V5.C2 Baseball? Fighting metal scraps
3.2k 2 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next wide room they encountered had its ground caved beneath like an antlion nest. A worm-like monster attacked them.

"Leo-san, can I kill it? I need to burn some stress~"

"No! Hearst-chan, please."

Eri denied Shea in his place, making her bunny ears sag down pitifully. Hearst fluttered her wings and darted forward in a speed that rivalled his own if he didn't use [Supersonic step]. She stabbed the greatsword in its open wide maw, ending its life in one strike.

Leo honestly thought they were too overpowered for this Labyrinth. If it weren't for the traps, they would've already conquered the Labyrinth. He also had plans to conquer 'Great Gruen Labyrinth'. The spatial magic was too good to let go, they were now working on creating an instant movement spell. With all the stuff that happened, he didn't have much time for this.

"False Life"

Eri already reached the monster and tried to make an undead out of it.

He narrowed his gaze and entered a state of extreme concentration. He was trying to decipher the magic flow above the body of worm-like monster, it was his first time to try something like this.

The black colored mana slowly coiled around the body, a creepy looking hand with long and sharp claws made of mana emerged and clutched the head of the worm and slowly entered its body.

He looked at the smiling face of Eri, goosebumps crawled over his body.

"...Did you create this spell?"

Eri gave a small nod. "Of course, I sometimes went for days without sleep to create this spell," she stared at Leo. "I thought I'll protect you with this spell. But now I'm the one who needs protecting."

He scratched the back of his head, he never thought he would become this strong. But his future goals required much more strength, he also wanted to find out the mystery of his own Race and the identity of silver-haired Entity, the five people around the, the crimson-haired man and the two strangely familiar figures on his side.

Yue had to admit Eri was a genius, the way she used Necromancy was unique. Creating undead with their instincts intact increased their power. 

Eri looked at her new soldier. "A meatshield against traps. I'll name it Ichi-san."

Roar~

The disgusting looking monster roared in affirmation.

"How filthy~? Did you like my cute child~? No need to praise me… Buhaha!"

This time, Irene assumed the role as translator. He decided to not retort at this scene and hurried toward the only passage he could see.

They followed through the passage which turned wider till it was around 6-7 meters. The further passage bent to the right possibly in a spiral shape. The party descended the passage, their vigilance increased to maximum.

He heard a faint rumble in the distance. A second later, Shea bunny ears also perked up.

"Shea, lend me Blau Waiss for a minute."

Shea traced her thumb on the ring and a giant warhammer emerged out of thin air air. She handed him the hammer with a look that said 'Treat my precious nicely', seemingly ignoring the fact that Leo was the one who created it.

He snatched the hammer and the rumbling he heard became loud enough for everyone else to hear.

Something heavy was rolling down the spiral passage. He gripped the hammer in a posture that would make any baseball batter turn away in shame.

Too bad that the thing he held in his hand wasn't a bat but a scary looking warhammer with sharp spikes.

Everyone rooted their feet to the ground as if spectating a play.

The strange noise turned louder then a boulder in shape of a round ball just a little smaller than the passage rolled down the curve and met the crazy guy with a hammer in his hand.

Boom!!!

Deep cracks formed on the boulder as Leo swung the hammer with pure raw strength. The impact threatened to push him back, he stepped forward with more strength.

With a loud crack the boulder shattered into millions of pieces.

Leo wiped the imaginary sweat from his forehead and flashed a bright smile at the girls.

Clap Clap Clap Whistle Roar

All the girls cheered as if they liked the show, the worm also roared cheerfully?

(What are you even doing here?)

Their small skit was cut off by another familiar rumbling noise, Leo mechanically turned his head and witnessed the black boulder spraying a strange liquid. Anything it touched melted with a hiss.

"Leo-san, I think it is time you should order us to retreat."

He deadpanned at her. "Run!"

The smiles on Girls face was replaced by a serious expression. They showed an inhumane speed, nobody wanted to be squished or melt to death by a boulder.

He was in the front with Tio acting as Vanguard for any unexpected traps.

A few seconds later, he saw the passage ending in a spacious room. The path ahead appeared to be closer to the ceiling than ground.

He dashed past Tio and scanned the room.

"Another shitty trap! The ground is filled with the same liquid!"

Yes, the vicious Miledi Reisen created another pool of unknown liquid. If they were careless, even their bones wouldn't be left for funeral.

He stopped Tio with a glare. "Use your wind magic to fly."

"It appears like Goshujin-sama already knows this one's deepest secrets."

Even after saying it, the smile on her face didn't fade as she jumped off the corridor and floated leisurely with her specialized wind magic.

He carried Shea and Eri, while Yue and Hearst used wind magic. Even though he couldn't fully utilize Aerodynamics, he could easily exploit the recoil from wind to jump across the air.

After safely landing on the floor, he scanned the room. The room they landed was long and rectangular. The wall had many pockets in it, enclosing a statue plated in full armor with a sword and shield.

He moved his gaze to the staircase situated in deeper part of the room. Going past stairs, there stood an altar with a diamond-shaped yellow crystal on its top. Beyond it was a majestic door.

"Final boss floor?"

"From what this one heard from Goshujin-sama, it should be the final trial."

"...Nn."

Irene was nervous and excited for the fight against the boss. She didn't get any chance to fight any opponent here.

"Shea, stay on guard, you' and I'll fight in front while others will support us, got it?"

After experiencing the pranks (In her eyes), he was sure these statues stood her for some reason that was anything but good.

He looked at Irene, his gaze softened at her nervous appearance. He pushed his hands inside the dimension called inventory and pulled out four magic rifles and gave them to Yue, Eri, Irene and Tio. The guns were completely physical unlike his other guns, you only need to pull the trigger to shoot destructive bullets. It was enough to take care of some metal scraps.

The range of magic spells was non-existent here, so they needed something to fight. Without any contribution, they might not get the Ancient Magic.

He demonstrated its might and taught them how to use it properly. Eri had learned armed combat under Maria, who knew what that crazy woman was trying to achieve.

He thought while walking toward the majestic door. Just as they reached the center of the room.

Clunk!

A familiar noise echoed in the silent hall, everyone halted and stared at the glowing eyes of statues. With metallic sound they stepped out of their pocket. 

'Analyze'

[Artificial Golem]

A golem made of spirit stone. Can be controlled remotely.

"Huh?"

"What happened?"

"My skill shows that these golems are remotely controlled."

He tried to track the link of mana but he couldn't find it, someone probably used remote manipulation skill to control them.

"Anyway, time to trash them."

He pointed his finger at one of the golem, a pure black orb with a radius of 2cm formed in front of his finger. He made sure to control the mana to bare minimum.

Bang!

The orb shot forward like a bullet and slammed in the golem's shield. A pitch black flame erupted with the small orb in the center and engulfed the golems in a five meter radius.

"...Goshujin-sama, thou even surpassed... this one in fire magic."

The might of [Hellfire Orb] still amazed him, this much destruction with barely one-tenth of his total magic power. The golems in the radius disintegrated without a single dust.

"You guys also kill some."

64