Chapter 113 – The Greatest Treacherous Minister Under Heaven
184 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Princess Chang Le has arrived!"

Suddenly an eunuch announced that Princess Chang Le had come uninvited. Upon hearing this, Liu Xie's expression softened considerably.

Princess Chang Le was his most beloved precious daughter, the apple of his eye. Whenever he thought about how he had painstakingly sustained himself as the uninteresting Emperor of Great Han, but at least could shelter his daughter from wind and rain, Liu Xie felt that his life had been worth it.

"Your subject pays respects to the Imperial Father," Princess Chang Le stood before the imperial steps and courteously bowed. Without any superfluous movement, her every smile and frown was like the most perfect work of art.

Noble, elegant, exquisite.

Gazing at his most outstanding 'creation' in this life, Liu Xie's chest swelled with pride!

"Quick, quickly grant the Princess a seat," Liu Xie came to his senses and hastily gave the order.

Princess Chang Le turned gracefully, lightly walking lotus steps towards the dazed Fan Li.

What was going on?

Why did she come here?

Fan Li was full of questions, but before he could react, the Princess had already sat down right next to him.

Within the spacious Weiyang Palace, the Princess was pressed up against Fan Li on the same seat.

"Hey, it's a bit cramped," Fan Li reminded her in a low voice.

"This Princess doesn't mind," Princess Chang Le replied in an even softer, sultrier tone. "Could it be that you disdain this Princess?"

Fan Li raised his brows.

Right in front of Liu Xie, surrounded by countless eunuchs, palace maids, and imperial guards in Weiyang Palace.

What was Chang Le trying to do?

Making trouble was fine, but did she have to involve him?

However, since Princess Chang Le was considered 'one of their own', Fan Li didn't want to lose face, so he could only endure it.

"You...you two...!?" Liu Xie was dumbstruck, staring wide-eyed!

His first reaction was that his proudest Princess Chang Le, the apple of his eye, had an affair with the treacherous minister Fan Li of Chu? But Liu Xie immediately denied this thought!

Impossible!

His daughter, the brilliant pearl of Great Han, a Pure Land disciple, and the future Empress of Great Chu. How could she do something so disrespectful, so shameless?

It must be Fan Li abusing his power in Chu to bully not only the Chu Emperor Xiang Ning, but also his own Princess Chang Le!

‘How foolish of Me! How did I not think of this before? If Xiang Ning cannot even protect himself, how can he protect my Chang Le? This cursed Fan Li! A knife to his forehead for the word 'lust', I wish he be cut into a thousand, ten thousand pieces!’ Liu Xie was lost in chaotic thoughts, failing to notice Princess Chang Le's sly actions.

The Princess sat intimately close to Fan Li. She even brazenly extended her delicate hands, caressing Fan Li's body from an angle out of Liu Xie's view.

"Huh? Why are you touching me?" Fan Li was startled.

Although the feeling was soft and comfortable, Weiyang Palace was hardly a place for indulgence, right? Moreover, it was right in front of Chang Le's own father?

This woman was playing quite provocatively!

As Fan Li indulged in wild thoughts, he suddenly felt something light leave his bosom - clearly, something had been taken from him!

"Oh no!" he inwardly exclaimed.

Fan Li had been carrying a small wooden box the size of a palm with him. It was a spirit treasure box from Yun Xiu Fang that could change size, specifically for storing the Purple Sash Robe.

Fan Li had carelessly let Princess Chang Le steal it from him!

"Give it back! It's very expensive!" Fan Li gripped Chang Le's slender jade wrist, distressed.

"Audacious! What are you doing!?" From the imperial throne, the Han Emperor Liu Xie hadn't seen Chang Le's actions, but witnessed Fan Li boldly grab his precious daughter!

This Fan Li was really daring to lay hands on his Chang Le right before his very eyes too?

Upon hearing the furious roar, Fan Li instinctively released his grip. But he immediately regretted it!

