V6.C22 Shizuku’s feelings, Acceptance
2.1k 4 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo grinned at the beautiful swordswoman trying to escape. He needed to make some things clear.

 

"Shizuku?"

*Sigh* With a sigh, she took off the black robe covering her body and stared into the eyes of man she came to love. With her height of 172 cm, their heads were almost touching. Hiding the unease with a calm and dignified look, she opened her mouth,

"...What does Leo-kun want?"

"I don't know. Do you not... hate me for killing him?"

She hung her head, her eyes unfocused as she replied, "I… don't. It was my fault… like he…"

A warm hand touched her head, raising her gaze, she found a soft smile on his face. A multitude of emotions ran through her heart, the gentle touch almost made her tear up.

Leo clearly understood this girl's feelings. Tortus gained freedom at the cost of this girl's childhood friend. She blamed herself for the sin he committed.

He continued stroking her hair and coaxed,

"No, it was my fault. I was the one he loathed and despised. My strength must have forced him to accept Ehit's offer. So don't blame yourself for it. I'll always be here if you want to 'rely' on someone."

The word 'Rely' reverberated in her ears. The feelings she held back all the while gushed out clogging her throat while something hot gathered at the corner of her eyes.

Why am… I crying? Do I really want to cling to someone that much?

She didn't hold back her feelings this time, or rather she couldn't, and plunged into his embrace.

"Leo-kun?"

She asked with her cheeks touching his chest. A sense of security she never experienced wrapped every part of her body. The warm embrace gave her enough courage to voice out her feelings.

"Thank you for saving me today. I was really happy when you stopped Ehit. Am I betraying myself if I want to be with the man of my friend?"

"No-"

"Please quietly listen to me, kay?"

He nodded while she continued, "I picked up the sword for my family. Though I wanted to act girly, play with cute toys. However, when I trained in family martial arts, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Slowly, the girls came to admire me, rely on me like I was some sort of knight."

"And you couldn't deny their wishes. Typical of Shizuku."

"Umm... I wished to be pampered, loved and more importantly... I wanted someone to be there when I needed someone."

She halted her words and lifted her head to match his gaze. Her eyes holding various emotions stared fixedly at his face.

"Will Leo become that for me? Will you save me if I were to face some dangers? Like you did that day. I was afraid, anxious, despair was all I could do. I might have truly died if not for you showing up to save me. That feeling is still here, in my heart, encroaching me every time I fight."

Two clear lines of tears slid down her face, remembering the time when the Dragon almost took her life. The time when her innocence was nearly lost.

"But this katana… helped me, it cut through everything even God was wounded. It reminded me of your presence everytime I picked this up."

Leo stared into the red eyes filled with longing. "I…"

She placed a finger on his lips, then buried her face in his chest.

"Instead of clinging to a sword. I want to have the real one. So will... Leo protect me?"

Leo closed his eyes, repeating her words inside his mind. Her feelings reached the depth of his heart. Despite not knowing her much, he could tell she genuinely wished to be with him. He didn't think anymore and glanced at Eri who gave a nod as an answer.

He took a deep breath to harden his resolve, unintentionally getting a whiff of the soft floral fragrance emitting from Shizuku's hair. His hands clenched her shoulders to separate her before they cupped her cheeks.

"Yes. As I said you can always rely on me. I'll always be there if you need someone, no, I'll be behind you to protect you."

Shizuku brushed the hands holding her face while her face bloomed into a radiant smile. Leo's heart skipped a bear at the dazzling smile free of any self-deprecation.

Her red eyes stared at the handsome face without blinking. She tried her hardest to stop the blush creeping up on her face. She reached her limit in a few moments, took off the hands and hid her face in his broad chest.

"Then I'll be borrowing this chest for some more time."

Despite the awkwardness, he soothingly caressed her smooth hair which made her tear up again. The loss of her childhood friend who acted more like a little sibling still weighed heavily on her heart. 

Eri's lips curled in a playful smile, he had no way of knowing what she meant by that.

'Do you really want me to become a playboy?' He asked Eri with telepathy.

'Isn't it too late to ask that question?' She replied back and got up from bed. 'I only helped Shizuku, my friend. Besides, I can always borrow you with first wife authority.'

'...You really love rubbing that title in everyone's face.'

'Hehe~'

His hands stopped when Shizuku stopped crying, yet she showed no signs of leaving his embrace. Sensing her soft breathing pattern, he realized she ended up falling asleep while standing.

"Fufu."

He glared at Eri for a moment before carefully loosening Shizuku's hands around him and placed one hand around her back to support her. Her body leaned back while her peaceful smile came into view, bringing the same smile to his face.

'Look at you ogling her and you refused to accept her. I can't understand what goes in your mind...'

He ignored Eri's close to accurate remark and lifted Shizuku with spiritual hands under her legs. Placing his real hands under her legs, he carried her to the bed. After putting her to bed, he turned to Eri for some payback.

However, he froze at the soft and wet sensation on his cheeks. It lasted for a brief moment. Shakily turning his head, Shizuku's teary eyes entered his sight, her face red, as if all the blood rushed to her cheeks at the same time.

"I-It was my first…"

A look of incredulity crossed his face. This gap with her usual dignified atmosphere was deadly. He couldn't even form words to retort to this.

Looking at his speechless face, she chuckled and dropped another bomb.

"Let's meet Tou-san and Kaa-san after we return, kay? Fufu, I can't wait to meet them and tell them about this world and us."

"..."

Eri on the side burst into laughter. She never expected Shizuku to turn this brazen. The tongue-tied appearance of Leo brought an amusing smile to her face. She slapped Leo's back and gave a thumbs up to Shizuku.

"That was great! Shizuku-chan is really bringing her A-game to conquer Demon-sama's heart. This first wife wholeheartedly supports your venture."

"..."

58