V8.C5 Hunt!
1.9k 17 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Na YuNa gradually fell asleep in Maria's embrace. She ignored Feyta's envious glare and released a sigh.

'Why do I have to endure it? Damn it!!! I just want my Leo and no one else!'

Spiera straightened her back, but the hint of scorn didn't escape her senses. She extended her middle toward Spiera, who burst into laughter.

'This angel…'

The door opened again, and this time a man covered in shining armor appeared. The upgraded meatshield for tanking more shots!

He flipped open his helmet and glared at her. "As much as I hate to say it, you made me realize my feelings for her. I proclaim you as my rival from now on!

"And, please look after YuNa. She completed the one-year training in one month. That's how much she pushed herself."

He declared and strutted out of the room, leaving her speechless. Spiera turned toward the window, her body jerking.

"Fuck you bastard!"

She pushed YuNa to the side and retired to the bed. Although she hated the prospect of yuri, she still saw YuNa as a problematic little sister.

Slightly annoyed and troubled, she went to sleep. Tomorrow would be another grind fest.

Next day,

Maria woke up at noon and found YuNa still sleeping. She shrugged and went for the bath. However, the gazes she felt on the way puzzled her. Although she always got it for her 'beauty', today they increased a lot. Even females had a fervent look in their eyes, sending chills down her spine.

She resisted the urge to show double middle fingers to all of them and took a bath.

'The blessing made me more gorgeous? I hope it gives me ever-lasting youth.'

After a quick lunch, Maria ate lunch. Suddenly, a small bird-like creature flew toward her.

"Spiera?"

"Yes. It's me." A childish voice came from the chibi adorable version of Spiera.

'Time for revenge!'

She took Spiera in her palm and gave her heavy pats. Only stopping when a sharp object poked her palm.

"Don't try that again!" Spiera pointed her toothpick sized spear at Maria. "It's annoying."

Then she headed out with the new Saintess and holy meatshield to conquer another dungeon. The places they could go were limited because the monsters that spawned everywhere were beyond Lv 100s. She wanted to go out with one of them, but the aftermath would cause every eye to gather on her.

She leaned on the comfortable seat of the caravan.

But, now her little sister held enough power to make the Elforce's king beg in mercy. The church's influence in this country was second to none.

She wanted to obtain new battle skills and titles and most importantly, battle experience against monsters, which was only possible in battles. After all, their levels and skills would reset after returning to Earth. Still, the titles would remain, and relearning the skills would be much easier.

"I can help you in entering Lv 50 dungeons."

Maria's ears perked up at Spiera's words. She recalled one such dungeon existence. The information came from the soldiers talking to each other. Located far outside the city, the monsters there were still unidentified.

'Status.'

[Maria Evans]

[Human Berserker Lv14]

[Title - None]

[Strength - 116 Agility - 120 Health - 163 Magic - 63]

[Active Skills - None]

[Passive Skills - Unidentifiable, Close Quarter combat Lv 35, Spearmanship Lv 42, Sword Master Lv 27, Marksmanship Lv 32, Language Lv 4, Blood Ritual Lv 1.]

The stats elated her, but her ability to use mana on top of Blood ritual and the blessing from the god of passion gave her confidence to survive even a 3rd Class monster. After all, mana made the skills and stats more effective. Killing 2nd Class monsters wasn't impossible.

It was time to jump ranks and bitchslap the mobs!

"Can I enter a dungeon meant for Level fifty and above?"

"Yes, but are you sure about going there? You are still a warrior who recently gained her first class. I don't want you to get greedy and risk it all."

"Hah, this Maria never shies away from dangers. Recklessness is our family tradition at this point." She turned to YuNa dozing beside her. "YuNa, wanna enter a level fifty dungeon?'

"Wao! Isn't it too much for newbies like us?"

"Leave the offense to me, you two will focus on protecting my back."

Maria arrived at the rather challenging dungeon and the requirement flashed in her vision.

[Restricted for all below Lv50]

Spiera flew from her head and stopped right before the blurry vortex.

"Even a warrior angel like me can control the traps of destruction."

The text disappeared from her vision as Spiera whispered. "Traps of destruction?"

"The dungeon is a trap set up to lure monsters, who see it as a bundle of records and get imprisoned inside it."

"Another question, what are records exactly? The information recorded inside the Akashic record?"

"You could say that. Everything that comes in contact with mana gets recorded inside the Akashic record. May they be a life form, an animated object, or even a speck of insignificant dust."

"Ohh…" Maria nodded. "It's time to rake in XP in millions!!!"

"Expppp!"

She turned to HaJin sweating buckets from the hot weather and spotted fear inside his eyes. A condescending smirk formed on her face.

He blushed and pulled out the longsword from his back and held the metal tower shield in his right hand.

"Eww."

The trio entered the dungeon which appeared to be a cave with no ceiling instead the roof was clear. The surroundings were well lit, decreasing the chances of any ambush.

"Keep your eyes open for anything."

"Okaaay."

"Understood."

The trio moved in the routes leading deeper into the cave. After ten minutes of walking, Maria spotted a monster. A tail and body similar to a serpent, it stood on two legs and its rooster head picked on its draconic wings. Even standing, the presence it gave off made her shudder.

"Cockatrice?"

"Unnie, it is scaaary…" YuNa clung on to her arm.

"Stay silent and buff me up."

"Oh, Goddess Leytna give power to my unnieee."

Maria looked at with disbelief. What kind of chant was this? Yet a light came from YuNa's hands and entered her body. Strength filled her body, and adrenaline rushed to her body.

"Step back."

She squeezed the shaft of the spear in her right hand and took half a step forward. While pushing the mana near her heart to her hand, she drew back the spear and threw it forward with every bit of her strength.

Only one attack to end it!

The spear, which contained all of her strength and multiple buffs, drew a dull grey streak in the air and directly struck the cockatrice's chicken head.

*Screech!!!*

With the spear stuck in its head, it howled out for several seconds before it collapsed in a pool of blood.

[Critical hit!]

[You have earned 160,500 experience.]

[You have become level 19. 7 Health, 4 Magic, 6 Strength, 3 Agility increases.]

[You have earned the record of Lv57 Cockatrice.]

[You have earned a new title - 'Just one hit to close the curtains'. Critical rate increases by 10%]

[You have learned the skill [Draconic Force]. When activated, physical strength would be enhanced by 25%.]

"Oh…" She lifted her hands and exclaimed, "Ohhhhh!"

YuNa grasped her head, possibly from the pain of leveling up. 

"Waooo! I got two levels!"

Their voices echoed in the caves, and from a distance, rumbles arrived.

The cheers invited a monster's party!

38