Chapter Two – The CEO Reborn Step Brother – Task World One (2)
939 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Looking at the phone like it was a threat Hol was going to ignore the call when Starie appeared on the screen again with a pout.  “Host, answer the call of the protagonist! The original Karson never ignores a single call from the protagonist so don’t you break this habit of theirs!” After saying this they disappeared and the call was answered.

  Quickly putting the phone to his ear Hol tried to calm down his racing heart and get into the character of Karson.  “Hello Terrance, you are calling rather early this morning. Did something happen?” Hol was slowly getting all the memories of Karson and realized that Terrance never called him early in the morning unless something was bothering him.

  “This is embarrassing to say but last night I was feeling stuffy in my house so I decided to drive off in a random direction in the night. I ended up at a beach and fell asleep in my car. I have no idea where I am and I forgot that I took my GPS out of my car. Can you help me get back home?”  Hol could feel his right eye twitching at what the protagonist just said to him and felt a bigger headache appear when Karson's memories showed him this was something that usually happens with Terrance. 

Rubbing his head, Hol just sighs lightly at how irresponsible the protagonist was. “I probably know where you are since the closest beach around here is like forty minutes away. I will get a ride to where you are and you can drive us back. . . If your car is still able to drive that is.” As if he could see Hol's stern expression Terrance laughed nervously.

  “Don’t worry~ I remember to turn off my car when I fell asleep.  I am not that careless Karson!” Hol ignored their defensive tone as he rolled his eyes with a smile on his face.  “Yeah right. I will be there soon to lead you back home.” After getting an okay from Terrance, Hol ended the call, and using Karson's memories called a personal family driver to take him to the beach where the protagonist was.

  As Hol waited for the driver to arrive to pick him up he decided to look through Karson's room and tried to understand his situation better. As Hol looked through the room he noticed a lot of books concerning flowers and how to take care of them. A few books about how to swoon the person you like. He also founded a picture book that was only filled with pictures of Karson and Terrance together throughout the years.

  He also noticed a piece of paper on the desk in his room that was surprisingly huge. He could fit his old apartment in this room due to how big it was.  Hol decided to look at the paper on the desk and blush when he realized it was a love letter. It wasn’t finished and had a lot of erasing marks on it.

  ‘It seems like Karson was working on a love letter for Terrance. He liked him so much. I’m worried I won’t like him at all and end up failing this mission . . . I don’t want my soul to be torture until the end of time~’  Hol blink away the tears that were appearing in his eyes when he remembers what would happen if he doesn’t complete the wish of the original soul.

After Hol was done looking through the room he decided to change out of the rather expensive-looking sleeping clothes he was in and change into something more appropriate. As Hol opened the walk-in closet he felt out of place when he saw a lot of dark color vintage-style clothing in the closet.  

  Hol was standing there not knowing what he should wear and decided to use the help of Karson's memories.  He liked to go for plain button-up shirts with a vest and gabardine pants with dark color socks covered by leather boots.  After looking in the mirror that was in the closet Hol felt pleased with how he looked.

  “Wow~ Host looks so handsome! This system got a handsome Host! I am so lucky.”  Starie appeared in the mirror as Hol was checking himself out. Hol wasn’t going to be humble about his looks. He did look so handsome in the clothing he was wearing.

  After a few more minutes of checking himself out in the mirror, the personal driver called him again and told him that he was here. Finally leaving his huge bedroom Hol felt even more shocked at how huge the house was. ‘This isn’t even his family home! This is Karson's own house! Who needs such a huge ass home!’  

  Even though Hol was freaking out on the inside due to how rich Karson was, his expression was completely calm on the outside making sure to greet servants as he made his way to the front door of his house.  At the door, he saw an older woman in a suit with a serious expression on her face. Looking through his memories he learned that it was his maid who was with him from childhood. 

  Standing tall with a stocky build and looking at him with sharp brown eyes, Hol felt a bit nervous but relaxed once he remembered that she just had a resting pissed-off look. Her long brown twisted hair that was in a ponytail was nice with her bronze skin.  He finally noticed that she was holding a gray trench coat in her hand.

  Walking behind him quickly Hol raised his arms as she helped him put on the coat. “Young master it is rather chilly outside so make sure you cover yourself. You can’t be getting sick. Also, the delivery of the new batches of flowers had just arrived and was sent to your shop.”  As she was talking she wrapped a scarf around Hol's neck making sure it was fully covering him.