Like a slippery loach, Princess Chang Le smoothly withdrew her hand while putting on a pitiful damsel in distress act. She gazed tearfully at Fan Li, then turned to look pleadingly at the Emperor on his throne.

"I'm so sorry, this Princess heard that the Purple Sash Robe had been bought by someone else. I guessed it must be you. Such an expensive treasure, in all of Chang'an, only you and Dong Zhuo could afford it. This Princess really likes the Purple Sash Robe, so please Duke of Jin, gift it to this Princess?"

Her tender, coquettish voice was only audible to Fan Li. "Hahahahaha!"

"Gift it? My ass!" Fan Li protested in a low voice. "Do you know how expensive it is?"

Princess Chang Le gave him a sidelong glance, then abruptly stood up and swiftly walked to the center position before the imperial steps, kneeling down with a 'thump'.

"Ah? Chang Le, what's wrong?" Forgetting to interrogate Fan Li, Liu Xie rose in concern and anxiously asked.

Before Chang Le could speak, a few tear drops rolled down from the corners of her eyes. Drip drop, they shattered into shards upon hitting the imperial steps.

At that moment, it was as if the Han Emperor Liu Xie's heart had shattered too. Puffing out his chest amidst his fury, he declared: "Chang Le, do not cry. Your Imperial Father shall handle everything for you! Though merely the uninteresting Emperor of Great Han, I can at least shield you from wind and rain!"

"Wuwuwuwu..."

After Liu Xie finished speaking, he heard Princess Chang Le crying even more sorrowfully.

"Please Father Emperor, dismiss those present...but leave Fan Li behind."

"Hiss!?" Liu Xie gasped, the rage in his heart subsiding. He glanced at Fan Li no longer with such ferocity, but increasing bewilderment.

From his daughter's words, did she and Fan Li truly have something going on?!

Throughout history, palace gossip was far juicier than any folk tales.

Could it be that his daughter and Fan Li...

"All of you, withdraw!"

With Liu Xie's command, the palace maids, eunuchs, and imperial guards on duty in Weiyang Palace all retreated.

"Good daughter, take your time and explain," Liu Xie gently consoled her.

"Mmhm." Princess Chang Le's eyes were brimming with tears, enough to melt anyone's heart.

Even Fan Li felt uneasy. He had an inkling that stealing the Purple Sash Robe was just a small matter - it seemed this woman had worse to confess?

"To inform the Imperial Father... Your daughter was careless and is now carrying Fan Li's child."

After her words fell, the entire world seemed to fall silent. Within Weiyang Palace, a pin drop could be heard.

The Han Emperor Liu Xie was dumbstruck!

The Duke of Jin from Chu was stunned too!

Only Princess Chang Le was not content with the silence, letting out a few more sobs that had the effect of fanning the flames.

"This rascal! Even more hateful than Dong Zhuo! Dong Zhuo only held court and overrode imperial authority! But Fan Li actually dares to defile the imperial harem? Ah! I want to kill him!"

Tumultuous waves crashed in Liu Xie's heart as he contemplated drawing the Emperor's Sword multiple times to slay the mere Qi Refinement cultivator Fan Li on the spot.

But he suddenly recalled that his daughter was already carrying Fan Li's child. If he killed Fan Li, his unborn grandchild would become a pitiful orphan without a father.

Liu Xie trembled all over but finally suppressed the urge to kill. Only his clouded aged eyes brimmed with tears.

"Shameless villain, you truly are the greatest treacherous minister under heaven..." Liu Xie turned to gaze at Fan Li, his eyes seeming to speak.

"Ding!"

"Detecting Host has gained the Han Emperor Liu Xie's utmost 'acknowledgment'!"

"Congratulations Host, you have successfully completed the mission [ The Greatest Treacherous Minister Under Heaven]."

"Host has received mission reward: [Emperor's Undergarments]."

Fan Li was utterly befuddled.

Huh?

What just happened?

 

 

Thank you for the Ratings/Likes and Comments. Your support is the greatest encouragement for me!

Become a member at:
https://www.patreon.com/ZenpaiTrans

8