Chapter 2, Arrival in a new World.
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first thing William heard was the chirping of birds and insects, along with the rustling of leaves. He once again awoke with a groan. The pain from his tumor was completely gone. He rubbed his snout with his paws. Wait, his face was longer? And he had paws!? He looked down on his body laying in the grass, finding out that he was something completely different from human. He had fur all over his body, sharp claws, a tail, and differently shaped legs. Not only that, but he realized what he was…… A werewolf.

 

He was pretty shocked. He thought about the possibility when Death said something about silver, but he hadn’t actually thought it would be real. Not only that, but he examined the new paws he had for hands. They certainly had sharp claws. He began to push himself off of the ground, only falling over moments later when he tried to stand. He really had to get used to those new legs. But he also yelped as he landed, since he landed a bit weirdly on his tail. He could still feel pain. Then he sat there, listening to the trees and birds. He hadn’t been outside in so long, stuck in that confining hospital room in that uncomfortable bed. He felt more free than he had been in a long time. But he was still shocked by the fact he had been transported to another world with a different body…….

 

Suddenly he woke up again. He had certainly fallen asleep, the soft grass just feeling so comfortable, and the ambiance of the forest just so calming. So he slowly began trying to stand again, finally managing to stand up thanks to a tree nearby, which he leaned against. His new legs were still shaky, but at least he was standing. Then he tried to take a couple shaky steps. With that, he had begun to go from tree to tree, getting better and better at walking and balancing on these legs. His new and fluffy ears did eventually pick up some noise, but it was too far to see what yet. He began to follow the noise, eventually ending up at the edge of a small clearing. In the clearing was a camp of people, but they weren’t just travelers. All sorts of medieval swords, shields, spears and bows. Some of the weapons had a shimmer to the tip of them, and it looked to be….. Silver. These were probably werewolf hunters.

 

There were also dozens of cages in the camp, filled with all kinds of creatures from this forest. He had recoiled in fear, and started stumbling back into the forest. But he got fear in his eyes as his enhanced ears picked up shouts from the camp, and the clatter of weapons. They had probably spotted him, and were now coming after him. Since he still couldn't run, he stumbled from tree to tree in an attempt to hold himself up. He was in a panic, desperate to get away from the armed humans chasing him. But since he still couldn’t walk too well, he eventually tripped and fell over. Then he heard the humans again. “There it is! I think it’s wounded! But don’t let your guard down!” And they got closer and closer.

 

Eventually the first reached him, and they drew their sword. “You’re ours now, beast!” William was still trying to get up, obviously needing to be helped by a tree again. But the human still got closer, their sword pointed straight at William. He let out an animalistic growl, still not used to his new vocal cords. Who knew if he could ever talk like he did again. He tried to hold up an arm, attempting to block. But the sword cleaved through his flesh before it got stuck in the arm bone, the silver-coated tip burning like heated metal. With a yelp and another growl, he pulled his arm free.

 

“On the ground, you mutt!” The human raised their sword for another attack. William’s arm was already healing, except for the seemingly singed part that was touched by the silver. His entire arm felt weak too. Pretty soon more of the group got near, their silver-tipped swords and spears raised. But one got too close, and William took the opportunity. Without wasting a second thought, he used his good arm to extend his claws and scratch right through the human’s flimsy leather armor, literally gutting them. Their blood spilled out, but the win was short-lived as he quickly felt pain lance through his body. One of the humans had stabbed him in the side with a silver-tipped spear. The pain made him howl, and he collapsed to the ground. 

 

Before he knew it, the humans were on top of him, holding him down. He was growling and snarling, trying to throw them off. But soon enough, he felt something heavy click around his wrists. It singed and burned his flesh, and he yelped as those silver shackles made his body feel weak. Eventually, the shackles were firmly anchored in his charred and burnt flesh, keeping his paws from even really moving.  A few seconds later, a heavy iron collar was locked shut around his neck. And suddenly, he saw the blunt side of a weapon speeding towards his face. He was knocked unconscious, and only saw blackness once again.

0