  “Thank you, Lennon. I won’t be outside for a long time so there is no need to worry about me getting sick. The person who may be getting sick is that foolish friend of mine.” Lennon had a small smile on her face when she saw the annoyed look on his face when he talked about the protagonist. 

  As Hol was about to open the door he was stopped again by Lennon who somehow got something else in her hands. ‘Are all maids like her or is she just really quick?’  Hol was amazed by how quick she was but made sure not to show it on his face.  She ended up giving the box to him and he could smell a delicious sweet smell coming from it.   

  “Don’t forget the danish pastry you made last night for Terrance.  I’m sure he will love it. Also, I made sure to put coffee in the car for you and Terrance.”  After she was done with everything she needed to do Lennon gave him a quick bow before she left to do something else in the house.

  Hol was amazed to learn that the original Karson was able to bake and wanted to look at the pastry he made but realize he was taking a bit too long. After getting the key to his house with the help of Karson's memories, Hol finally left his house and went to the car that was waiting for him outside.

As Hol got in the car and greeted the driver who started to drive towards the beach, he was going through more of Karson's memories to understand him even more.  Karson's parents were people who came from rich families. Their marriage was arranged by their parents but they did end up falling in love with each other.

  Karson is an only child so he was pampered by his parents a lot. He did feel lonely often when he was younger but it changed when he met the protagonist at his sixth birthday party.  He remembered that the protagonist was trying to eat a piece of the cake before it was time. Terrance ended up forcing him to eat some of the cake with him to make him an accomplice.  That was how they ended up becoming the best of friends and how Karson fell in love for the first time.

  Hol was kind of confused that he couldn’t remember how the protagonist looked like but he could remember how other people looked like.  ‘Well, he will be able to recognize me so I don’t have to worry about that.’  After driving for a while with him drinking from his coffee Hol finally arrived at the beach the protagonist was at.

  Getting the coffees and the box filled with the pastry Hol said goodbye to the driver who drove away when he was completely out of the car.  Looking around the beach trying to see if he could find someone Hol heard someone call his name and look in the direction of the voice.

  When he saw the person who called him Hol felt his heart begin beating super fast and his ears getting hot. Walking toward Hol was a tall muscular man with piercing brown eyes that made Hol's breathing get difficult.  The sun made the man's light skin glow in the sunlight making them look like an angel who came from heaven. Their messy curly cropped brown hair just added more to their look.

  “Karson! I was getting bored waiting for you! I was going to just leave in a few minutes if you didn’t show up.  But here you are! You even have coffee and food for me. You are the best!” The man who could be a fallen angel turns out to be the protagonist.  Hol was freaking out on the inside due to how attractive they were. 

  “Terrance, the fact you couldn’t figure out how to get back home by yourself is so disappointing.  Let's get in your car so we can get you back home already.” Trying to keep a calm expression, Hol walked towards the only car at the beach with Terrance behind him eating the pastry from the box.

  Even though his expression was calm and indifferent, Hol was dying on the inside as he thought about being in the car alone with this handsome man. ‘I can see how Karson fell in love with him at first sight! This guy is my type. But how the hell am I going to confess to this man? He is too attractive for me!’ 

  Hol thoughts were racing as he got in the car with Terrance and was messing around with the seatbelt when Terrance said his name causing him to look at them confused but froze when Terrance put a half-bitten pastry in his mouth with a smirk on their face. “Keep it down Karson I can hear your loud thoughts. Just relax and give me directions to get back home.” 

  Seeing them lick their finger clean, Hol felt something inside of him grow hot. Looking straight ahead and trying not to show anything on his face, Hol just hummed at what they said and just started to give them directions to get back home.

  ‘. . .I think I am getting a boner right now. . .’ Hol closed his legs tightly together as he tried not to think about how attractive the protagonist was. This first mission of his will be so hard for him both physically and mentally.  ‘Fuck. I hope I don’t keep getting boners whenever I am near the protagonist’  

 As Hol was struggling with calming down his boner he didn’t notice that Terrance was looking at him with a strange emotion in their eyes that was a mixture of happiness, anger, sadness, and love. But it quickly disappeared which left Terrance with a dazed look of confusion on their face as they drove home.


Well I finally got a chapter done for this which is awesome. I will probably have a new one by Sunday if I pace myself right. Well, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and that you are doing okay. Bye Bye for now (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

38