V6.C13 Worry, Mischief, Shock
2.3k 10 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next-day Morning, Shizuku woke up and completed her usual sword practice. Walking through the corridors, she noticed a group of walking ahead of her. Her instincts as a swordsman and warrior sensed they weren't as normal as they looked.

Still pondering over it, she entered the dining room where students usually ate their breakfast.

"Shizuku-chan!"

"Shizuku! Here!"

She spotted Kaori and Kouki waving their hands sitting around a small table. She walked over and sat next to them and stared at Kouki. Yesterday, he was blaming her for something she didn't know and now, he was back to his normal self. For some reason, an ominous feeling took root inside her heart.

"Shizuku? What happened? You look pale for some reason."

"It's nothing."

The maids served the dishes. Shizuku began eating the food while making small talk with Kaori and Hajime.

Then the rest of the day, she swung the katana gifted by Leo. Normally, it would have been enough to calm her heart but the ominous feeling nagging her heart only grew as time passed.

---

Inside a well-lit room, a blonde girl clothed in a white frilly wedding dress sat in front of a mirror, staring at her own reflection with a calm expression. A silver-haired maid stood behind her, brushing her long flowing blonde hair.

"Liliana-sama. You have to believe in Leo-sama. He isn't the type of man who will make hollow promises."

"I know, it's not about that. It's about the things mother heard from the Emperor in Leo-san's house. Why would father even try to hide this information?"

"...I don't know. I'm someone who always relied on others for strategies."

Liliana shook her head and replied, "I hope Leo-san comes in time and takes me away.

Helina's lips curved in a pleasant smile. "I don't think Liliana-sama has any romantic feelings for Leo-sama. From Shizuku-san's explanation and women surrounding Leo-sama, he won't take anyone without feelings."

"Feelings can grow over time. It is still better than being married off politically. To be honest, I really admire him. If he didn't show up for Eri-san, the kingdom and the citizens might have suffered grievous losses."

"That is a good start. Relationships are best built on positive feelings."

At that moment, the door opened and a beautiful blonde woman entered. Her face wore a casual smile as she approached Liliana.

"Mother?"

"My darling daughter looks so beautiful today. Thank God, I coaxed Leo-chan into stopping the marriage," she let out a sigh full of regret. "I couldn't manage to seduce him. He broke our fragile heart."

Liliana blankly stared at her mother who casually spoke about seducing someone of her child's age.

"You'd be chastised if someone other than us heard those words."

"Geez~ You are no fun. I wonder if I should send you off to Leo as a reward for helping me?"

Helina giggled and raised her hand. "Actually I can volunteer for that. No need to send Liliana-sama."

"That's my good daughter Helina. I seriously wish Liliana could be more like me or you would be devoured by the one who marries you."

"..."

The door opened again and this time a silver-haired young man entered. His blue eyes brimming with lust as he looked at the three ladies gathered in the room.

"Oh, don't glare at me like that. I just wanted to 'check' my future wife and this maid that will come along with her."

Saying, he approached the three. Liliana bit her lips and stayed in her place but Helina stepped closer and spread her arms, guarding Liliana.

"Please, Baius-sama is not allowed in this room before the engagement."

Even after hearing her, Baius kept walking and stopped in front of Helina.

"Then why don't you accompany me to have some— guuf!"

Before he could even complete, Helina plunged her fist in his stomach, leaving Baius gasping for air on the ground. She understood it overstepped her bounds but she was ready to accept her punishment if she could protect the princess.

Liliana felt touched at the resolver of her maid before sighing.

Even though I'm a princess, why do some people treat me like I'm a toy…?

"Helina, stop being so reckless. What would you do if the Emperor demands your execution?"

"So be it…"

"C'mon, it's just a punch. Though I don't want to trouble Leo-chan when he has his troubles, still we can use his name as a last resort. Then, let's go and enjoy the party~"

All three of them ignored the poor prince tearing up on the floor.

---

An hour later, Shizuku stopped her training, took a shower and thought about what to wear for the occasion. Feeling bitter at being alone, she stood in front of the mirror and unwrapped the towel covering her body. Now in only lingerie, she inspected her own figure.

The mirror reflected a rather tall woman with black hair draped on her fine shoulders, touching her lower back. A well bosom well-developed for her age wrapped in a white bra. A narrow and smooth waist of a toned build, showing the effects of her years of training. Finally, the wide hips followed by creamy thighs that even the Emperor drooled after...

Her red eyes narrowed to a slit as her fingers touched her stomach. The training had burned every ounce of fat from her body.

"Even Hearst-san and Shea-san have a well-trained body…"

She shook her head and put on the red dress placed on the bed and went out of the room. Surprisingly, her personal maid Nia stood outside the door. She followed her and arrived at the same hall which held the last banquet.

Right as she entered, her gaze followed the stairs leading up a high floor where all the higher-ups gathered in the hall, talking, cheering cups to each other. King was also there, talking with the Pope Ishtar and a dozen nuns, covered from head to toe in a grey robe.

A bit far away, Queen Luluaria and Emperor Gehard talked to each other while the nobles watched from a distance. On the ground floor, students and Aiko-sensei cheered for the young couple of Kaori and Hajime dancing gracefully. She also saw Shimizu blushing while talking to a maid.

Hiyama-san's whereabouts are still unknown...

She joined the students and applauded the couple. In spite of the merry atmosphere in the hall, the uncomfortable feeling in her mind continued to warn her. The feeling was as if something malicious was eying her.

The King walked closer to the balcony of the first floor. The Queen also came and stood beside him with a dignified expression. 

Forming a dignified expression on his face, King opened his mouth. "First of all, I will thank every one of you to come here and attend the engagement ceremony of my only daughter and princess of Heiligh Kingdom, Liliana."

He looked at the students below him and smiled gently.

"It is time. Now, let us introduce the rewards to our brave heroes."

Luluaria waved her hands at the students. They truly deserved a great reward for working harder than anyone of their age. Her eyes roamed around, searching for the man she put all her hopes on.

*Cough* *Cough*

She suddenly began coughing loudly. A metallic taste rose in her throat along with a sharp piercing pain in her back. Her eyes fell on the blade protruding from her heart should be. She turned to her husband, only to see a twisted smile on his face. Unable to understand why this man betrayed her. 

"W-Why?"

This was her last question before her consciousness faded into nothing and her body lifelessly collapsed on the floor.

---

RIP... So I kind of based the Queen's appearance on Sword Maiden from Goblin Slayer...

44