V7.C3 Hearst message, Arrogance
2.1k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adul Klarus, the crimson-haired man led Leo's group while asking about Shizuku and Myu. Leo honestly told the truth to which Adul showed a complicated gaze. But he couldn't say anything after seeing the delighted face of his granddaughter. He himself was worried about if this stubborn granddaughter of his would ever marry.

Leo entered the village and couldn't stop the nostalgia showing on his face. From their kimono-like dress to their traditional Japanese-styled houses, it all resembled Japan, more like a fantasy version of Japan.

Shizuku was also the same as her lips were curled in a nostalgic smile. Tio curiously watched them, oblivious to their thoughts.

Adul led them to the largest house in the village, the rest of the dragons transformed into their human form and scattered. Only the indigo haired dragonman who was in love with Tio kept following them.

Love Rivals? Leo wanted to scoff at their faces but he controlled himself. He knew someone like Tio would never betray anyone. Not only she loved him but also others in the family.

Adul slid the wooden sliding door then turned to indigo haired youth. "Ristan, I want to have a discussion with them. So…"

"Ristan!" Tio called out to the young dragon. "This one has already chosen her mate and only thinks of you as… a younger brother. So, please select another mate and continue your life."

"... Understood," Ristan nodded while glaring at Leo and walked through the corridors.

With a bitter smile, Tio pulled him inside and made him sit on one of the cushions placed around a low table.

Leo shifted the lightweight Myu on his lap and stroked her hair and smiled at Adul who returned a warm smile.

"Do you know what those earthshaking noises were? They were heard all the way to this village."

He let Tio explain the details while he cringed every time she brought up 'God'.

If that wasn't enough his daughter dealt the final blow…

"Papa is a god?"

His cheeks twitched, Shizuku endured the urge to laugh albeit her small chuckle didn't escape the senses of monsters gathered in the room.

"What does Leo-sama want from us? Saying all of these must have a meaning. So do not hesitate, we'll never disagree with any request from the benefactor of our tribe."

Adul said and slightly lowered his head. His long life dream to avenge his son had been fulfilled by a youngster. Although he wished he was there to witness it. Still, Ehit died and it was all that mattered in the end.

Leo was taken aback by the sudden change in Adul's attitude. A hand fell on his thighs, he turned to Tio nodding her head.

"Goshujin-sama, please convey what you want," she whispered.

Leo responded with a nod before turning his attention to the middle-aged man, also his future grandfather-in-law. 

"Now that the threat of Ehit is longer looming over Tortus, I want the Klarus Tribe to come out from the shadows and move into Heiligh kingdom or the capital of my unnamed future Empire."

Adul pondered for a brief moment before showing a determined expression. "That is something I alone can't decide, but… I'll try my best to make everyone understand, Leo-kun."

Leo curtly nodded, already anticipating this. "You can ask me if you need help in shifting the houses."

This brought an end to the official talk. The door also abruptly opened and entered a tanned skinned woman, with white hair and red eyes. She appeared to be fifties from her looks. She put down the tea and snacks plates on the low table and gave a gentle smile towards Tio.

"Venri!" Tio stood from her seat and dashed into Venri's bosom.

"Tio-sama, how have you been?" She whispered and patted her back.

"This one is good, but Venri looks so aged."

"It is fine, Tio-sama. I will live to see Tio-sama children."

In a tone filled with kindness, she consoled Tio. Though she herself knew her lifespan was nearing its end. Not all dragonmen lived for more than 700 years yet she did so with her sheer will to watch over the stubborn girl.

Myu on his lap stretched her small hands to reach out to the snacks. Her eyes opened wide when the cup and plate of snacks flew and landed in front of her.

"Thanks, papa~!"

Leo patted her head, pondering if he should increase Venri's lifespan with restoration magic, but he left the decision to Tio and Venri herself.

'Master! Demons are trying to attack the Heiligh Kingdom,' Hearst's voice sounded in his head.

His brow shot up in surprise which Adul and Shizuku naturally noticed but stayed silent.

'Lead the Golden winged squad to stop them and don't kill. We want to establish peace and not entice more hatred.'

'Understood! I'll ask Yue-san's help.'

'Take care.'

"Did something happen there?" Shizuku asked.

"Just a minor problem."

"Sure..." she whispered and picked up the cat-shaped snack and fed it to Myu.

Leo was busy reflecting on his current plans. The work on uniting the Tortus and his church were going smoothly. But… he already decided to complete this all in one week before going to Earth.

For some reason, his instincts kept buzzing. Something was wrong, horribly wrong.

"Papa, let's go explore~?"

He pushed back the thought for now and focused on pampering Myu to her heart’s content. Placing Myu on his shoulders, he set out to explore the small village.

Venri pushed Tio aside and gave a deep bow to the young master, but before she could something invisible stopped her. She saw him shaking his head and understood it's him.

"Tio-sama found a good man," she quietly whispered to Tio.

"Indeed."

Adul also stood up to follow the trio letting Tio and Venri catch up. Though he also felt curious about the situation in the Heiligh Kingdom.

What could possibly harm the kingdom guarded by someone like Leo-sama?

His heart still shivered from the vast pressure from Leo. Like the very sky was about to collapse on his head. The young man somehow reminded him of his own son, the fool who sacrificed his and his wife's life for the Kingdom.

Shaking his head left to right, he chased after the trio.

---

Meanwhile, Leo was frowning at Ristan blocking his way. He might have done something if Tio didn't care about him.

"What do you want now?"

"Fight me! If you win, I'll leave you alone but if I win, you'll leave princess."

Ristan declared and activated his skill. Indigo blue scales covered his body as his body increased until it reached an intimidating 6 meters. Fortunately, there weren't any houses in the surroundings.

Ristan raised his head and roared, attracting everyone in the village to their location.

Unknowingly, a condescending smile touched Leo's lips. The dragon looked so pitiful and weak in his eyes. He could squash it in one punch, no, even that would be an overkill.

"Papa!"

"Leo!"

His arrogant thoughts ended when Shizuku and Myu violently shook him. He examined his hand. The black scales had reappeared on his hands. The same hardness coated his face.

He hurriedly deployed his territory to look at his own figure from every direction and gaped.

Don't forget to rate if you like this and you can check out my patreon if you feel intersted in advanced chapters

43