Chapter Seventeen – End Of The World Savior – Task World Two (3)
353 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ride to the base was filled with questions that were either coming from Ann or Bret to Ira that were answered quickly and seriously. Bret was looking at the back of Ira's head with interest and Ann noticed that with a frown on her face.

  He never looked at her like that before. Only giving her glares and indifferent looks. After treating him so nicely he always treats her like dirt. But the moment this new person shows up his personality is different. It's bullshit and she hates it. Ann bit her tongue until she tasted blood but it didn’t bother her since she was too mad at Bret's interest in Ira.

  Hol slowed the car down when he noticed a place that was surrounded by huge walls and had a few people in front of it and guarding the entrance. Hol stopped the car when he was only a few feet away from the entrance. He gently shook awake Rubin who fell asleep during the ride.

  “Okay, we are here now. Now make sure you brats have everything. I can’t deal with you bothering me and telling me you left something in my car.” Hol looked indifferently at the two people in the back of the car and got out of the car. He went to the trunk and got out the things that were in the trunk.

  “My name is still not brat, it's Bret.” Bret felt annoyed that Ira wouldn't call him by his name. If he would have called the annoying girl by her name he would have been even more pissed but it seems like Ira didn’t like her all that much. He can’t wait for the day that he gets called by his name by Ira.

  “Bret, Brat. What is the difference? Just one letter and they are the same.” Hol closed the trunk and carried the bags to the entrance of the base. His son was following behind him nervously, holding tightly to the stuffed bunny they got from the mall.

   When Hol got to the entrance he was stopped by the people who were in front of it. Bret went up to them and took them off to the side so they could talk to them for a bit. Ann was near Bret still and Hol could see that she was looking at him with killing intent in her eyes already.

  ‘Annoying. She thinks that just because she got into this book, the male lead has to be her lover and that he can’t be close to anyone else but her? Why is she even trying to make him fall in love with her during serious times? She knows that she can be killed in this place.’ Hol eyes looked back at her coldly and Ann just looked to the ground with a pale face. She really shouldn’t give Hol a dark look and not handle it when he gives her one back. But this body is really good at just giving a cold look. Hol is liking it.

  “U-Um… Ira? S-Should I tell them about my h-healing ability? A-And that other t-thing?” Rubin looked up nervously to his dad but looked back down at his feet when he made eye contact with them. He just feels like his dad is just taking care of him because they have to not because they want to…

  “You can tell them about your healing ability. But that other thing is staying a secret. Unless I can trust them don’t even bring it up. You never know who people truly are…” Hol could feel the original emotions of the body owner when he remembered the death of his son. He had to figure out a way to find a cure for the virus where it doesn’t involve Rubin getting involved in it at all or getting hurt.

  Rubin just nodded his head seriously at that and nervously moved closer to his dad. He felt happy when his dad didn’t push him away when he leaned his head against his leg. His dad has been a bit different during these few days but he was happy with it. His father usually was so cold and did not talk to him most of the time. But his dad is acting so kind that he is concern that he is in a dream... 

  As Hol was bonding with Rubin, Bret came back over with their usual serious expression on their face. When Bret motioned for him to follow them, Hol pushed Rubin forward a bit so he could start walking. Hol walked through the entrance for the base and he saw countless people who were walking through the base.

  “You have to register into this base so that you can do missions. Since you don’t have a place to stay you can come to my home. As a way to say thank you for saving me.” Bret felt happy that his house was so big. He could be able to live with Ira. It would be a bit hard to be romantic with them because of their son but he will show Ira that he was someone that they could trust and fall in love with.

  “If you are offering then I have no problem with it.” This was helpful for Hol to keep an eye on this world protagonist. He had a feeling that the fan wouldn’t just stop doing things so he had to make sure he was close to the protagonist.

  “Are you sure that is a good idea? He is still a stranger, Bret. You really shouldn’t just be letting anyone live with you. What if he tries something?” Ann had the appearance of someone worried about her friend's safety but on the inside, she was mad that Bret was offering this stranger to live in his home when he doesn’t even allow her to come over to his home! It fucking bullshit!

  “Is this my business or yours? Why are you still here anyway? We are done with our missions so you can go back home now.” Bret felt annoyed when Ann said that. What if Ira gets mad and changes their mind? She really shouldn’t say anything.

  Ann tried not to get mad in front of Bret and just gave him what she hoped was a cute smile before she turned to leave. She walked away from the group of three people and the smile on her face disappeared and then grew cold.

 ‘Why the fuck is he so hard to deal with! In the book, he was so sweet to the female lead but he just treats me so horribly! Why can’t I have a sweet romance with him like the female lead? She is not here anymore so it should be me!’ Ann's expression grew slightly insane as she thought about Bret's cold attitude towards her. She wasn’t going to stop until he was either hers or dead.

  “I will take you to the place to get registered.” Bret didn’t care about Ann leaving and continued to walk to the place to get Ira register in the base. If he gets registered then he could do missions with him. He could also impress them with his skills! Just thinking of Ira praising Bret caused his heartbeat to increase.

  They arrived at the place to get registered into the building and Hol was told to test what level his wind ability was at. Hol went along with it and tried not to show anything on his face when his ability was shown to be an S class. He didn’t think he would be on the same level as the protagonist. This body is so strong! Hol never thought he could be this strong since in his old life he was weak as fuck with bad knees even though he was in his early twenties. 

  Hol was kind of surprised that Rubin's ability was an A+ class. He has a rather powerful son and if he could remember Ann should only be a B class. This means that Rubin is more helpful to the protagonist but it, unfortunately, means they will have to come with him to do missions as well.

