The Meeting Ch1
421 24 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Master. The adventurers have returned.” Gerald the minotaur growled as he walked into my throne room.

 

“Ah, the blasted people have returned? How typical of them.” I grumbled as I tapped my fingers impatiently against the wooden arm of my chair. I then grabbed a hand mirror on the table placed next to me and looked at it. Instead of seeing a reflection of myself, I saw a group of four young adventurers. The mirror was enchanted to be able to see whatever my security orbs saw. I did have to swipe between views though, and because of that, I had a larger multi mirrored security room for that. This was only my personal observation mirror.

 

Back to the adventurers though. Three of them were girls. One of them looked like they were a child. Which was appalling since they had a rather revealing outfit. Then there was another mature looking girl who looked to be in her teens with some large assets… And an obscene outfit. And finally, an attractive teenage girl who gave off a home wife vibe.

 

And the one leading them was outshined. He had plain black hair, pale skin, and an edgy black outfit. And a sword to complete the look. Another one of those groups of degenerates! Why are they so popular with young folks these days!? They have no respect for honest fair beliefs and morals!

 

“It's another one of ‘those’ groups again,” I said to Gerald with obvious distaste.

 

“Yes, they are Master. Should we do the usual?” He asked me.

 

“I’m in a bad mood today. Instead of chasing out these wannabe heroes with some hellhounds, just send Mira.” I responded. This brought an expression of shock and terror to my minotaur’s face.

 

“A-are you sure master? If you send Mira, she might break their will entirely!” Gerald questioned me.

 

“Oh, I’m well aware of that old friend. Which is why I’m telling you to send her. Maybe she’ll be able to set them straight.” I confirmed. The minotaur nodded and stomped off to relay my orders.

 

I put the mirror back and leaned into my chair, sighing. When did life get so complicated I wonder? And to think that I used to just be a regular old farmer with the concern over my next harvest. Now I’m feeling nostalgic….

 

~~~~~~~~

 

(Many many years ago)

 

Ah, another hard day of honest hard work! I used the back of my hand to wipe the sweat off my forehead. I just finished plowing and planting my small plot of land with wheat seeds. Good thing too, since it was starting to get dark out, and colder. It was autumn after all. Not the most hospitable of times. But now that I finished, it's time to get out of the cold, and back inside where it’s warmer.

 

Picking up my hoe, I began to walk back to my log cabin. Upon entering the cabin, I set my hoe next to the door and went over to the stone fireplace built into the wall. I already had some firewood and kindling inside of it so all I had to do now was get it started. I gathered a sliver of mana on the tip of my forefinger and converted it into a small flame. I then used that flicker of fire to light the kindling. With the kindling now burning and spreading the flames to the rest of the firewood, I went and sat on the wooden rocking chair set up in front of it.

 

I took out a small notebook from my overalls pocket and started reading "A Dummies Guide to Farming 101" while listening to the crackling of the fire as it warmed the small cabin. Another peaceful night just reading my notebook and listening to the crackling of the fireplace. Suddenly, a heavy knocking grabbed my attention.

 

“Now who could that be?” I mumbled. A groan forced its way out of my throat as I stood up. Walking over to the door, I opened it to be greeted by the sight of three young adventurers. One of which was easily one or two heads taller than me and equipped with a massive two-handed battle axe. The other two weren’t nearly as intimidating, one of them was a young man armed with a sword and shield. Then the last person, an elf girl with a bow for a weapon.

 

“Hey, old man! Do you mind if we rest in your barn? We’ve been traveling for a long time and would appreciate it if you helped us out.” The boy asked. Just as I was about to reject their request, the boy held one finger up.

 

“Just for one night. I promise,” he added. This made me rethink my decision. It would only be for one night. What could go wrong?

 

“Alright, you can stay. But only for one night.” I decided. To this, the boy grinned and abruptly shook my hand.

 

“Thank you very much, mister! You won’t regret this, I swear.” He thanked me before turning around and gesturing for his buddies to follow him. Before they left, the giant of a man gave me a friendly nod and the elf bowed slightly before turning to follow the others. I watched as they walked away before glancing at my now sore hand. He has a surprisingly strong grip.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

(1 hour later…)

 

A loud bang echoed in my cabin followed by a stream of hushed and angry cursing.

 

“What the hell man!? We’re supposed to be doing this quietly!” A male voice scolded.

 

“I knew we should have made this idiot wait outside.” Chimed in a feminine voice.

 

“Whatever. Hey, Euria, go check if that old man is still asleep.” The previous voice ordered.

 

“And if he is?” She enquired.

 

“Kill him.” He answered.

 

I didn’t move a muscle as soft footsteps made their way towards me. The footsteps soon stopped and I heard soft breathing above me. Without warning, I flung the thin sheet covering my body onto the person above me before tackling them to the ground. The sudden attack brought a high pitch yelp as the two of us crashed to the ground. With a deft hand, I snatched the one-handed shovel propped up next to my bed, and brought it down onto the person under the sheet.

 

The cries of pain didn’t stop me as I used the blade of the shovel to repeatedly hack at the intruder. With a final swing, the whimpers of pain ceased as a bloodstain bloomed where the head would be.

 

“YOU BASTARD!” An enraged shout pulled my attention away just in time to spot the blade of a sword flying towards me. I ungracefully threw myself to the side to avoid getting cut down. A burning sting on my left shoulder told me that I managed to get away with a small nick. Looking up, I was shocked to see the young adventurer from earlier today standing above me with a sword in his hands with rage-filled hate in his eyes.

 

“I’LL KILL YOU!” He roared as he swung the sword down towards me again.

 

Hello! It's me X!!! Welcome to my new series! This chapter is, unfortunately, a cliffhanger. I hope you enjoy this first chapter!

10