Chapter Twenty-Seven – End Of The World Savior – Task World Two (End)
284 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few months of testing, the researcher of the base got a cure to fight against the zombie virus. Hol was a hero because of the sample he gave for the cure to happen. He thought little about it because this meant he didn’t have to worry about Rubin getting experiment on to find a cure for the zombie virus.

  But since he made a cure for the virus, that meant he did everything that needed to be done in the world. He was told he could leave right away for the next world, but he immediately rejected that idea. Since he stayed in the world, he had to accept the fact, he would die earlier than his lover and his son. He had only until he was 72, which was longer than the last world, but it was sad that he would die before his lover.

  He wishes he could be in a body that actually lives until old age. But even if he won’t live until he is old and wrinkly with his lover, he will leave behind wonderful memories for them. 

  Since the world was slowly getting healed from the zombie virus, Hol didn’t right away propose getting married to Bret since they had to focus on the world getting back on the right track. He was only focusing on Rubin and giving them a good enough childhood, well, good enough for a child who went through the zombie apocalypse.

  Hol spoiled Rubin with anything that they asked for, even though he knew it wouldn’t be a good idea, especially since Starie seems jealous of Rubin. But whenever he saw Rubin give him such a cheerful smile at being spoiled by him, everything didn’t matter to him anymore. He just wanted to make sure his son had happiness.

  Bret would occasionally pout at him for giving his son so much affection, but he knew Bret was spoiling him as well, in secret. He would reward Bret for being so sweet to Rubin by allowing them to do more mature things. He couldn’t understand why Bret liked to make him dress up in different costumes and still let him be the one to put it in.

  During the days of rebuilding society, Hol was often sought by the leaders in the base to help with figuring out how the government would run because of his past career. Hol didn’t understand why they would even want his input, but he still helped in the end.

  He remembers running into Ann during the days of rebuilding the world, and she didn’t look good at all. She looked like a starving animal, unlike her usual look that was attractive. Her eyes were empty as she walked past him like she didn’t even notice him at all.  

  He really didn’t feel sorry about what happened to her, since this all happened because of her actions. If she tried to make up for what she did, maybe he would feel a bit of regret, but for now, all he could do was give her a pitiful look. She really needed to understand the difference between reality and fiction.

  A few years passed by and the world was slowly getting back to normal. There were a few zombies that still popped up, but they were taken care of rather quickly with the cure. Seeing as everything was pretty normal enough, Hol finally proposed to Bret.

  Bret was emotional and ended up forcing him into the bedroom. They didn’t stop until the sun came up. Hol body was so sore, but seeing Bret's pleased smile, he accepted his fate. Bret didn’t want a big wedding saying it would be too much work and that they just wanted to be married already.

  Hol was living a rather peaceful life with Bret and Rubin. Rubin wasn’t as shy as they were before. They actually got cocky with him, seeing as they didn’t even flinch when he gave them a death stare when they did something bad.

  Rubin became a doctor in the new world since they wanted to help people. People still had their abilities, but didn’t have to use it a lot. Rubin's healing abilities were still strong, and they would often check out their blood to see if there was anything else they could use it for.

  Hol and Bret were just living a life without work since they were pretty much rich because of the discovery of the cure. They would just go through many hobbies and sometimes travel the world since they didn’t really have that much they could really do.

  When Hol was nearing his death age, he was slowly getting sick. He tried to hide it from Bret and Rubin, but they figured it out when they saw him coughing up blood. They panicked once this scene had happened. Rubin was trying to find out what was wrong with him and was crying almost every day once they realized nothing was helping him out.

  Bret was just as bad and wouldn’t leave his side at all. Bret would do everything for Hol and never allowed him to do anything that would require a lot of work. Hol could tell they were hurting, but he couldn’t say anything to make them feel better.

  When it was time for him to die, Bret was crying and couldn’t calm down. Rubin was there also, but they were just hugging his arm and quietly cried. Hol could feel that his soul was going to leave this body soon, so he wanted to say something before he left.

  “Hey, brat… Crying makes you look so ugly. You shouldn’t be so sad. I promise we will find each other in the next life… Don’t worry about this. We will meet again…” After he said that, his soul finally left the body. He was just floating and watching as his eyes closed. He didn’t want to stay any longer and watch as his family cried about his death.

  So, giving one last look to his family, Hol went back to the system space. Hol sighs sadly to himself once he was back in the system space. Starie was floating next to him and was patting his head comfortingly.

  Hol rubbed at his eyes hard to force back the tears that wanted to come out of his eyes. Giving himself a moment to gather his emotions, he took his hands away from his eyes. Hol looked down at the red line tattoo on his wrist and rubbed it absentmindedly.

  “... How much point did I get this time?” Hol wanted to know how many points he got from this world. Maybe if he got enough points, he could figure out more about his lover and who they were.

  “Host got 200,000 experience points for getting through this world. For completing the side mission of the world, you get 150,000 points. Host got 550,000 points to spend in the system store. Host should get something from the store. There is good stuff in it. You also got seven skill points again. Also, the Host is at level two now! Great job and keep up the good work!” Starie showed off that he had a lot of points to spend in the store and that he wasn’t level one anymore. Hol smiled a little at that, but he was still sad about leaving behind his lover and his family…

  “I will just have you put the skill points in places you think are useful for the next world. I guess I should just get something from the system store. The points aren’t helping me out by just sitting there unused.” Hol checked out the system store again and get something useful from the store.

  Hol went through the system store and looked through all the items that were there. The items were rather expensive, but really useful. In the end, he bought an item that can erase everything from any digital source without leaving behind a trace and he also bought a box of bad luck charms that would cause the person it was cast on to have bad luck for an entire month. After he was done shopping in the store, he was down to 50,000 points.

  “Wow, the Host got good items. They will be super helpful in the next world! I hope you are good at acting like a playboy CEO of an idol company! Who am I kidding? Of course, the Host can do anything!” Before Hol could react to what Starie just said to him, Starie already sent him off to the next world with a smile on their face.

  After Starie was left alone in the system space, they went to the place where the man in the glass coffin was. The man in the coffin skin didn’t look as pale as before, but he still looked rather sickly. Starie looked at him with a concerned look on their face but quickly hardened their expression.

  “He is slowly remembering things from the past, but he still has a long way to go. Don’t worry, I will make sure he will remember everything. We will be a family again. I miss you guys so much…” Starie rubs at his face and then places a finger on his forehead, causing his soul to come out of his body again.

  The man's soul went to the place Hol was also sent to. Starie disappears along with the man's soul, leaving the man in the glass coffin alone. As the man was by himself, his closed eyes moved a bit and his eyebrows furrowed. He looked like he wanted to wake up but wasn’t able to. Letting out a quiet sigh, the man stopped, trying to wake up and relax back into a deep sleep.


This world is done and finish! Now it is off to the next world where the protagonist is going to be the CEO now~ I can't wait to get started with this world because the protagonist is going to be forced to act like a total flirt. I can't wait to show you guys this next week~ Anyway, I hope this chapter was enjoyable, and that everyone is healthy and safe. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

14