  When they left the place Bret started to lead them to his home. Hol noticed that many people greeted Bret as they walked through the base. From what Hol could see, Bret was popular with everyone inside the base. I guess this is the protagonist's luck or something along that line.

 They finally arrived at a house that looked bigger than the rest of the other houses. Bret walked into the house and Hol followed behind them. When Hol got into the house he tried not to cough at how dusty it was.

  “Do you even stay here? Why is it so dusty?” Hol was covering his mouth as he said this. The house didn’t look dirty but it didn’t look like it was lived in either. He didn’t think a house could be this dusty. He looked down worried at Rubin who was coughing a bit more badly than Hol. He put down all of the bags he was carrying and lifted Rubin, putting their face into his shirt to avoid the dusty air.

  “Sorry, I am usually doing other stuff and sleeping somewhere else. I don’t often come back home a lot. I guess I should clean this place up a bit…” Bret felt embarrassed at how much Ira was coughing due to how dusty his home was. He regrets never just cleaning his home when he had the time to.

  “You need to clean this house more if we are going to be staying with you because I don’t want my son to cough all the time.” Hol was rubbing at the back of Rubin who coughing fit was slowly going away.

  “Yeah… Let me show you guys to your room.” Bret didn’t want to stay on this topic anymore, so he decided to show them to their room. He should probably clean the house when they were sleeping…

  Hol followed after Bret, leaving the bags of their stuff behind so he could deal with it later. Bret showed them to a room that had a bed in it. It wasn’t as dusty which Hol was thankful for. Rubin let out a yawn from his arms and Hol realized they were probably tired. Hol did want them to sleep but he had to talk to them first.

  “I’m going to put my son to sleep so it may be a while. I will see you in a bit.” Hol indirectly told Bret he wanted to be alone with Rubin and Bret managed to get the hint and left them in the room alone together.

  “Rubin, I am going to teach you to fight. You are a special case with that secret of yours and I don’t want a lot of people to learn about it. Also with your healing ability, you will be useful in missions but I can’t always be protecting you. I know this is something scary but I don’t want anything bad happening to you.” Hol could feel like this was something the original Ira wanted to tell his son but didn’t know how to. He did love his son but he wasn’t good at showing it. Hol will try his best to get it through to Rubin for Ira.

  “...I-I understand dad… I-I want to b-be strong like y-you! I don’t want to hold you back.” Rubin felt his face grow warm when he finally called Ira dad. He only did that in his head but he felt it was more personal when he finally said it out in the open.

  “...Even though I don’t say it I do love you. Just always know that.” Hol hugged Rubin close to him as he told him this. Hol's heart got tight when Rubin called him dad and he assumed it was Ira's original leftover feelings. His son never called him dad but now they did. Hol would make sure nothing happens to them.

  “Okay, now go to sleep. I will wake you up to eat later.” Hol covered Rubin with the bed blanket and got up to leave. Rubin looked at him with happy eyes before they finally closed them. They were sleeping right away after a few seconds pass.

  Hol left the room and made sure to close the door quietly. He went through the house to look for Bret who he found in a place he assumed was the kitchen. They were sitting at the table drinking something from a mug.  Bret gave him a nod when they noticed him entering the room.

  “Would you like some tea? I only have mint tea.” Bret needed to improve the stuff he has in his home. He wants Ira to feel welcome in this place and get comfortable with him. Making someone fall in love with you is hard. Especially someone who is so cold like Ira and has a kid.

  “I’m fine with no tea. I am curious why you allow us to stay with you. Aren’t you worried I may try to harm you?” Hol was curious as to why Bret was so quick to allow him to stay with them. They could have arranged a place for them to stay instead of letting them stay in their home. Just because Hol helped them doesn’t mean he is a good person.

  “You could have killed me when you met me before or when we were in the car together but you didn’t. I am just showing you I am thankful for the help.” Bret said that but he didn’t care if Ira did try anything to him. He just can’t get rid of this feeling in his heart whenever he looks at Ira. He just wants to be near them and never leave their side.

  “What a trusting brat you are… You should be careful who you allow close to you…” Hol got closer to a sitting Bret and trapped them in their seat. Hol looked down at Bret whose ears were slowly getting red. Hol leans in close and whispers in Bret's ear in a low voice.

  “You never know what they may do…” Hol then backs away from Bret and flick at their forehead. Hol tried not to laugh at the expression on Bret's face as he left the kitchen to go pick up the bags he left behind before.

  Bret was left alone in his kitchen as he watched Ira walk away. His face felt super hot and his heart was beating so fast. He had to put his mug down so he wouldn’t sip hot tea on himself. He put a hand to the ear that Ira whispered in before and he tried not to let out a sound as his stomach did a twist.

  ‘So… fucking… hot! He also got such a good-looking ass… Fuck… I am hard right now…’ Bret let out a groan when he felt his pants grow tighter. This will be a hard time for him as he lived with Ira. He hopes he doesn’t just try to kiss them because of these intense feelings of his.


Well, I got this done. I manage to finish it on time! I was kind of worry I wouldn't get it done because I was playing an otome game and the route I was on was pissing me the hell off (There is a limit to how much an asshole a love interest can be just for a plan to work...). Also, I don't know how a good father and child relationship is like so I hope it seems natural (Me and my father issues (πーπ)....). Well, this is it for the update! I do hope this chapter was enjoyable and that everyone is healthy and safe. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

15