Chapter Five – The CEO Reborn Step Brother – Task World One (5)
723 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Hol was in a pent-up daze as he was driven home by a happy Terrance. Once he finally arrived home he went to quickly get out of the car but his arm was grabbed by Terrance who pulled him close.  They didn’t go for his lips as expected but instead went for his neck biting it lightly.

 Hol could feel his “problem” getting worse so he quickly backed away from a smiling Terrance and slammed the car door close as he quickly went into his home.  There wasn’t anyone in his house currently which was normal since Karson didn’t feel comfortable with having the people work for him live in his home with him.

  Hol quickly went to his bedroom and closed the door behind him. He was pacing back and forth in the room trying to calm down. He took his phone out and waited for his system to appear. When Starie appeared they were giving Hol a cheeky look which caused Hol to quickly heat up.

 “Quit giving me that look! I have to ask you something important. Did I end up completing Karson's wish? I mean Terrance does know his feelings so that does count right?” Starie stops giving him a cheeky look and gave him a look that was saying “Are you stupid?” which causes Hol to glare at the small person on his phone.

 “The Host didn’t complete the wish at all! He has to tell Terrance his feelings directly not indirectly! So why didn’t Host just get it over with and tell Terrance you like him? You would have gotten points already!” Starie was waving their finger at Hol like he did something bad and Hol could only frown.

 “I feel like I am lying to him since I am not Karson. I feel kind of guilty about it if I am being honest with you. I mean how do I know the feelings I have for him aren’t just the original feelings for Terrance.” Hol couldn’t help but get depressed as he said this feeling like maybe the feelings he has for Terrance weren’t genuine. Starie looked at Hol for a while before disappearing from the phone screen which made Hol shocked at this.

  As he was going to call Starie back he felt something move against his legs causing him to let out a scream. When he looked down he saw a fox that had black fur and bright blue eyes. The fox climbed onto Hol and rub against his neck. ‘Host don’t worry about it. I can tell you that what you are doing isn’t bad and I can tell that you do like Terrance but if the Host wants to wait until he is sure about his feelings then this System will be fine with it. There isn’t a time limit on the tasks so you can take as long as you want. 

  Hol felt his heart grow warm and he grabbed the fox version of Starie who gave him a cute expression as Hol held them in front of him. Bringing them close, Hol kissed the fox on the head in thanks for making him feel better. Hol wanted to shower and change into his sleeping clothes but realize there was something else he wanted Starie for.

  “Hey, I need you to record Caleb whenever he is doing something that will affect Terrance. Also, record every conversation he has with Racheal especially if it is something that could cause the police to get involved with Terrance. Caleb isn’t allowed to have a chance to mess with Terrance at all.” Starie raised a paw in understanding before the disappeared from Hol's hands in a cloud of dust of stars.

  Hol went into the bathroom connected to his room to take a bath that he was in until the water grew cold. Once he got out of the bathroom and changed into his sleeping clothes he went to check his phone to see if Starie gave him anything but felt his face grow hot once he saw a text message from Terrance.

 ‘I miss you already and I hope you miss me too. Let's eat breakfast together in the morning. It can be in your place. Good night Karson. I will get my kisses in tomorrow as well (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ~’ Hol felt his heart was beating fast at what he just read and didn’t know what to say to Terrance. In Hol's life, he could never find someone to date. It always felt like the people who were interested in him wasn’t the right one. This unfortunately gave people the impression he was a cold person. 

  Hol didn’t want to mess up anything with Terrance due to his very limited experience in a relationship. The only thing Hol ever did that was intimate was kissing which always made Hol feel empty inside. Hol realized he should probably send Terrance a reply but so he decided to send him a middle finger emoji which caused Terrance to send him back a crying emoji.

  Hol put his phone on the charger and went to bed having a dream that had Terrance in it but their appearance kept getting mixed with someone else that Hol felt was super familiar to him. They were smiling at him, holding out a hand toward him. Hol tried to grab the hand but it felt like it was moving away from him. As Hol was sleeping dreaming about this blurry person in his bed, Caleb was currently planning how to mess with Terrance and make people lose trust in them.

  From Caleb's memories, he remembers that in a few weeks there will be a big business meeting that has very important business partners there who Terrance has to make a successful business deal with.

  Caleb can’t let them get the deal with those business partners! He has to figure out a way to mess up their reputation before the meeting happens. He remembered that he had the backing of Racheal who could help out with messing with Terrance's reputation. 

  He quickly sent out a message to her asking to meet up to plan tomorrow. During this life of his everything that Terrance manages to accomplish will be his.  He wants to be the one who has so much money and the respect of everyone. Terrance doesn’t deserve it at all. 

 He couldn’t understand how Terrance's luck was always so good. They always had the best grades, great looks, and had a bunch of women fighting for their attention. They were someone who would wander off whenever they felt like it. They didn’t care about how important they were which caused Caleb to hate them even more.

  ‘I will make him reach so low in this life that no matter what happens he will never be able to climb back up. I am going to be the winner this time no matter what. Even if it means I will have to kill people to get to my goal.’ Caleb was biting at his lip so hard that it started to bleed but he just ignored the pain too lost in the hate he had for Terrance.


Well here is another chapter for this story. I don't know how many chapters I will have for this task world but I know I don't want it to be too long or too short. I hope people are enjoying it and something like that! Anyway, this is it for now! Bye-bye for now (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

31