V6.C19 Battle Maniac, My race?
2.1k 4 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liliana turned to the rabbit woman standing tall with a large Warhammer on her shoulder. Only did she realize this woman was the same woman who flattened more than a thousand monsters in the war.

The deep admiration became her strength as she turned around and looked down at the citizens and soldiers of her own kingdom. Every one of them had hope in their eyes as they looked up to her.

Their faith brought an elegant smile to her face as she began her pre-planned declaration.

"People of the Kingdom… I apologize if it's sudden but as you can see our Creation God Ehit turned into an Evil God and intends to end our world with his army. The bitter truth is that none of our soldiers and heroes can fight with them."

Her amplified voice reached everyone in the kingdom, she stopped to notice despair, hopelessness, pain on everyone's face including soldiers…

Sadly, this was the influence of the Royal family. Any one of their bullshit can sway masses that could only be rivaled by the Holy Church.

Forming an incredibly determined expression, she continued, "As a last resort, I'll offer every inch of my blood, flesh, and mana to summon the only being who could possibly help us in this catastrophe. So please lend me a hand in calling them."

She brought both hands in front of her chest and began praying. Some chants might have helped here, but sometimes silence could say more than your words and her determined face looked rather heroic in people's eyes. They also began praying to call the unknown being...

Shea nodded at Liliana's top-notch acting. As expected of royalty, she thought and shifted her sight to the crack.

Her lips curved at the sight of more than a thousand apostles. She just wanted to rush and wildly swing her Warhammer.

The sight of blowing up flesh and blood boiled her blood. Though she knew it was wrong, yet the thought of it charged her heart with excitement.

How do I distract them?

Just as she observed the apostles, they also observed her. The appearance of a single demi-human more than just puzzled them. A sense of inferiority boded their heart as if the one in front was their Creator.

Unknowingly, this brought success to Shea's plan to distract them until a blonde-haired apostle charged out of the swarm and directly appeared in front of Shea. 

"Exterminate everything."

A great sword shining in a silver aura arrived near Shea's face.

"Ora!"

Along with the warcry, her hammer clashed with the greatsword.

Just then, she realized something. The blonde-haired apostles were the aces of Ehit. Every one of them had more than 20000 stats at the bare minimum.

*Swoosh!*

Ending her thoughts, she ducked under to dodge the sword intending to slice off her proud rabbit ears.

Curse you! How dare you target my beloved ears…

"Body strengthening (V)"

She twisted her body while the Warhammer crashed on the greatsword.

*Bang* *Crack* The tremendous force caused cracks to appear on the great sword. She was called a musclehead for this very reason. Her base stats ramped up to nearly 5000 and her mana reached 9000 and it still increased each passing day, a passive trait of Leo's bloodline as Eri remarked.

With lips curled in a delighted smile, she appraised the Apostle fine after her attack and swung the hammer, turning it into a 360 spin. Both blonde apostles blocked the blow with their swords yet the immense force managed to blow them away.

Glancing back, she caught sight of a silvery light gradually wrapping around Liliana's body. It turned brighter and brighter until it covered the whole Kingdom.

"Mou~ I wanted to fight more."

She hid her presence, unsummoned her hammer before sauntering to Liliana.

People on the streets felt a warm and gentle feeling like sunlight but the effect was much stronger. Opening their eyes, they let out loud exclamations thinking that they succeeded.

Meld thought the same. He didn't believe in God until today when Kouki transformed into an Evil God and thoroughly shattered that belief. Now the orb of light flickering near Liliana further strengthened that belief.

"Young lady, why have you summoned me?"

A soft, gentle and serene voice could be heard in everyone's head. Their eyes filled with reverence as they alternated their gaze between the orb and exhausted Liliana who kneeled herself in Orb's presence and began talking in low voice.

The orb went silent for a long moment before it glowed brightly and transformed into a human-like form.

Everyone watching the scene released gasps of admiration. The being in front of them seemed too holy. His sharp handsome face adorned with a gentle smile, silver hair gently fluttering with wind and most importantly, the six pairs of golden wings scattered golden light as they flapped paired and the golden halo floating above his head further increased his godliness.

Meld found this person somewhat familiar.

"I can't let the suffering of the poor go unnoticed. Very well, I shall help this world."

He waved his hand as if space was a joke and formed a massive crack in the air.

"My warriors, come forth and guide these lost servants of Evil God."

Everyone turned wide-eyed seeing the golden winged Angels coming out of crack. For a moment, Meld couldn't help but think it was another scheme to destroy them.

"Believe in me."

The voice in his mind cleansed every hesitation as he followed others to cheer for the Angels.

Leo turned his back on the people and smiled wryly. The embarrassment really killed something inside him. He used Illusion magic for his magnificent image, as for talking to everyone, it was too easy with his territory which now covered more than 1900 meters. While the change of the Apostle was done by tinkering with their crystal heart (Mana crystal).

Playing the good guy sucks…

However, the people down there had devoted faces as if they'd die if he ordered them to. Fanatics, he never liked them because all they did was entrust their decisions in accordance with their faith. A sense of self loathing creeped into his heart.

I am really going against my own rules for this mission. It better be something good or I won't talk to Jen for months…

(Wait! Why am I being excluded for this? I am sorry for not telling you about the trio but don't say anything like that…)

His eyes opened wide at her sudden pleading. He just joked about it yet the outcome seemed weird.

'Will you hide things like this from now on?'

(I swear I won't.)

'Then tell me about my race.'

(It's Dra–)

His lips lifted up in the widest smile possible for anyone. Liliana on the side seemed entranced for some reason.

'Dragon, huh. So the scales were real and not my imagination and the sudden increase in my stats. Especially the urge to ravage Tio who is also a dragon… Now everything is coming into pieces.'

(You are such a meanie! I planned to keep this one secret until you became Tier 4.)

An image of pink-haired woman pouting indignantly flashed in his mind.

'So Jen has beautiful pink hair…'

(...)

"Liliana, my work here is done for now. I'll do one last speech before going to revive… your mother…"

"Thanks, Leo-sama. I'm really–"

"Don't say it like this. It was my late arrival that caused this in the first place. I'm also sorry so we are even, okay?"

"..."

Receiving no reply, he turned his head and sighed. The stars in Liliana's blue eyes as she looked at him made him release another sigh.

Whatever…

He turned his sight to the fight that could only be described as legendary. The Golden Angels crushed the Silver Valkyries wrapped in a silver aura without any effort. He recorded every moment of the fight with Spirit Magic, he intended to watch it with everyone on Earth.

Earth… Maria, I hope you are safe there…

53