V8.C6 Rise
1.8k 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maria ran over and picked the spear from the cockatrice’s corpse.

“BinJin, defend YuNa. Let me deal with them.” (A/N:- BinJin - Trash Jin.)

She grinned and waited. The risks were high, so were the rewards. Her body held way more potential to hide like cowards. The high stats in the start, the strange passive skill, and now this overpowered skill. She wasn’t a normal human.

‘Is it related to you?’

Of course, no one bothered to answer her confusion. Spiera plopped on her head and brushed her hair.

“That attack was splendid… Is love really so powerful?”

“You bet your ass it is… they arrived!”

Three cockatrices of similar sizes and one in the back towering over them.

She licked her lips in anticipation. The experience would spike her level to the late 30s at the very least.

With the spear in hand, the berserker rushed toward her foes. Taking a second to adapt to her unearthly agility, she closed the distance. At the same time, the three cockatrices spread their beaks and breathed ghastly flames.

“Spiera save your ass from burning!”

The flames imbued with mana approached. Something inside her compelled her to face it head-on. She obeyed her instincts and kept pushing while flailing the spear to ward off any flame near her face.

“Fuck, it’s so fun!”

This was the first time that her mind truly relaxed after Leo left. Faced with battle, her instincts ran wild. The monsters shrunk back, turned tail, and ran. It showed their back to her in the process. Maria grasped the opportunity and jumped.

“Draconic force!”

She announced her attack like a chuuni and swung the spear. Shredding through the scales, the spear ripped out its flesh causing a high screech from its mouth. Maria dodged through the wings flapping frenziedly and reached right below its mouth.

“Please make unnie strooonger!”

This blessing gave even more strength than before.

The largest one still stood with its chest high. Unlike the others, it showed no fear to her mysterious race. The two locked into a staring contest of sorts with high pitched singing in the background. She moved first by lifting the spear and piercing the throat of the chicken begging for death.

[Critical hit!]

[You have earned 161,800 experience.]

[You have become level 23. 4 Health, 3 Magic, 5 Strength, 4 Agility increases.]

[You have earned the record of Lv59 Cockatrice.]

As she took care of the first one, the boss huffed and breathed out fire worthy of its title. She held the spear stabbed in the chicken’s throat and like an acrobat, she flipped and landed on its head. Her refined movements caused YuNa to clap in appreciation.

The ever so condescending smirk remained etched on her face as she rolled to the side, dodging another blast of flame. Not that she feared the flames or anything. The only thing she hated was that her face might get burned.

“Come at me bitch!”

She dashed in different directions. Her plan was to flush out its mana before finishing its miserable life. Her stamina already reached its peak when she leveled up.

And her plan succeeded after five minutes of cat-and-mouse game. Now, breathing heavily, the chicken eyed her and a sense of fear emanated from its whole being, as if it realized its approaching doom and shrieked.

“Nah boy, you won’t be the one to defy the heavens. That place is reserved for me.” Saying so, she charged at the chicken.

The chicken turned around and its tail swept over to her. The slight distance forced her to block instead of dodging. The scaled tail slapped the steel spear and almost bent it. She quickly deflected the tail away and cursed,

“Fucking cheap weapon.”

She made up her mind to buy a fresh one with the materials of this chicken and jumped. The chicken opened its maw with defiance in its eyes and tried to take a bite out of her. She twisted her body in the air and threw the spear with extra force.

“Die!”

The spear disappeared inside its mouth and its chickeny eyes bulged. With a shocking boom, its body collapsed over.

[You have earned 187,500 experience.]

[You have become level 27. 5 Health, 4 Magic, 4 Strength, 3 Agility increases.]

[You have earned the record of Lv65 Cockatrice.]

She slew the chicken nearly thrice her level.

“Amazing!” Spiera whispered. “But don’t get cocky. It specialized in flames instead of brute strength.”

“Wao! I’m amazing!” She used this chance to compliment herself. “BinJin, throw me that sword.”

HaJin silently tossed the longsword and held the shield with both hands.

[Sturdy longsword]

[Rank - Unique]

[Attack Power - 200]

[Durability - 150/160]

[Options - Attack power increases by 5%]

[A sword crafted by an experienced craftsman to marginally improve strength.]

“I can’t believe this bastard was hoarding this treasure. Spiera what are options? Are they like the enchantments in RPGs?”

“Yeah. Making artifacts with useful options is harder and only those with high level mana crafting can use it.”

“Unnie, don’t worry. I’ll ask the pope for a good spear.”

She patted YuNa’s head. “That’s my good sister.”

‘I won’t deny a free gift.’

With the extra long blade, she skinned the chicken, carefully took out each intact scale, butchered its body, and found her bloodied spear poking its intestines.

[You have learnt Dismantling Lv 1.]

It was badly damaged and gave off a disgusting stench. She declined using such weapon.

Leaving HaJin to look after her possessions, she ran to hunt the remaining two chickens. But her lucky star shone once again. She found the two of them lurking around dozens of eggs!

After thinking between a spicy omelette or a sweet cake, she raised a question at Spiera.

“Spiera, will they give me experience?”

“They will.”

“Owww!”

“...”

She quickly beheaded the chickens, a feat impossible for her shitty spear, and playing with eggs. The egg contents splashed on the walls and floors. Even YuNa joined her in smashing the eggs.

After the small funny moment, they dismantled the two chickens. Maria’s dismantling rose to level 2 with this.

This dungeon seemed quite strange with only five monsters. Maybe that was the reason the Church didn’t bother to clear it up. Who’d come out of their way to kill five monsters.

She packed all the useful stuff into the bag and surprisingly, the fire chickens had a magic stone in their head. The two spoiled rich brats refused to take, so she once again pocketed it. She became quite rich herself with a dozen magic stones.

Like the last venture, today was a solid profit!

37