V1.C23 The Guardian
5k 2 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'How strong am I compared to Ehit servant now?'

(You will die in one move.)

'Damn, just how strong that bastard himself is?'

(....)

"Let's go."

"Nn."

They descended the stairs cautiously, leading them to a huge open room filled with crystal pillars. Each one of them had a pattern engraved on it. Every pillar was evenly spaced and extended up to thirty meters ceiling. The ground was paved and clean, not like the cave they came from.

Leo stood there staring in amazement at the design. He took a step forward to see the pillars glow dimly one after another.

Finding nothing, they walked forward for about 200 meters and stared at the wall with a ten-meter double door. A heptagon was carved on it with every edge having a peculiar pattern.

"This place looks like…"

"Maverick's room," Yue replied in a dazed manner.

Thump Thump Thump

His heart sped up and his instincts warned him to not move forward. Yue also had sweat dripping down her forehead.

His lips bent in a fearless smile. "As if I'll run, my goal is still a shitty god. I won't run from small fry."

"... Yeah," Yue said in a determined voice.

Stepping forward together, they passed the last pillar. As if reminding him of his past, a massive thirty meters magic circle appeared between them and the gate. Pulsing with dark red mana and inscriptions far more complicated than the circle to summon behemoth.

"The monster will be huge," he said and gave Yue three vials of Ambrosia.

"We will… win."

Her determination was no joke, the magic circle stopped glowing and let out a last burst of light.

The duo covered their eyes when the light receded they finally saw the monster. More than thirty meters in length, six different 

colored head and a serpent. If he had to make a resemblance, it would clearly match the Mythical Hydra.

'Analyze'

[??]

Strength: ??

Vitality: ??

Defense: ??

Agility: ??

Magic: ??

Magic Defense: ??

Skills: [Fire Breath] [Ice Breath] [Wind Blade] [Diamond Skin] [+Diamond Protection] [Healing] [Fear Inducement]

'Why ?? on its stats?'

(Every head possesses different stats with different skills.)

"Be prepared for Fire, Ice, Wind attacks. There might be a mental attack and healing," he said to Yue with telepathy.

Graaaaah~

Hydra let out a loud roar accompanied by an intense bloodlust.

Completely unfazed by the bloodlust, Leo declared, "Bring it on!"

The red head opened its maws and sent a burst of flames. Leo and Yue dodged in different directions.

He took out a bone spear and held it tightly. Using [Extreme Focus] for a second and threw the spear with all his physical strength. It shot forward like a gust of wind and blew the red head off.

'Spear is best for explosive power.'

The white head let out a screech and red head was healed back in moments.

'This is troublesome.'

"Yue, white is healer, red is fire, blue and green should be ice and wind, that golden head would be defensive, I'm not sure yet. White is our priority for now."

"Got it," Yue said and targeted the white head with Ice spears.

The golden head came between and took the attack easily and looked at them with scorn in its red eyes.

"Crimson javelin."

She muttered and a flame spear shot forward and exploded on the gold head. After that, she hopped on his back.

He glanced at the unscathed gold head and said, "Ready Azure blaze and fire when I say."

He leaped in the air and activated aerodynamic and made use of the recoil of compressed wind plates to narrowly dodge the attacks of different elements. After a few moments, he was already near the gold head.

"Now!"

"Azure blaze"

Yue didn't waste any time and cast the already prepared Azure blaze. A sphere of bluish-white flames appeared and flew at the white head.

Hydra as if understanding the destructive power of spell used the Gold head to shield the healer white head. Too bad, the spell after some delay managed to tear through the defensive gold head after that green, blue and red head tried to save the white head but perished instead. But they succeeded in saving the white head.

Leo without any delay darted toward the white head before it could regenerate the gold head. He and Yue stared into the reptilian white eyes with a disdainful smirk.

The black head widely opened its maws and flashed its sharp fangs in an attempt to scare him.

He ignored the useless threat and delivered a crushing punch filled with lightning to the white head. After shattering the thick scales, his steel hard fist dug into the flesh and blew its head to the side.

"Crimson javelin!"

The blazing spear blew the white head into oblivion.

"Yue, we did it!"

He equipped the giant sword and ready to charge toward the black head. But before that.

"Leo… don't leave me… I'm alone."

He heard Yue scared whispers, he clicked his tongue and retreated to the crystal pillar fully ignoring the now useless Hydra.

He unwrapped Yue's hands from his neck and put her down. Looking at her mumbling with a dazed expression, he whispered, "Mental attack?"

(Yeah.)

He gave a light slap to her cheeks, receiving no response, he poured down a vial of Ambrosia down her throat.

"Yue! Can you hear me?"

His efforts bore no success as her eyes still appeared to be lost in trance. He peeked his head through the pillar and saw the black head was coming while dragging the weight of other heads.

He moved his head closer to her and pressed his lips on her soft lips.

"Mmh!?"

Yue came to her senses after experiencing the solitude where everyone left her alone. She saw Leo sealing her back in the Abyss.

Her teary eyes met with Leo's gaze before she closed her eyes and began enjoying the moment.

Leo released her and glared in her ruby eyes. "Why the hell would you believe I left you? Don't joke with me, didn't I say I'll take you back!?"

Yue timidly hung her head. "...Sorry."

He shook his head with a smile at the corner of his lips. "Don't ever think like that again. Now, let's go and kill this damn thing!"

"Nn."

He stood and gave a hand to Yue. "How much mana do you have?"

Yue expressed a confident smile. "Enough to torture a snake!"

"Good, now go and take your revenge~"

"Nn."

She ran out of the pillar in small steps and aimed her hand at the sole head of hydra.

"Wind blades"

The air around her conjured into numerous blades and sped toward Hydra. A stream of blood gushed from the wounds on the hydra body.

Graaaarrh~!!!

The pain brought out an agonized roar from its mouth. It tried to cast the mind magic again but the little creature in front only showed an indifferent expression.

Yue glanced at smiling Leo and decided to end the fight. She used crimson javelin to blast the hydra head.

She brushed her finger on her cheeks and wiped the sweat before she trotted toward Leo with a wide smile. 

Suddenly, blinding light engulfed her whole body...

100