V3.C16 Haulscher Empire
3.5k 3 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo and the girls flew past Fuhren and reached the Empire in just two hours. Shea dozed off on his back. Hearst followed behind, her beautiful silver wings shone in the sunlight. Yue used Wind Magic to keep up with them. She refused to be carried by Hearst. Leo sighed and let her do even if it consumes most of her mana reserves.

Their appearance would have caused a commotion if they didn't hide their presence.

The Empire from above looked like a maze, the uneven placements of buildings made the streets like a complex puzzle. There was a stadium-like building near the center.

He caught sight of a beastman kid of about 10 or 11 being beaten on an open street, no one tried save him. He looked around and saw the same thing happening in several places.

So this is the fate of slaves here...

Shea tightened her grip on his neck and closed her eyes. He rubbed her hands to comfort her.

"Don't worry, we'll help them."

"...Thanks, Leo-san. I'm really grateful..." she whispered.

He intimidated the abusers, enough to make them piss their pants. He narrowed his gaze on the Imperial Castle, it was surrounded by a deep canal. A few guards stood on the outer side of the canal while a huge wooden gate acted as a bridge to enter the castle. The sturdy walls of the castle were covered in magic defenses with several guards stationed there. A large wooden gate acted like a bridge to gain entry in the Castle.

"Ready to trash some castle?"

"Looks like that gate needs some repairing~"

"Fufu, let's get it done quickly," Yue whispered.

He slowly flew toward the Castle and floated in front of the giant gate.

Shea summoned Blau Waiss from her ring and ran while stepping on wind plates in the air. The guards came from behind and looked in fear at the group that came out of nowhere.

"Stop right there!"

Shea ignored the guard's shout and swung the hammer with a Bang!

The noise might have clearly heard throughout the entire Castle. Guards all hurriedly ran toward the source.

Crack Crack Small cracks formed on the thick wooden door and slowly spread through the entire gate. The eyes of every guard nearly popped out as they watched the ruined door with a completely flabbergasted expression.

Leo sensed the fear inside them, he turned back and flashed the most brilliant smile he could.

"Leo-san~ Goal completed~ What should we do next? Kill the Emperor or kill all Imperial Knights?"

"I have something else in store for them~ Yue, smash anyone if you want~"

"...Nn… Wait for me Shea~"

Shea had already entered the Castle in big strides with her eyes shining in excitement, Yue ran after her. Hearst just stood on his right as if it's the most natural thing in the world.

He waved his hands at the crowd of guards and leisurely entered the gate. One by one guards collapsed on the floor while gasping for air.

"W-What happened to my legs? I couldn't even move a little."

"H-He is a devil, a devil entered the Castle!"

"Oh God save us!"

"Save Lord Gahard!"

Guards voiced their complaints at the large man standing in front, he stood without any change in expression, but his body trembled continuously in terror.

'She is the rare rabbitman lord Gahard wanted, how did she become so strong? And the pressure emanating from that man prevented us from moving. I need to inform the Lord to escape.'

Oblivious to the thoughts of soldiers, Leo, and others thinned their presence and slid past the guards.

"Leo-san, what are you trying to do? I can't understand your plan."

"Just keep watching, the result will be the best for everyone."

"Shea… Just do as he says…"

"...But involving the—"

"Stay quiet or do you want me to tell?"

After searching around the maze like corridors he found the room. he pushed the large double door and stepped inside the large hall. It was pretty simple if not for the golden chandeliers hanging from ceilings and a crimson rug laid on the ground.

His eyes shone brilliantly as he gazed at the crimson red throne sitting there, its wide armrests covered in gold. A simple yet beautiful throne. Anyone could identify it as the Throne room of the Castle.

A grin appeared on his face. Yue also smirked while Hearst and Shea were confused by their actions.

"This will be the stage for our performance. Hearst catch the hiding perverts."

"Yes, Master."

"Leo-san, your old habit is coming out!"

Shea retort was ignored by everyone.


Gahard sparred with soldiers in the training area. Despite being an Emperor, he never skipped his daily training. The Empire was created by a group of mercenaries, a place where strength was respected.

He, as the Emperor, held might above everyone else. If his strength weakened a bit, the foxy noble will surely stage a coup d'etat.

"Still no news of the group sent to capture that Rare Rabbit woman?"

"Yes, Lord Gahard. We didn't find anything after searching."

This left him confused. Who could be so powerful to make a group of first-class imperial soldiers vanish without a trace?

Boom!

A loud noise interrupted his thoughts.

"What happened? Go and find the source of the noise."

"Yes, Lord."

One subordinate said respectfully and ran out in hurry.

'Maybe the chains controlling the bridge broke.'

"Oh yes, Lord Gahard we caught a caravan full of beastmen kids two days ago. Some rare beastmen were mixed in with them."

"What? Why are you telling me now?"

"That Caravan had a black adventurer as an escort, but with overwhelming numbers they knocked him out. Thankfully, they didn't kill him, the man was the butler of the Ankaji Royal Family."

"Why did…"

"Lord Gahard!"

A large man clad in armor stopped him in his tracks.

"Please escape, that Rabbit girl has come with a young man and girl. She is here for revenge!"

Gahard frowned in displeasure. "Commander Grid! Calm your head and tell me what happened?"

Gahard stern tone subsided his anxiety for the moment.

"The rare rabbit girl with light blue hair is inside the Castle. S-She broke the drawbridge in one strike."

Gahard might have brushed it off as a joke if any other soldier said it, but the man in front was a commander of his army.

"So that noise I heard was..."

"Yes, it was her! Both of them are monsters, please hurry and retreat. I'll buy some time with my troops."

"Stop kidding, there is no way someone like that exists, even in the Demon army I haven't seen anyone like that."

"But—"

"Go and rest for a bit Commander Grid, the duty is getting to your head. Get one beastman woman and have some fun with her."

Gahard although brushed Grid aside, the urge to battle clouded the nervousness he was feeling.

'How can an Emperor run from his own palace in fear of a young man? I hope you're strong or prepared to face the consequences.'

Gahard slowly made his way towards the Throne room. Strangely, the door was left open. He walked inside the dark throne room with three of his loyal subordinates.

"Welcome to Devil's Hell~"

A cheerful voice greeted him accompanied by an overwhelming pressure. Gahard couldn't stop his legs from bending and kneeling on the floor.

74