V6.C6 Hell, Announcement, Suggestion
2.2k 8 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo stumbled across the room and collapsed on the bed he used before. His body felt like it was burning on a fire that couldn't be quenched by his [Agni God's blessing] innate.

Wait, this smells like Hearst… did she actually?

He closed his eyes with a wry smile.

"You have three hours to rest and don't you dare use anything to heal your body or Miledi-chan will show you all nine layers of hell in a day."

It's not like I'd cheat… bitch...

"Yes, Mam!"

Even as he spoke, his body was healing by [Self Heal] passive skill. He sighed and buried his face in the pillow, his soul healing by the lingering scent of Hearst.

I'll take it all out on those assholes…

He grumbled in his mind and fell asleep.

Three hours later, an ice-cold sensation woke him up. He sat on the bed and rubbed his eyes.

He stared at Miledi standing there with a smug face and snorted.

"Hah! Try absolute zero if you want to harm me."

"It's time to taste the second layer of hell~"

"Bring it on!"

---

(Shizuku side)

Helina climbed down the caravan and held Liliana's hand to escort her down. Shizuku wryly smiled at the princess and maid pair. Their relationship seemed more like a pair of sisters.

Shizuku waved at Kouki and Kaori and followed Liliana into the castle. Her sharp eyes scanning the somewhat blank looks on guards' faces.

They were directly escorted into the Throne room, where they all took a knee in front of King as a formality.

"Rise."

They all rose and stood with straight backs. On their faces was a quiet and solemn look.

The King continued, "We called you all here for bestowing the rewards for everyone's merit in the war and announcing an important decision we made earlier."

His solemn gaze moved over everyone in the room and stopped at Liliana.

"We announce our daughter, Liliana S.B. Heiligh and Crown Prince, Baius D. Hoelscher betrothal. Next week will be the formal party and engagement ceremony. The rewards will also be given in the presence of the Emperor."

The abrupt announcement stilled everyone in the room. Liliana felt her whole world collapse in a moment. All of her fantasies and dreams crumbled in the face of something she never agreed to in the first place.

Still, her expression didn't change except the light in her eyes died.

"I understand, your majesty."

"Good. All of you are dismissed."

With the declaration, everyone walked back to their respective rooms.

Seeing Liliana's dejected face, Shizuku hesitated for a moment before trying to call out to her.

"Lil-"

"Shizuku!"

Kouki's voice stopped her. She could only look as Liliana and Helina disappeared into the room.

"You should not stop Liliana. Let her deal with it or do you want to stop the marriage decided by the King?"

Shizuku was utterly shocked. She never thought the old Kouki would say something like this.

"You must be thinking I changed? Do you want to know the reason? It was you and him…"

Kouki calmly said his piece and turned back to walk in the direction of his room. Shizuku stood there, dumbfounded by his reason.

How did I change him?

Confused, she entered her room and rested on the bed.

In another room, Liliana also laid on her bed. Her face buried in the pillow wet with tears. Helina stood on the side watching her cry her heart out.

She also knew this day would come one day, but it was too sudden. No one expected it and her future husband had a great reputation for breaking young girls.

Sigh… My love story ended without even starting…

"Liliana-sama, I have some advice."

Liliana raised her head. Her eyes were red from crying.

"What?"

"Why don't we… run away?"

"To where?"

"To Erisen…"

Liliana's eyes opened wide, understanding the reason for Erisen. She sat on the bed and asked,

"You want to go to Leo-san's place?"

"Yes. A knight from Erisen informed me that Leo-sama had been staying there even before he came here."

Liliana shook her head. "As a princess, I was already prepared for a political marriage. It's just they didn't even bother to ask for my choice."

Helina couldn't bear to see the blank expression on her face. She pulled Liliana's head in her embrace.

"I was born into a baron family. As a child of Mistress, I was never treated with much respect. My father… He was a piece of shit. After my grandfather died, he began showing his true colors. Drinking and gambling was the only thing on his mind.

Helina stopped and sighed. "If that wasn't enough, he even gambled our mother in a game against a young noble and lost... Mother cried and begged him. That man didn't even glance as the young noble dragged her with him."

"...I'm sorry for making you remember bad memories."

Helina shook her head and smiled. "You are the little sister I've always wanted."

"Thanks…"

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

Helina released Liliana and opened the door and a beautiful woman entered the room. Her long blonde hair resting on a long white robe, accentuating her mature body.

"Mother. Do you need anything?"

The woman was none other than Luluaria, the current queen of Heiligh Kingdom. The gentle smile on her face vanished, exchanged with a look full of hatred.

"Your father decided the marriage without my consent. Today, when I went to talk to him, he called his maids to force me out of the room. I can't believe it."

"Mother. It's okay."

"No, it's not. I would have accepted it if there were no Heir but we have Randell as the future Heir. It's true that our Kingdom lost many soldiers in the war. Regardless of our circumstances, we will not sell our daughter just to please the other side!"

Liliana showed a faint smile. "Mother, please calm down. Father is not thinking correctly right now. Your action will only increase your distance."

Luluaria hugged her daughter with a sad smile. Her mind was busy thinking about some solution.

"Oh my, poor child."

Helina silently gazed at them with warm eyes.

"Come here," Luluaria gestured for her to come closer. Helina stepped toward her, only to get pulled in her embrace.

"I'm sorry about Elena, your mother. We used to be friends but I wasn't there when she ended her… I honestly treated you like my own daughter. You, on the other hand, wanted to repay me by becoming Liliana's maid."

"I'm sorry Luluaria-sama."

"Just call me aunt like you used to before you became the maid."

Helina almost teared up from the gentle warmth flowing from her aunt. "Thanks, Aunt."

Luluaria released both of them and adopted a serious expression. "I'll ask Leo for help and in return, I'll give him anything. Even the Emperor wouldn't dare to go against him after he ended slavery."

"Mom, please don't drag him into our family issues. He has already stated his stance to be neutral."

Luluaria unwillingly conceded under her request.

"I wanted to engage you with Hero Kouki first. But I noticed he is attracted to Shizuku. Then I even dressed you up to invite Leo to the party and you even failed at that. Helina, what do you think we should do?"

"Shizuku-sama is in love with Leo-sama."

"Ara? So Kouki loves Shizuku who never loves his back and instead has feelings for Leo who is hated by Kouki… That's quite an unexpected love triangle here."

"Mom, stop gossiping about this. You aren't a child anymore."

"Ufufu, at heart everyone is a child and I'm still young and beautiful."

"..."

"..."

48