V7.C14 Sea God Palace
1.9k 4 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo and Myu swam past the wall to enter the city. He felt as if he passed through a barrier. Before he could realize, he found himself falling.

Pretty strange…

"Papa~!" Myu yelled and pulled his hair.

He quickly spread his mental strength to create a platform below his feet. He turned around and concentrated. As he expected, there was a mana layer so thin it was almost impossible to notice it without focusing hard. It was used to keep water away from the city.

Tifa stopped beside him. Strangely, she was floating with wind magic, and her tail had vanished, replaced with two long and slender legs. Even her dress was loosened.

"Leo-sama, I'm sorry for not telling you about this."

Although she apologized, her face was beaming with a bright smile.

"Don't worry. It's nothing big."

Delphy continued distracting Myu with her plays. While he turned his gaze toward the city, since he was more than 200 meters above the ground, it was feasible to gaze upon the whole area from here. The city had unnatural shapes of houses, not more than a hundred and unique mermaid beauties walking around.

No wonder they had to hide, humans will see them as nothing more than exotic slaves…

"Tifa, do you wish to go back to the surface?" He asked. "You don't need to worry about protection."

Tifa shook her head right to the left. "I thank you for your offer, Leo-sama, but my tribe is already content here. Though I would love to see the surface world." She gazed at Myu. "Leo-sama, are you married to someone from Dagon race?"

Leo gave a small nod. "Yeah…"

Unknown to him, Tifa had a strange smile on her face.

He slowly descended on the ground and began walking. Tifa also landed beside him and silently accompanied him.

"Can't your tribe wear less revealing clothes?"

"But Papa, they look beautiful," Myu added from his shoulders.

"We can't, or they will hinder our movements during swimming." She shook her head. "Also, our clothes are created with the unique skill of our tribe."

"Is it really okay to tell me that?"

Tifa was closing the distance between them as she walked. "Leo-sama is not an outsider. You are the master of Sea God, and your place in our tribe is equal to Sea God."

Hiro glanced at Delphy swimming in the air as if it was water.

"Why do you address Delphy as Sea God?"

"That is a long story. I will tell you later," Tifa replied.

"Myu also wants to know~"

Yue made her addicted to stories.

"No problem, Princess," Tifa happily agreed. "First, Leo-sama, come with me to Sea God Palace."

He tilted his head in confusion before sweeping his gaze over the houses ahead. The biggest one strangely stood out among them because of its sheer size and faint golden exterior. "There?"

"Yes."

He shrugged and decided to take a look just because the name sounded so majestic.

As they walked on the broad path, the mermaids formed a crowd and talked as they stared at him with eyes full of curiosity.

Myu cutely waved her hand at the crowd. When the mermaids saw this, they replied with a wave of their own.

Under the gazes of dozens of Mermaids, he arrived at the Sea God Palace. Tifa pushed open the door and turned around.

He silently nodded and followed her. The corridor had golden engravings carved on both sides of the walls, which vaguely resembled Delphy's Leviathan form. And from its bright color, it seemed to be recently done.

After a lengthy walk in the corridor, they arrived at a place that could only be called humongous. From the size of the room to the height of the ceilings.

At the end of the room, two arched series of steps on both sides led to a platform where an exotic throne was placed. It was entirely made of a sturdy stone that seemed to reflect light in the dim light, both armrests had a design similar to the claws of a dragon, and the top had resembled a dragon head with two large curved horns. It looked as if it was made from a real dragon's body.

"Master, please sit on that throne." Delphy pleaded for some reason.

"...Okay." He agreed and activated supersonic step skill to show up near the throne.

From near, the throne looked even grander. He shrugged and sat down on the crimson cushion. Almost immediately, a strange feeling flooded his heart. His posture unconsciously became dignified and prideful. The feeling of pride and arrogance once again surged through his whole body while his heart throbbed with a sense of power.

Is this the pride of a Dragon…?

(Yeah, the only downfall of the supreme creatures was their pride rooted deep into their bones. Even the weakest of the dragons would choose to die rather than letting someone taint their pride.)

'Interesting, that must mean the Dragon race has many enemies?'

(Indeed, but they also have many allies, and there is also a Dragon Emperor --- who managed to control his pride and ask for help.)

'I can't hear his name.’

For a moment, an image of a pink-haired woman shrugging flashed in his head. With this, he was sure that pink-haired woman was Jen.

(...)

When he opened his eyes, a fantastic sight appeared in his view. Every inch of the throne room was bathing in a golden light that seemed to be emanating from the throne under him.

While in the center of the room, Tifa was kneeling on one knee like a knight. As she wasn't his subordinate, he used spiritual hands to make her stand and examined the throne.

'Analyze'

[Dragon God Throne]

An artifact throne created by master transmuters using dragon bones and nourished by a true dragon's mana.

Enchantments - [Dawn of the Dragon]

Rank - Tier 3

[Dawn of the Dragon] - The throne releases a light that can temporarily boost the strength by 20% of anyone bathing in it

It is an excellent artifact, he thought and closed his eyes. Suddenly, the weight from his shoulder disappeared, and then a body fell on his lap. He leaned his back and tried to control the pride, trying to control his mind. If that Dragon Emperor was able to do it, then he could too.

He was also an Emperor, Dragon God Emperor...

While Leo was busy, Tifa gazed at him with eyes full of admiration.

Several moments ago, when Leo sat on the throne, she felt the immense pressure coming from him. However, instead of overpowering her, it became gentle as a morning light that she experienced once. Even so, she kneeled to show her respect.

This throne was initially supposed to be crafted for Sea God. But Sea God requested to craft it differently for her 'Master'. As one of the ancient races, their ability to craft magic items were astonishing. Even their clothes were crafted with their own hands.

Tifa

Tifa's reference

46