Chapter Fifty-Seven – Unfavorable Illegitimate Prince – Task World Five (3)
92 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Hol left the prince alone for a few days as he went to find a place to bury their mother. He also had some people working under him find out who could have planned this attack on the prince and their mother. 

  He also sent a message to the king about the fact the prince's mother was murdered. Even if she was cold to the king, he couldn’t help but be attracted to her. That got her killed, unfortunately.

  At the moment, the castle was getting ready for the king's return and the many wives of the king were all getting dressed up, hoping that the king would choose one of them to join him in his bed.

  Hol couldn’t hide the disgusted look in his eyes as he watched this happen. He decided he needed to be at Frederick's side. His lover always makes him feel so much better. Also, he still worried they would get attacked once again, even though the king was about to come back home.

  As he was heading to Frederick's room, someone got in his way and forced him to stop. Hol expression was neutral, but on the inside he was cursing up a storm at the person who got in his path to his lover.

  It was one of the other princes who didn’t hide the way they felt about his precious lover. He didn’t know why they stopped him and he really didn’t want to know either. He would walk past them, but he just had a feeling they would follow him to Frederick's room. 

  “Red, is it? I heard about the unfortunate situation regarding my brother. It was so horrible that they killed his mother… Especially since she was the person you were serving. Now you have to take care of such a… naïve boy.” Hol didn't like how they sounded polite, but their words were so rude. He also didn’t like how close they were getting to him, either.

  “Nothing really has changed since I served both my mistress and her son. Things will be the same, but without the mistress at her son's side. It will be hard for the prince, but I will do my best to help him.” Hol said those words and tried to walk past the unimportant prince, but they just moved in his way once again.

  “I’m sure you think that, but I’m sure you would love some rewards for doing such important work. Maybe I could give you these rewards if you just help me out with keeping a report on my dear brother.” Hol felt something being nudged into his hand and he knew it was some coins. He didn’t know if he should laugh or scoff at this attempt at a bribe.

  “It would be nice if you took back your money before I shove it down your throat and up your fucking asshole.” Hol shoved the unimportant prince out of his way and continued to Frederick's room. He felt an angry gaze on his back, but when he turned to look at the prince with a glare of his own, they quickly lower their head before walking off.

  Hol decided he should have his people working under him monitor that prince and see who their mother is. Even if their mother didn’t plan the attack, he still wanted to monitor the woman who raised such an idiot son.

  Hol put away these thoughts as soon as he arrived at Frederick's door and knocked on it softly. He heard a weak voice telling him to come in, and he slowly opened the door. His lover was in their bed with a blanket wrapped around them. He saw the food he left for them was still not eaten and this caused him to get worried.

  “Your mother would be sad to know you are starving yourself, my prince. This won’t bring her back.” Hol went to Frederick's bed and sat on the edge of the bed. He didn’t get too close to them, giving them all the space they needed.

  “What is the point of eating? What is the point of living? My mother is gone and I am alone in the world without no one to care about me.” Hol could hear his lover's voice shake as they spoke and Hol couldn’t stop himself as he wrapped his arms around them tightly.

  “I care about you… I want you to keep living. It's hard now but it will get better, I promise you it will. I will make sure that the people who killed your mother suffer a fate worse than death. I will make you become someone they can’t even lay a finger on. So don’t you think about dying, I won’t allow it.” Hol couldn’t see Frederick's face, but he could feel them shaking in his arms and a few tears hitting his arms.

  Frederick said nothing as they turned around in his arms and threw their arms around his neck. Hol said nothing and just held his lover as close as he could to his body. This felt like something he did before to someone else, but he just can’t remember who it was….


It been a while since I updated this and it was mostly because I was feeling a bit bad about my writing since I was having a hard time finding the right way to write. But then I realize if I am enjoying what I am writing then I am doing something right. I just am overthinking it and there are people who do read what I write. I will try my best to update more and I hope everyone will keep sticking with this story until I finally end it. Anyway, I hope this chapter was enjoyable and that you are safe physically and mentally. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆ (Also if you want to show me some support I have a ko-fi you get give me coffee and stuff like that.)

1