V6.C17 Determination, Hope, Scheme
2.1k 2 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yue garbed in a black robe observed the fight. Her fists clenched, teeth gritted, face twisted in helplessness as her beloved fought three opponents at once. 

She shook her head. Every one of those punches carried enough power to instantly kill her. Yet her beloved dodged them easily while counter-attacking at the same time.

Her hands gripped Shea's trembling hand in fear she rushed with her Warhammer. To be honest, dying never fazed her. She would gladly die if it assisted her beloved. But she knew the outcome, her death would only bring out the berserker in Leo.

"Let's go and wait outside. We might get caught in the fight if we stay here."

Shea nodded silently and wiped the blood from her lips from biting her lips. She turned back from the fight then entered the gate.

Hearst stared at the battle between Master and enemies. Her heterochromatic eyes shone with confidence as she discerned that Master held back more than half of his strength.

Master became so stronger… I'll have to catch up, she thought and rushed inside the gate.

On the other side of the gate, a group of unconscious people rested on the ground. The ones who colluded with Ehit including Apostles had their limbs tied with a strong magic rope capable of sealing any use of mana.

While the innocent ones like Gehard, Meld laid unconscious on an individual bed except Hajime and Kaori who slept while hugging each other. Eri consoled a heartbroken Shizuku on the side while Helina did the same for Liliana.

The students sat with their faces buried in their knees, their bodies trembling as they sobbed.

Yue walked over to Liliana and tapped her back.

"...Leo will revive the Queen…"

"How… is that possible…?" Liliana turned to her with an incredulous gaze.

Helina stared at Yue in disbelief, waiting for the answer to the very question.

A little bit of hope budded in their despairing eyes, wishing her words to be true, not some cheap lie to console them.

Yue nodded her head as her lips lifted up in a delicate smile. "Nothing is impossible with Leo."

A look of relief washed over both Liliana and Helina's face. Liliana leaned and buried her face in Yue's chest.

If one never met these two beforehand, they might mistake them as a pair of siblings. Though Liliana might be thought of as the older one since she stood taller at 157cm.

"Thank you..."

"Thank you very much, Yue-sama."

The heavy gratitude brought out a helpless smile on Yue's face. She simply patted Liliana's back in response.

There goes my new clothes, she thought.

However, Eri experienced a different situation. She found it hard to lie in the face of the fragile girl in her embrace. From Leo's words she knew any hope for Kouki's survival withered as Ehit destroyed every part of his soul.

"Shizuku. I know you are scared but stay strong… We both need to…"

She sighed and glanced in the direction of the palace. The loud aftershocks showed the brutality of the fight taking place there.

'Don't die or I'll kill you myself…'

Irene watched everyone from a distance. Her emotionless face showed no emotions contrary to her eyes brimming with nervousness.

*Kuwaaahhh!!!*

The violent roar sent a chill down everyone's spine. The unconscious ones jumped in fear. 

"Goshujin-sama, thou must win…" Tio whispered to herself.

Right then, a sudden loud commotion from the north disturbed them.

"Wow!"

"They did come…"

Irene exclaimed while Tio's gaze turned sharp.

Shea already brandished her Warhammer, ready to shoot down the birds from the sky.

"I'll fucking kill all of them."

Tio noticed the fight had stopped at this point. "Don't be hasty, let's ask Goshujin-sama about it or we might sadden him further."

"I'll do it!" Eri replied and activated the telepathy enchanted on her necklace.

'Leo! An army of apostles is coming to attack Heiligh Kingdom.'

She patiently waited for his answer. Seconds passed by, yet no reply came.

"Eri-sama. We'll need to do something before those Evil Apostles start attacking."

Eri remembered this maid from her time in Heiligh palace. "Oh, it's you. Helina, right?"

Helina nodded in a polite manner. She truly preferred different circumstances to introduce herself but she had no choice.

"...Complete Leo's mission?" Yue also arrived with a red-eyed Liliana.

"Yes. We must at least complete that wish of Goshujin-sama. Are we all in an agreement?"

Shea's eyes lit up. "Yeah~ What should we do anyway?"

"For that, some bloodshed is needed…"

Eri casually smiled while her words were anything but casual. She turned to the Apostle bound by rope and grinned.

"Girls, I have got the right idea for that."

Yue confusedly looked at Eri before a surprised look flashed on her face. She also grinned, showing glimpses of her cute fangs.

"...Let's do this... Tio and Irene, go check up on Leo. Shea go distract the Apostles for a moment."

"Roger~"

"Understood."

Replied Irene and Tio before storming inside the palace. 

Eri looked at the Knight Commander of Heiligh Kingdom covering his face with both hands. She certainly understood his devastated state. The King he served until now turned out to be a traitor. This man was thr only person she admired in the Kingdom other than Liliana.

"Meld-san. We need your help. Please command the soldiers and defend this city from Evil God Apostles. I'll have Leo help you after Leo recovers from the fight with Evil Gods."

Meld squeezed the hilt of his broadsword. This sword gave him reassurance and necessary courage to fight again.

"Understood. I shall distract the Apostles with everything I have."

"Thank you, Meld-san."

Meld nodded and charged out of the palace to prepare the soldiers.

Eri shook away the guilt of using a person like this and scrutinized her gaze at Liliana, her face displaying a business-like smile.

"Liliana, what I am going to say will not come from your friend, instead I'll be speaking as Leo's woman. So please don't take it to heart."

Liliana flinched for a brief moment before her bearing as the princess took over.

"Understood. Please continue."

"I would like to discuss the future of your Kingdom. Your father, the King is already crazy and must be executed for causing this incident. So I'd like to nominate Leo as the next King," she turned to Gehard sleeping on the bed nearby. "And your majesty, do you have any objection?"

Gahard lifted his body with a wry smile. Praising the demon's woman for possessing such sharp senses.

"Don't have any."

Eri's grin turned wide, she glanced at Yue who nodded.

"Bring your Empire under the rule of Heiligh Kingdom.

"Is that a threat?" Gehard asked back, his hands clenching the greatsword.

"Have you heard of her nickname 'Crotch smashers'? Want to join the list? It's totally free and we will spare your Empire with this. So quickly decide, your balls or your Empire~?"

"Please my balls! I'll very much prefer to keep them!" He shouted while thinking these women are all after crippling his family jewels.

"Smart decision and Liliana, what will you choose? If you agree, I'll let you and Helina pursue Leo~"

"Liliana-sama, in this dire time, we'd be hard-pressed to find a new Ruler worthy to hold the mantle of King. I don't think Lundel-sama will be ready for it any time soon."

"I think we shouldn't force Lily." Shizuku spoke up, not clearly agreeing with Eri's method. She understood it better than everyone. For Eri, her world revolved around one person. Her loyalty and obsession with Leo might come off as creepy but this girl was still her friend.

The expectant gazes of her friends and maid made Liliana hesitate. As the only one currently in power, she had to decide. The lives of thousands of people rested in her sole decision.

"...I agree."

"Great and Shizuku, are you still thinking about Kouki?"

Shizuku hung her head as her lips bent in a sad smile. "...Yeah. No matter what he did, he is still my childhood friend."

Eri's brows furrowed in a deep frown. "I don't mean to be insensitive but Shizuku, this is enough. I know you better than anyone here. How you are always willing to let go of your own happiness for others… I think it is about time you try living for your own."

"...I know."

Eri touched her shoulder. "I'm not telling you to not mourn for your friend. But he still betrayed you in jealousy... I'm just saying you should not let it affect your future. If you don't cheer up, I'll send a hungry Leo after you."

"Don't treat Master like a pet!"

"...Nn."

"...That was just a joke."

54