Chapter Thirty – The Number One Singer – Task World Three (3)
224 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hol was at Rafael's company and waiting for his lover to show up. He was moving back and forth in a spinny chair as he waited nervously. He had so much energy growing in him as he kept looking at the door to his office. 

  He was in an office that was filled with the usual things you would see in an office, but off to his right side was a bookcase filled with many music cases. Rafael arranged them by how effective they were in dealing with Rafael's random painful headaches episodes. Hol currently had one playing because of a headache that was slowly building up to be painful. 

  Another thing in the office was many unique pictures of different singers with voices that can calm Rafael's headaches. Hol was worried that Emery would think that he only had them up in this office because they were all attractive. He wanted to take them down, but it would be weird if Emery walked in and saw him doing that.

  Hol also had a coffee machine in his office and a small refrigerator that had snacks in it. He also had a small desk that was also filled with snacks. Rafael's office was a rather chill place to be in, but it wasn’t helping him calm down his racing heart.

  A ringing sound coming from his office phone brought Hol out of his anxious thoughts. He answers it and Rafael's secretary tells him that Emery was here with their manager. Calming down his racing heart, he told the secretary to let their manager wait outside and only for Emery to come inside of the office. 

  Hol sat up straighter in his seat and adjusted his clothing. He was wearing a mandarin-collar suit that was unbuttoned a few, which showed off a bit of his toned chest. The suit was dark red with a bit of gray included in some areas.

  His hair was messy but intentional, which gave him a lazy, sexy look. Hol was wearing red stacked heel boots that were rather eye-catching. He really hopes that he will make Emery's heart skip a beat, at least or else he will cry. He has to be extra charming!

  He heard a knock on his office door and told them to come in. His heartbeat increased when he saw it was Emery. Emery was wearing a loose top that had a music note pattern on it. They were also wearing knee-length jeans that showed off their nice-looking legs. They were also wearing sandals showing off their painted nails that also had music notes on them.

  “Hey, my singing angel. I found you~” Hol gave a blank expression Emery a wink along with a flirty smirk. He quickly stopped smirking when he saw Emery was looking to leave the office right away. He quickly got up from his seat and stopped Emery from closing the door.

  “Okay, okay~ Let stop and try this over again. It is nice to meet you. I am Rafael Doyle and I am the boss of this company. May I have your name?” Hol tried to give Emery an inviting smile, but from the look on their face, he knew Emery did not trust him.

  “... The name is Emery Sterling, not your angel.” Emery frowned at the man he kicked in the dick yesterday and felt nervous learning that they were the boss of a big company. But he would have done it again since they were being such a creep yesterday, grabbing at him and telling him to sing for them.

  Emery was having a hard time trying to stay mad at this weird man when he saw how attractive they look today. He wanted to be indifferent toward them, but his heart wouldn’t listen to him. It kept on wanting to tackle this man and kiss them until his lips were sore. Emery just narrowed his eyes at the man as these thoughts appear in his head.

  “There's no need for you to give me such a dark look. Please come in and have a seat. I really want to talk to you about becoming a part of my company.” Hol was smiling on the outside but was crying and curled up in a ball on the inside. His love really doesn’t have a good impression of him at all! He really should have thought about their first meeting more, but he couldn’t control it when he got into this body!

 Hol moved out of the way of Emery as they went further into his office and closed the door behind them. He went back to sit in front of his desk and looked at the frowning Emery. He went to take out the contract he wanted Emery to sign so they could join his company. 

  “This is the contract. You can read it and ask me any question you want. I don’t want you to get into anything you aren’t comfortable with.” Hol pushed the contract even more towards them and gave them a big smile as they picked it up.

  Emery looked through the contract and didn’t have that much issue with it until he saw something weird. He read it over a few times as he tried to understand what he was looking at. He looked up at the smiling Rafael with a suspicious glare. 

  “Why is one requirement for me to sing for you once a day? I will do nothing that will involve giving up my body to you.” Emery didn’t like not knowing why this man wanted to hear him sing so badly. He didn’t know if it was for a sexual reason or something else.

  “Wait, I know this looked weird, but it was for a good reason. So I got this weird medical condition where hearing specific people singing can help get rid of painful headaches that appear out of nowhere.” Hol had his hands held up in front of him and tried to calm down a pissed-off looking Emery.

  “Ah, do you think I am a fucking dumbass? You want me to believe that you actually have this shit that causes you to get random painful headaches that only go away by hearing someone sing? How many people actually fall for that!” Emery slap the contract onto Rafael's desk and stood up angrily. He couldn’t actually believe that this creep wanted him to believe that. He went to leave but was stopped by Rafael, grabbing his arm.

