Chapter Six – The CEO Reborn Step Brother – Task World One (6)
656 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hol woke up to knocking on his bedroom door. Hol was confused due to the knocking and thought someone broke into his apartment. Until Hol remembers that he died and bonds with a system that gives him tasks to prevent worlds from being destroyed. Hol realizes he should probably get used to this or his time doing tasks will be hard and long.

  Getting up from his bed lazily, Hol went to his bedroom door and was greeted by Lennon who still had a serious expression on her face. “Good morning Karson, sorry for waking you up but I wanted to tell you that your parents will be returning from their business today. They will probably be home after your shop closes for the day.” Hol tried to keep his surprise off his face as he nodded his head at Lennon who then left.

  Hol closed his bedroom door and collapsed on the ground with a nervous expression on his face. ‘God damn it! Why are Karson's parents coming home today?! This is bad for me, so bad! Karson always visits his parents after they come home from a long business trip. But I am worried I will act differently around his parents. Karson was close to his parents and I can’t risk messing up with them!’ 

  Hol was screaming internally as he covered his face with his hands. He was going to roll on the floor when he heard his phone ring, telling him that he got a new message. Taking his hands from his face and getting off the ground he went to grab his phone.

  Hol saw a message from Terrance that was just a kissing emoji and winking face emoji. Hol's nervous expression slowly disappeared off his face, getting replaced with a small smile. ‘Okay, I can’t be worrying about small things right now. I have to focus on the task.  I can’t let this world be destroyed because of someone's greed.’

  Hol went from being nervous to relaxed in a span of a few minutes.  Nodding his head seriously with a smile on his face he went to his closet to get dressed for today.  He decided to go for a simple black vest with a checkered buttoned-up shirt under it and gray gabardine pants with black socks and black leather shoes.

  Looking at himself in the mirror satisfied, he went out of his bedroom and went downstairs to his dining room where it was covered with breakfast for him. Hol wanted to drool at the sight of the food on the table but he held himself back since Karson wouldn’t react that way at all. 

  After finishing up the delicious breakfast made for him and thanking the person who made it for him, Hol went and grabbed his coat from Lennon before leaving his home. Waiting for him outside was his usual driver who always took Karson to work.

  As Hol was sitting in the car he decided to see if Starie got anything for him. Starie appeared on the phone wearing a Sherlock Holmes costume and gave him a wink before showing him all the stuff they collected on Caleb. Most of them were just payments of Caleb hiring people to send false information about Terrance to new media and others were about sending payments to the hacker that Caleb hired to steal anything from Terrance that seemed important. 

  ‘Starie, I need you to make a backup of everything important to Terrance's job and to send a virus to the hacker whenever they steal some type of information from Terrance. Make things hard for them. Like really hard.’ After hearing Hol's request, Starie gave him a salute before they disappeared from his phone screen. Feeling satisfied with what he just got, Hol was about to put his phone away when he got another message from Terrance.

 “Why are you ignoring my message ╥﹏╥. I am going to die from loneliness here Karson! Send me love, please (〃 ̄ω ̄〃)ゞ” Hol raised an eyebrow at how funny Terrance was acting. He couldn’t understand how someone who looked like Terrance could act this way. ‘He is so cute. . . Ugh, my heart is beating so fast and now my face is getting warm.’

 Hol rubs at his face trying to cool it down and try to decrease how fast his heart was going. After being sure he was okay now he decided to reply to Terrance, making sure to keep his writing similar to Karson. “Calm down, I was busy getting ready for today. And shouldn’t you be at work right now? You go to work way earlier than me.”  

 “I am bored at work ╮( ꒪౪꒪)╭ Also I did everything important for the company. So how about me and you spend time together today? I wanna get my kisses from you today (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ” Hol face got hot quickly again and he tried his best not to make his expression grow strange as he read Terrance shameless message. Hol bit the inside of his cheeks as he looked at the message that was causing him to react so nervously at the moment.

  “No, I have to focus on work and after my work is done I will have to visit my parents. Also, we haven’t determined our relationship yet so we won’t be having any more kisses! So don’t you dare try to get kisses from me!” After Hol sent that he was quickly sent back many messages of Terrance sending him crying emojis which he just ignored as he put his phone away and looked out the window of the car.

  When he finally arrived at his job he thanked the driver before he went in. After getting used to how things worked yesterday Hol was doing a fine job with keeping everything flowing in the shop. Hol had to give credit to Karson for running this flower shop so well. He didn’t know there was more to just selling flowers. He had to keep track of shipments of flowers, orders of flowers for different events, and he had to check on the wages so he could be able to pay the people who were working for him. 

  After what felt like forever it was finally closing time for the flower shop. The only ones left in the shop were him and Carol. It was nice and quiet between them before Carol broke the silence with something that almost caused Hol to trip.

