathers who pioneered this path, Bubai didn't have to worry about the order and size of each symbol since he had the formation formula.

“Alas, there is no specified design. I still need to plan how to arrange the symbols on the formation plate myself. Indeed, there is more freedom in the process, but...”

The challenge lay in fitting them correctly and ensuring their interconnected order aligned with the desired outcome of looping back on itself.

Yes, the complexity of array symbols extended further. It required the imprinted symbols to eventually loop back on itself, forming a closed circuit through which Qi could cycle.

Only with this self-sufficient cycle could a set of runes truly be deemed an array.

An important component in this process was the activation symbol.

Bubai recalled the symbol vividly recorded in his memory.

This symbol played an important role in closing the formation circuit, serving as the endpoint.

It ensured a continuous flow of Qi until all of it was naturally depleted or the formation is halted.

This symbol also functioned as an adapter, adjusting the incoming Qi from external sources to match the current "voltage" of the formation circuit.

It temporarily released excess Qi as needed, allowing high-level cultivators to utilize lower-level formations without disrupting and frying the circuit due to their high-quality Qi.

Of course, there is a limit to this protection. In the end, it will still depended on the user’s mastery over their own Qi, requiring the user to exercise restraint to prevent scrapping their tools.

“No wonder high-level cultivators tend to avoid using low-level artifacts.”

Alas, this fact did little to make low-level gear any more affordable. After all, just because something was troublesome to use didn't mean it couldn't be used...

Putting aside this thought, Bubai shifted his focus to another fundamental puzzle piece firmly lodged in his memory.

“The connector symbol, designed to fill gaps between two symbols.”

This unlocked much more flexibility in the design of formation circuits, but...

“According to the description, this is included in the basics to assist beginners, but its use should be minimized to avoid formation bulkiness…”

Bubai recalled the ratios listed in the requirements of many of the formation tasks, “It seems the design must be optimized if I want to earn a living…”

Task commissioners left some leeway, but they won’t accept just any messy formation.

It was just like a senior programmer requiring clean code…

“Well, I can worry about that later. First, I need to familiarize myself with all the symbols in the formula…”

Bubai recalled myriad symbols cluttering his memory and felt a headache.

Alas, no profession can escape from a memory game while mastering the basics. Formations entailed runes. Pill refining revolved around plants. Artifact crafting involved materials…

The provided formulas and recipes were just a guide. Under the hood, there was a vast realm of knowledge that needs to be conquered.

“Well, never too late to get started...”

Just as he immersed himself in his mental review, the tranquility of the room was disrupted.

Clad in her silky robe, Xiao Lan came into the room like a fresh breeze. Silently shutting the door behind her, she turned to face Bubai with an expressionless demeanor.

Just as Bubai was about to inquire about any concerns she might have…

Her robe gracefully slipped off… laying her slender figure bare.

In mere moments, his eyes feasted on the spring scene as the slender beauty's fair legs approached him step by step.

Arriving before him, she placed her jade hand on his shoulder, gently pushing him backward while issuing a cold command in an unwavering voice. “Lay down.”

Complying with her directive, Bubai reclined onto the bed, crossing his arms behind his head.

With an impassive expression, his secretary snaked up on him...

Not long later, Bubai experienced an exhilarating sensation.

In a hoarse voice, Bubai couldn’t help but inquire, “Xiao Lan, what’s up with you today?”

From above, Xiao Lan's cold gaze bore down at him as she declared in a soft voice, “I’ve been cultivating.”

Uh, he knows. Bubai nodded, perplexed by the abrupt change in the conversation.

Sensing his confusion, Xiao Lan continued with an unwavering, cold voice, “You can cultivate with me.”

Bubai raised a brow, “We’ve discussed this. I promised you-”

Unperturbed, Xiao Lan pressed a finger to his lips, signaling for silence. “I know what you are worried about. You do not need to feed me. The Qi in the tower is enough for me.”

Woah! Such a good deal?! Bubai felt a bit excited. But what is she thinking?

Moving her hand away from his lips, Xiao Lan let it trail down to his chest, “Only when you are stronger can you help me.”

Leaning down, her face hovered above Bubai's, allowing her hot breath to tickle his lips, “So, use me. I am your toilet, and it is also my duty to be your cauldron.”

Before, Xiao Lan was willing to be his toilet, but this was different from being his furnace.

One is for pure pleasure, the other is being exploited for cultivation.

Bubai, true to his word and not wanting to violate any promises made to beguile this woman to jump onto his pirate ship, refrained from broaching the subject.

However, if she brings it up herself, then things change.

So, Bubai naturally held no reservations and unapologetically indulged in this "free meal". He wasn’t a vegetarian. She was willing to be used and he was willing to use.

Morning.

“I will recover in about two weeks.”

Hearing the declaration from the beauty standing before him, Bubai nodded before strolling over to one of the pouches containing spirit rice on the ground. He picked it up and brought it towards Xiao Lan, handing it to her, “Eat.”

Xiao Lan, however, didn't reach for the pouch, shaking her head, “You will need it.”

Unperturbed, Bubai took a firmer approach, gripping her wrist and lifting her hand to place the pouch in her palm. Staring into her eyes, he declared, “But I need you more.”

Xiao Lan bit her lip slightly, her fingers hesitating before eventually closing around the pouch. Bubai released her wrist with a smile, and the two exchanged a silent glance.

Just as a new spark of desire passed between them, Wei Yi, who was waiting on the side, intervened with a firm voice, bowing her head slightly. “Master, it’s almost time to go. You still need to wash up…”

Bubai smiled, gently stroking Xiao Lan's cheek, “I’ll head out. Take care of yourself at home.”

Receiving a silent nod of affirmation from her, Bubai then circled around her, following Wei Yi down the stairs as she chirped, “Master, time is tight so we’ll skip Wei Er today. Let Wei Yi serve you in the bath...”

4