V7.C26 Zhūquè, Qīnglóng
1.8k 11 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Crimson bastard?!”

Leo uttered, remembering the arrogant guy he met in the morning after he embraced Eri, Yue, and Shea.

A burst of fire exploded from the streaks coiling around the tower. The clouds parted and revealed an enormous bird head; feathers shining with a fiery crimson glow and bright golden eyes similar to gems. It was latching onto the tower, its large wings displaying in full glory.

‘A firebird… Phoenix from myths?’

“Kid, I know our first meeting wasn’t the best. But please, can you stop calling me with that name?”

“Then tell me your name?”

“It’s Zhūquè, Vermillion bird of the south.”

Leo tilted his head to the side. “What’s that?”

Fias and Zhūquè both assumed silence at his answer. Zhūquè shook his head.

“For him to not know about Zhūquè, this kid’s parents need a scolding.”

Leo gave an earnest nod. “Yes, call them here. I can scold them in your stead.”

“...”

“...”

He released a sigh at their silence. His plan to lure out his parents through these two failed.

“Kid, you became stronger than the time we met.” Zhūquè cackled. “Yet you won’t last a round against me.”

“How can you decide that without a fight?” Leo growled, attempting to provoke Zhūquè.

“Young one, even we have to seal our powers before coming here. But the blessing of Karmina should work here.”

“Who is this Karmina? And what blessing?”

“You know that stuff called systom. Or was it systim?”

“Nah, Fias. It was sustem.”

Leo stared blankly at the two mythical creatures failing to pronounce ‘System’.

“...It’s called System. The Creed, to be precise.”

“Ah that. Does it work?” Fias chuckled.

Zhūquè scratched his head with the claws. “Now, then. Where are we going?”

“To the dimension where dragons live.” Fias’ voice became heavy, brimming with pride. “Draconic Valley, Infernus.”

“Hmm.” Leo nodded and waved at Zhūquè. “Can I sit on your back? My butt is already sore from these hard scales.”

“Haha, kid.” Zhūquè extended his right wing. “Come on.”

After Leo settled on Zhūquè’s back, the two mythical creatures started soaring toward space. Their innate speed was higher than his with all the cheat skills combined.

The intense wind scraping his cheeks brought a smile on his face.

Trying this with others would be fun. Especially Miledi… bullying her is fun.

After the clouds, came an unlit space filled with glittering stars, and a milky white bridge flashing with rainbow hues; it split into three paths, leading to three massive swirling portals. Pure white on the left, crimson in the middle, and pitch-black on the right. The other side of the bridge was vague, leading to nowhere.

“This is the true purpose of the Tower of Gigantia. These three portals lead to the Three Realms.”

“Shush. Fias, leave some mystery for later.”

A vein popped on Leo’s forehead. He plucked one feather from Zhūquè’s back and put it in his pocket.

“Ouch, kid. Don’t be so violent.” Zhūquè grumbled and flew toward the crimson portal.

For a moment, crimson filled every part of the world before it scattered into particles. The sight before him was crammed with numerous portals of different shapes, sizes, and colors. Each one of them radiating enormous aura, giving him the feeling as if he stood before a giant.

“These are all the countless dimensions in existence. Even your former World and current World could be accessed from here.”

Not bothering to hear his reply, Fias and Zhūquè rushed inside the scarlet portal in the dead center.

The scene on the other side made Leo gasp in admiration.

Hot!

Lava poured down the mountain valleys. Flames flickered about almost every surface.

The entire world burned in scarlet flames. 

In the distance, dragons with red scales flew into vast skies. A few rare ones had black scales.

“Kid, welcome to Infernus.”

“... What is your purpose for bringing me here?”

“It is our duty to show you this. As for the reason, you must ask the one connected to ‘The Creed’.” Fias answered.

Leo let out a sigh and nodded his head. Somehow, this burning air felt comfortable.

Zhūquè resumed his flight and showed the beautiful valleys from high above. This place was right out of a fantasy book.

Their tour went really well until…

“Fias!”

A soft voice interrupted them. The dragon who called out to them had a sleek serpentine body covered in azure blue scales, two short arms, and legs with sharp claws. It appeared in stark contrast to this scarlet world. Two long whiskers on both sides of its face and two pale blue antlers growing on its head.

“Qīnglóng, what brings you here?” Fias asked.

‘So they are Qīnglóng…’

“Is he the one?”

Qīnglóng asked as their piercing golden eyes stared at him as if gazing into the depths of his soul.

“Indeed. Your existence is truly a miracle, as that bastard said. I’m known as Qīnglóng of the East.”

Leo shook his head. He did not understand why they were calling him a miracle. His question won’t be answered even if he wanted.

Fias sighed. “Don’t remind me of that sick bastard. His saying ‘For the greater good’ makes me sick.”

“He is known as the First God after all,” Zhūquè added.

Leo’s curiosity got the better of him as he asked, “Who is he?” 

“Just a mad scientist. No need to pay any attention to him.”

Leo shrugged his shoulders. Qīnglóng showed a wide smile on their face.

“So young and yet you have so many mates. Just what kind of harem are you trying to build?” Qīnglóng’s head came near his face, and they continued in a serious voice. “That is normal for a male dragon. But a female dragon can only choose their mate once in their life. Be sure to not let them down.”

Leo arched a brow at the serious request. “I know.”

Qīnglóng’s eyes curved in a crescent as if smiling. “This Empress really likes obedient children like you.”

‘Empress? She is female?’

Her teasing convinced him about her gender.

“Qīnglóng, stop wasting our time. Go govern your territory or I’ll complain to the Demonic lady.”

Qīnglóng shivered from the mention of the Demonic lady. She backed away, and her figure faded into streaks of blue.

Leo fought the temptation to laugh out loud. The proud Empress feared this Demonic Lady so much? Just who was she?

Leo learned so many unfamiliar names and met three mythical beings. He could be counted as one too.

Thus, Leo continued exploring the Infernus world on Zhūquè’s back...

38