V8.C9 Advancement
1.9k 8 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maria’s bike roared through the ruined streets of Japan. The 4th Class monster spawned far away than her earlier predictions. Probably the center of Tokyo. Handling the bike with one hand, she shot the monsters running towards the 4th Class monster. Each bullet attacked the weakest part of the monster, a feat only achievable with high level marksmanship.

The people everywhere stood as if lost at what to do next. The despairing expression made her uncomfortable.

After another ten kilometers, she spotted the giant figure in the distance.

“It just had to be an absurd monster from Japanese mythology.”

The eight heads revealed themselves as they spat purple fire all over the battlefield, illuminating the tragic night.

“I can only assume that the monster mutated after absorbing the records from Japan.”

Maria knocked up the speed to the best. “You mean it consumed the stories?’

“Yes. Even those are considered records.”

The intense aura around the monster chilled her to the core. She just had to cause a single wound, and she would level up.

Suddenly, one of its heads exploded into smithereens.

“It’s him.”

“Who? The spear guy?”

“Yes. His name is Yu Ilhan from what I heard. One angel is already head over heels for him.”

“He is already 4th Class?”

“No. He is… 2nd Class.”

“The heck?” She uttered. “That’s a bug. I call for GM! Now!”

“Look at yourself before saying it. That guy suffered a lot for attaining this strength.” Spiera berated as she pulled her hair.

“...”

In a minute, she met a dead end. A fight was occurring on the road ahead. Several humanoid lizards fighting humans. Maria spotted a familiar face in the group. The thundering bike attracted their attention as well.

“Unniiiieee!!!”

‘No, please don’t. I beg of you.’

The saintess fled the battlefield and approached.

“Please stop!”

Maria released a sigh and pressed the brakes.

“I am not in the mood to talk about that.” She states beforehand. Orochi took her priority for now.

“Unnie, I too want to stop it. So please slay it. I know you can do it!”

She got off the bike and nodded at YuNa. “Buff me good then.”

“Buff my unnie real goood!”

YuNa’s chants were nonsensical. However, the effects it gave to Maria were immense. Her entire body surged with strength, and her mana squirmed in her chest as if appreciating it.

She opened the spatial bag and pulled out a spear adorned with silver engravings. The man fighting the Orochi held on for now. The way he used the spear caught her attention.

“He also has max spearmanship skill.”

“Wao!”

Maria exclaimed and kicked the ground. She ignored the 2nd and 3rd Class monsters’ attacks, or rather she welcomed them with open arms. The pain brought her no pleasure, but it activated her passive skill [Blood Ritual]. Blocking the attacks aiming for her head, she rushed past the monsters, and dashed through the collapsed streets to arrive near Yamata no Orochi.

The giant snake with eight tails and seven heads spat purple orbs at Yu Ilhan. The guy jumped around in the air, meticulously dodging each attack. Purple flames burned everything in the vicinity. The heat pricked her cheeks even from a distance.

She glanced at her weapon and shook her head. Wounding this monster would take everything just because her weapon was garbage.

She concentrated on the method Yu Ilhan utilized to double jump in the air.

‘Great.’

She holstered the spear on her back and sprinted. Achieving her desired speed in seconds, she leaped over the fire.

Now in the air, she pushed the mana to her legs. Her mana as wild as her own fighting class, swirled below her feet and created a wild suction. Instead of falling, her feet stopped in the air.

“Wao! I can fly!”

[You have learnt the skill, Fly. When activated, uses your mana and gives you the ability to hover in the air.]

The skill barely took a toll on her mana pool. Orochi spotted her and spat out a lump of flames at her. Yu Ilhan threw an annoyed glance at her, which she ignored and swung down the spear. Although the flames dissipated, the spear tip sizzled from the horrifying flames.

Her buffs were about to end. She had no choice but to do it quickly.

‘Bring me up.’

The mana obeyed her and boosted her up. Ignoring the throwing flames coming, she threw the spear with all her might.

The silver spear burst out with an explosive force, scattered all the flames and descended like a meteor. The spear boosted with her inhumane strength and the power of gravity crashed on Orochi’s head, exploding it into lumps of flesh and purple blood. It raised all six heads and simultaneously roared. The painful cry echoed through Tokyo.

“That was nice.”

Maria clapped her hands at Spiera’s compliment and the texts she longed to see appeared in her vision.

[You have fulfilled the job advancement criteria. Attaining advancement to Chaotic berserker.]

And she succeeded!

[You have become a Chaotic berserker. A warrior whose existence spreads chaos onto a battlefield. Attack power increases by 30% during large-scale battles. 20% chances of inflicting fear to enemies.]

[You have become level 85. 55 Strength, 62 Health, 38 Agility, 34 Magic increases.]

[You have learned the skill, Dragon’s cry. The roar boosts allies attack power by 10% and casts a random debuff on enemies with a 5% chance to reduce their stats by 50%.]

[You can acquire a subclass]

[Skill [??]  is awakening… Sealed...]

[You have earned a new title - ‘?? Bride’. Negates all status effects and reinvigorates stamina and health. Increases fire resistance by 500%.]

As her lips parted in surprise, a terrible headache assaulted her and her body trembled. She grabbed onto her fading consciousness and tried to use her mana. However, her condition gave her no leeway to use mana.

With no support, she plummeted from such a height that her chances of survival looked closer to zero.

‘Spiera... do something!’

She waited, but no one helped. Then, her limp body kept falling until a sudden impact hit her stomach.

“Gugh!”

The blow from Orochi’s tail forced out every bit of air from her lungs as she flew and her back crashed into something hard. 

She slumped on the wall and spat out a mouthful of blood. Her lips squeezed into a grin.

“I… advanced.” She coughed out more blood. “Spiera left… huh. Traitor.”

She already expected it to happen at some point. But, the betrayal during a battle… Shaking her head, she staggered on to her feet, despite her body begging to lie down and rest.

Just then, the familiar coolness refreshed her body and eliminated her pain.

The new title confirmed that Leo was alive. He was the only man she ever shared a bed with.

‘Leo wasn’t a human. For his name to stay unidentified by Akashic record, is he a God or something? Is he also the reason my stats didn’t reset? Then what am I?’

The lizard will suffer for giving her pain. Her instincts told her that eventually it will die miserably. With her injuries healed and the upgraded stats from advancing, she was completely assured to kill it. No, she wanted to kill it with her own hands.

She walked out of the building and snatched a sword from a random ability user. The heat coming from purple flames became nonexistent. The title effect showed its true effect.

She recklessly rushed into the flames and surprisingly, her body and even her armor came out unscathed.

The two heads of Orochi darted at her with jaws wide open while the others rushed at Yu Ilhan. She raised her sword to strike. However, before her sword struck, she froze from the sudden feeling in her heart. The “warmth” flooding her heart turned her vision blurry.

In the next moment, her feet left the ground as two hands picked her up. The man carrying her had very familiar features. But a pair of curly black horns grew from his head, making him similar to Demon and the golden eyes narrowed to slits resembled those of a “Dragon”.

She reached out to touch the man’s face, but pulled back in fear he disappeared again.

The man’s lips curled in an affectionate smile as he clasped her hand and placed it on his cheeks.

“Maria, sorry for being late.”

“Leo!”

49