  “So you and Terrance kiss, right?”  Carol was helping him organize stuff in the back. She didn’t look up from the clipboard she was currently writing on. Her expression was one of indifference, like what she just asked wasn’t shocking.

  “. . . I don’t know what you are talking about. We just talk about issues concerning us and nothing beyond that.” Hol didn’t look at Carol fearing that she would see something on his face that would show her he was without a doubt lying to her. 

  “I never thought I would see the day where Karson would lie to me. I guess love changes people, doesn’t it?” Carol gave him a look that said “I know you are lying to me” which caused Hol to lower his head embarrassed he was found out.

 “So, are you guys finally dating each other? I hope so because I couldn’t handle your drunk talk about how much you love him any longer.”  Hol felt his face get hot as he saw in Karson's memories how whenever he got drunk he would talk about how much he loved and wanted Terrance to Carol and Lennon.

  “. . .We haven’t made it an official relationship. I don’t want to rush into it and unintentionally cause him problems. He is a CEO and a pretty famous one at that. I don’t want to do anything to cause damage to his reputation.” As soon as Hol said that he felt something hit his head. Looking behind him, Hol saw Carol with her arms crossed and missing a pen while giving him a disapproving look like a mother would give to her child for lying.

 “Wow, so you give a damn about what people care? Forget that shit. People will always find shit to hate on him. So quit pushing back on what you want. They aren’t going to be the ones in the relationship. You are the ones who will be in the relationship.” Carol walked toward him to pick up the pen she threw at him and decided to hit him on the head with the clipboard as well just to get her point across to him.

  “Well, I am done with the shit I had to do and Lennon is here waiting for me outside. So I am leaving now. You better be honest with what you want or else I will kick your ass. I will do it even if you are my boss.”  After she said everything she wanted to say Carol got her coat that was in the room and left.  Hol was just there feeling lost at what just happened to him.

 ‘Ugh, I do want to get it over with and complete Karson's wish but what if I don’t like Terrance? What if I just like the way he looks? This is too much for me right now!’ Hol messed up his hair with a frustrated look on his face as he tried to figure out what he should do. Starie said he had all the time in the world to complete what Karson wanted but he still felt he should just get it over with.

 ‘Okay, I will decide what I need to do after I meet with Karson's parents. Maybe I will find my answer with them since parents usually know what is best. Usually.’ After deciding to go with that, Hol finished up with closing up the shop. After he was done he took out his phone to see if anything new appeared on his phone concerning Caleb and raised an eyebrow in surprise at a video of a meeting between Caleb and Racheal.

  Hol wanted to watch it right away but he realized it was something for later at home. After putting away his phone, Hol went outside to see his driver waiting for him in the car. Going into the car Hol tried to calm down his heart that was beating fast due to the nervousness of meeting Karson's parents soon.

  ‘Okay Hol, make sure not to do anything that will cause Karson's parents to be suspicious about you. Just act like how Karson would usually act with his parents. That's all you have to do.’ After pumping himself up, Hol managed to calm down his heart and get rid of his nervousness. After a few minutes of driving, Hol finally arrived at Karson's parent's home.

  After getting out of the car, Hol tried not to drop his jaw in shock at how huge Karson's parents' house was. Hol thought he was going to be okay after dealing with Karson's house but his parent's house just seemed even bigger than his. ‘Ah. . . I am nervous again about meeting with Karson's parents. They have to be really serious and elegant people.’

  After he thought that the door to Karson's parent house was open and standing in the entrance was a short but muscular woman with dark skin. Her long black hair was in a messy ponytail and she was looking at Hol with warm brown eyes.  The woman quickly ran toward Hol and when she was close enough to him, she lifted him in a tight hug.

  “My baby boy is here! Your mommy missed you so much! Let me see if anything changed about you.” The woman who turned out to be Karson's mother put him down and grabbed his face moving it all around to see if there was anything off about him.

 “I didn’t want to be gone for so long but you know how business is. There is always something else that has to be dealt with. But I am back now and I get to see my precious son. Now quit standing outside like a stranger and come inside. Your father missed you as well.” After letting go of his face, Karson's mother grabbed him back in her hand and pulled him along into the house. Hol's mind was trying to catch up with how different she was from how Hol pictured her. 

 ‘I am surprised that Karson had such a muscular-looking mother. I am kind of curious about how his father looks. I don’t know if I should be concerned or not.’ Hol followed after Karson's mother who was currently talking about different things that happened during the business trip and all the gifts she brought back for him. Hol felt his heart grow warm at how kind she was and how warm her hand felt in his.


It's been a while since I updated this story and mostly because I was having trouble with working my brain right and being totally into a bunch of random stuff. Hopefully, I will be back to updating this story more, and not after a couple of weeks. I hope that everyone is doing okay during this time and healthy. Well that is it, for now, bye-bye(*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

23