  “Okay, okay. Now I know when we first met I was being a creep, but it was because I was having an episode where I had a really painful headache occurring. When I heard your voice, it went away, and I just knew that I needed to keep hearing your voice. I even have some papers that are from doctors showing that this is real.” Hol reached into the desk once again and put more papers down to show off to Emery.

  Emery took his arm back from Rafael's grip and looked down at the paper that Rafael took out. He saw that what Rafael was telling him was actually legit. He didn’t want to believe it, but it seems like this guy had a weird condition that causes them rather painful headaches that only goes away with specific people singing.

  “Oh… I am sorry for saying rude stuff to you… I was worried that you were trying to do something weird to me, but I guess I was wrong. And I guess… I am sorry for kicking you in the dick yesterday as well.” Emery awkwardly looked away from Rafael as he rubbed his arm. He really got emotional way too quickly, but he often heard rumors of what happened to some idol in some companies and he didn’t want that to happen to him. 

  But he really should have been calmer about it since there are people who do have weird conditions that can’t be explained. Emery looked up at Rafael and felt his heart get weird as he saw an understanding smile on their face.

  “No, it's fine. I was being rather weird after all. But I really want you to join my company. I want more people to hear that beautiful voice of yours. The voice that can get rid of my headaches like that.” Hol wanted to touch Emery's face, but he held back. They weren’t that close and he can’t do anything that would make Emery uncomfortable. It is so hard seeing his lover but not being able to do anything to them.

  “... Fine. This contract is rather good, but I already have a manager, so why is the company giving me another one?” It confused Emery that Rafael would give him another manager. He knew Rafael must have gotten information on him, but they still gave him another manager.

  “I just want to make sure that you get the best job offer for you. I have the best managers working for my company and that helps so many of the idols working for my company become really popular.” Hol said all of this with a smile on his face, but he was trying not to frown at Emery mentioning that manager of theirs. He couldn’t let that manager get a say in what Emery could and couldn’t do. She would only give them jobs that would mess up their reputation.

  “I guess that's fine… Our relationship has become awkward lately…” Emery tried not to flinch, as he remembered her getting drunk and trying to steal a kiss from him. It became really tense when he rejected her and she didn’t really speak to him a lot after that, only for different job offers.

  “It makes me happy we could come to an understanding. I hope that we will get along well. I promise you I will make you the best singer that this world has seen. I don’t want anyone to forget that beautiful voice of yours.” Hol could help but throw a wink Emery's way and tried not to smile like an idiot when their face grew red.

  “... Don’t make promises you won’t be able to keep, weirdo,” Emery mumbled that out as he went to sign the contract that was in front of him. His heart was beating so fast from Rafael's sweet words, but he was forcing himself not to swoon at how charming they were.

  After signing the contract, Emery left the office with a quick farewell and walked back to where his soon to be former manager was waiting for him. As he was walking, he went and took out his phone as he went to look up Rafael online. When he looked up information about Rafael, what he saw made him stop and bit the inside of his cheek hard until he tasted metal.

  “Ah, You piece of shit… Look at all these new articles about your exes… How many of them have you drawn in because of their singing voices… Fucking horndog!” Emery was holding his phone tightly as he saw different articles on Rafael and their exes who were all singers. He couldn’t believe his heart skipped a beat for a flirt like them!

  Letting out a heavy sigh, Emery walked back to where his soon to be former manager was waiting for him with heavy footsteps. He couldn’t understand this dark feeling that was in his heart currently, but he knew it had to do with Rafael and their ex-lovers.

  As Emery was cursing at Hol in their head, Hol was in his office with a silly smile on his face as he thought about being with his lover. He can’t wait to make them fall for him once again and be able to kiss them again. He really had to work hard to make sure that Emery fell in love with him. And to make sure that they don’t think he is someone who will quickly change lovers.

  Starie was silently looking at their host with a pitiful look on their face. They didn’t know how to tell their host that his lover thinks he is a scumbag who likes to switch lovers. All they could do was pray that the host will show his lover that he was actually a good person. Host, fight on!


I am really curious why people don't like stories with the protagonist being the top or being a top with a shy personality and stuff like that? I rather enjoy those stories and making them... And other things that I rather not talk about right now since I still focus on this story. I can't really change up the story because there are some things people don't like. Unless it has something to do with the writing, then I will handle that, but not something related to the characters and plot. I do like that there are people reading it, but there is a limit to what I can do to please people who want the story to go the way they want it to go. Now I hope this chapter was enjoyable and that you are safe physically and mentally. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

9