V8.C4 Blessing
1.8k 8 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Spiera’s smile twitched as if annoyed by her shameless attitude.

“I know your desire to seek strength. The resolve behind your drive to seek the girl.”

Maria’s smile faded, and her gaze sharpened. Her existence was exposed this early in the game, even her past was thoroughly dug. There goes her fortunate days to level up without being bothered.

A fearful look flashed in Spiera’s eyes. It vanished before a second, causing Maria to doubt her vision.

‘Was she scared? Of what? Me?’

“Spiera, was it? Tell me your purpose for seeking me out.”

Spiera smiled, her eyes gleaming with a strange glint. “An angel will look after exceptional individuals to bring balance to the world. Otherwise, the strength of the monsters will surpass humans. The guardian angels will instruct the talented individuals, give them quests and rewards for completing them.”

“Basically a walking RPG quest board?”

Spiera let out a chuckle and sat beside Maria. “You can term it like that. I will be your quest board and you will be my executor. Reasonable, I guess.”

Spiera showed no arrogance like the angel Maria met before. She seemed like a friendly older sister. However, Maria doubted it was as simple as Spiera said.

“Also, about the girl you searched for, I checked her record in Heaven. Someone holding power of high caliber summoned her and many students to their world.”

Maria’s eyes stretched as she grasped Spiera’s shoulders. “Are you talking about Eri, the black-haired girl with glasses?”

Spiera nodded her head. “Yes, it seems. The individual was able to summon her before Earth evolved.”

“Fuck it. What about Leo?”

“I couldn’t find anything on him. The records before the cataclysm are vague. Even finding Nakamura Eri’s record was hard.”

Maria recalled the scene of Leo’s fading figure and sighed.

‘He must have been isekai’d somewhere too.’

She declined any possibility of his death and her trust in Spiera wasn’t enough to spill this secret.

“Your spear skills are rather amazing compared to other humans.”

Maria’s brow raised at the unexpected compliment.

“So?”

“Are you interested in learning more from me?”

Maria’s eyes went round at her question. Learning from a transcendent being, wasn’t this too good to be true?

“It is up to you to accept it or decline. I wished to see how far a human can go to fulfill their desires.”

“Okay, I accept but I have one condition.” Maria grinned. “You will help me find Eri.”

‘Your attitude says you want to recruit me no matter what and I’ll be a fool to not exploit this opportunity.’

Spiera thought for a moment before nodding her head. “That won’t be a problem. I’ll send my subordinates to check all lower worlds. But it might take years, and also you should expect—”

“I know. I know! Dammit, don’t remind me of that!”

“Then, let’s start your training.”

“Right now?”

“Yes.”

Maria picked up the spear and pointed at Spiera.

“Bring it on!”

Spiera smiled and a wooden spear appeared in her hands.

“As you wish.”

---

At night, Maria laid on the bed and closed her eyes. The gentle onee-san turned out to be worse than a spartan warrior. Compared to this, the training she put herself through seemed like a child’s play. Instead of teaching, the woman straight out thrashed her left and right. Every muscle and fiber of her body screamed in pain. As much as she wished for revenge, this woman’s skills were genuine. She evaded each of her attacks with minimum effort.

Suddenly, her body relaxed, and the pain vanished. She glanced at Spiera looking out of the window and felt genuinely confused.

‘Was it because of that unidentifiable passive skill?’

She pushed back the thought and admired the woman deep in thoughts. Her beauty seemed no less than Na YuNa right now.

‘Dang, another one. How am I supposed to feel now?’

She shook her head and focused on sleeping.

---

Another month flew by, Maria put all her attention in hardcore training. Her perversion soared from the strange healing skill. She would be beaten to the point Spiera questioned herself if this was right. Not that she really enjoyed the pain, but the desire to become stronger diminished the physical pain she felt.

The results were obvious. Her Spearmanship increased to Lv 42 and Close quarter combat went up to Lv 35. Even her absurdly strong body improved, albeit by a low margin. She underestimated her own potential.

Right now, she sat on the bed and tried to sense the mana. After Spiera arrived, she found it easier to control this energy swirling closer to her chest.

‘Just the presence of higher existences like me stimulate the mana in the surroundings.’

She remembered Spiera’s words and smiled. This angel became a friend of hers, but she knew the chances of Spiera choosing her over Heaven were completely zero.

‘The path won’t be easy but I can do it!’

Then, an abrupt line of text shadowed her eyes.

[You have fulfilled the conditions to acquire the blessing of the Goddess of passion.]

[You have received the blessing of the Goddess of passion! When your health decreases below 25%, your resistance and attack power rises by 50%.]

She clutched and banged her aching head on the soft bed. The pain only increased over time until a cool feeling filled her head and took away all the pain.
She sat up, gobsmacked by the blessing. Her passion for Leo even touched God’s heart.

“Maria?” Spiera mouth went round. “Your eyes changed…”

Maria took the mirror sitting on the bedside and noticed the change. Her usual chestnut-coloured eyes became mesmerizing scarlet.

She glanced at Spiera and told her the truth since it looked like she also realized it.

“I just received the blessing of God of passion.”

Spiera nodded with a soft smile. “I didn’t think two people from Earth would receive God’s blessing.”

Maria tilted her head. “Who is the other one?”

“You don’t know?” Spiera questioned with a mischievous smile. “Then I won’t tell.”

“Bitch…” She cursed under her breath. “Is God so free that he blesses anyone he sees?”

Spiera chuckled at her assumption. “No, the ones who grant these blessings aren’t God. They are not even living beings. They are an accumulation of peak records of a special category inside the Akashic records. Their existence only seeks new records to gain more perfection.”

“So the Akashic records thinks my passion can improve his records?”

“Yeah, it seems.”

“Damn, I am one awesome woman!”

“...”

“Unniiiiiiiiiie!”

“Oh no! She is coming.”

The gate flew open, and the obsessed girl came running. She waited no further and threw herself at Maria.

Na YuNa hugged her tightly and rubbed her face on her chest. “Unnie! Unnie! I missed you… I missed you so much!”

‘NO! This girl is going the yuri route!’

She looked at the girl huddled up in her embrace and spotted a difference. YuNa’s presence changed; a holy aura emanated from her entire body, causing a protective feeling to well up inside her chest.

“Cough! Cough!” Spiera coughed to show her presence. “I will take my leave.”

YuNa sharply turned to Spiera. “Wao! As expected of unnie, you also got an angel!”

“Wao! You have one too?”

“Yes.” YuNa turned to the door. “Come in!”

“Hai~” replied someone as they entered the room.

Maria recognized the Angel and her eyes wide. She was none other than haughty angel Feyta, now following the order of YuNa.

She shuddered at the power of this girl.

Yanderes are scary.’

36