V8.C27 Battle of serpents
1.6k 6 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feyta trembled, even her higher league soul couldn't help her before Na YuNa. She didn't know the reason for this fear.

‘I have to do it… for the Lord Greed.’

Feyta, refusing to let her new boss down, slapped her cheeks, and met Na YuNa’s gaze head-on. “W-Why are you moping like this when t-the world is facing a crisis?” her voice became feeble at the end of her question.

“I see…” Na YuNa muttered as she looked at her hands. “MiRae must be fighting alone.”

“Exactly!” Feyta almost jumped in joy. “Miss Kang MiRae can't do it all alone.”

“Then.” Na YuNa said and buried her face in her knees. “I can't. I will fuck up everything if I go like this.”

Feyta leaped on the bed and patted Na YuNa’s back with shivering hands.

“Miss, I have an idea… that can get you together with Miss Maria.”

Na YuNa looked up and shook her head. “Unnie is happy and that is enough for me.”

Feyta firmed her gaze. “But you can be both happy together!”

Na YuNa turned to her with raised brows. “What does that mean?”

“You saw the boyfriend of Miss Maria?” Feyta continued with a sincere smile, “He not only has Miss Maria but many wives at his home.”

Na YuNa’s eyes opened wide. She never imagined that the man Maria loved would have a harem.

“So… you are suggesting I join his harem?”

Feyta nodded her head repeatedly while laughing on the inside. “That would make everyone happy.”

Na YuNa brought her hand near Feyta’s face and stroked her cheeks. A bright smile appeared on Feyta’s face.

‘Only one strand of his hair is enough for Lord Greed to read his records. I must approach him and take it,’ Feyta thought.

Feyta didn't know the feelings of humans. She, however, saw many tragedies occurring due to rampant emotions.

“Wao… you are smart. No, you are the smartest angel I have ever met,” Na YuNa praised.

“Hehe.”

*Slap!*

Feyta’s giggle ended when a strong slap hit her cheeks. 

Na YuNa smiled with closed eyes. “You think I will spread my legs just to bring troubles to Unnie’s life?”

“I…”

“Get out of here!”

Na YuNa stared at Feyta’s back as she ran out of the room. She felt disgusted when Feyta’s idea sounded tempting for a moment.

I don't hate him but… throwing myself in his arms, so I could stay with Unnie… that's fucked up.

She shook her head. “I should help MiRae.”

Her current state was rather unpleasant, so she took a cold shower to calm her thoughts.

After getting ready, she called Kang MiRae and found that she also stayed in Japan to deal with the aftermath.

The politics that Na YuNa detested and even acted childishly to avoid, was the field where Kang MiRae shone the brightest.

---

Na YuNa arrived at Kang MiRae’s apartment and rang the bell. Her friend opened the door, wearing a simple formal suit.

“MiRae, let's smash some dungeeeeons!”

“No, I'm busy. There is a group of rogue ability users on a rampage.”

“Wao! Some secret organization finally decided to show up.”

Kang MiRae rubbed her forehead and closed the door. “You didn't hear the voice that was heard throughout the world yesterday?”

“What voice?” Na YuNa tilted her head. “I was sleeping the whole day.”

Kang MiRae started to explain. Na YuNa realized that it could be related to the unknown man’s wives. She didn't understand why some people hated him so much. He saved the world from a disaster and revived thevictims 

So why the hate? Sure, he doesn't look like a human because of those horns and wings. But planning to kill him...

She once again realized how shitty politics can get.

“Leave it and come level up with meee!”

“Fine. What am I gonna do with you.”

Kang MiRae changed into her combat outfit. Na YuNa called Kang HaJin, who just happened to be waiting outside a dungeon.

Na YuNa and Kang MiRae also headed there.

---

Leo flew toward a dungeon he found on his map since it was the nearest to his location. Teleporting there would ruin his precious time with his daughter.

Myu stuck to his chest, throwing her gaze from one corner to another.

“Papa’s world is noisy.”

“The noise is kinda lower than before.”

Myu nodded and continued her search. The tall building reflected the daylight, noisy steel boxes whisking around on the streets, and a clamoring crowd.

Minutes later, Myu’s eyes stopped on a vortex in a rather isolated area.

“Papa, there is the dungeon!”

The knowledge from the television helped her identify it.

“Okay, here we go!”

Leo undid his wings and teleported right before the dungeon gate.

---

Standing before the gate, a dozen ability users hollered, inviting party members. Everyone wanted to go inside to clean up the dungeon and obtain the materials from the boss Ogre — all for the money.

Kang HaJin crossed his arms and tapped his right foot. He came here today to blow off some steam and level up. Just as he was about to join a random party, his sister called him to wait.

A sigh escaped his lips as he remembered his crush. He still couldn't confess his feelings.

The shouts came to an halt, eveything went silent. He raised his brow and turned to the right and froze.

A silver-haired man stood beside him. Yet, he couldn't sense his presence. Just from a glance at him, fear gripped his heart and cold sweat drenched his forehead. 

The man also turned to face him, his heterochromatic eyes stealing his attention. However, Kang HaJin’s eyes widened.

That face, he is the boyfriend of Miss Maria! The famous Ryūjin! Were those voices related to him?

Kang HaJin thought and looked at the little girl in Ryūjin's arms. She had emerald hair and peculiar fin-like ears, that only meant she was a monster.

“Oh, you are the guy with Maria’s friend?”

“Yeah… Na YuNa is… my friend,” Kang HaJin replied stiffly.

The man gave a nod before heading inside the dungeon.

What does he want to do there with a little girl? Should I go inside with MiRae and YuNa?

He wondered while looking at the frozen crowd.

---

“Papa, that’s a monster!” Myu pointed at a snake with a horn protruding from its head.

Leo nodded while discussing with Jen.

‘Jen, how do I give a quest to Myu?’

(I will do it.)

“Papa, Myu heard a voice. She calls herself Jen.”

‘Jen?’

(I can also use the network to talk to your subordinates.)

‘Wow. Jen can finally talk to someone besides me… you don't know how happy I am.’

(Happy my ass. You are just thinking about the loss of your blackmail materials.)

Leo clicked his tongue and let down Myu.

“Did you receive a quest?”

“Yes. Myu received three quests.”

[Quests designated to Myu]
[Quest #1 (Rank C) – Kill five monsters above Lvl 20.
Reward – Level +1.]

[Quest #2 (Rank C) – Reach Lvl 30
Reward – E-Rank Skillbook]

[Quest #3 (Rank B)– Kill a boss monster.
Reward – 2 hours of headpats from Leo, D-Rank Magic Rifle.]

‘Why the fuck am I included in the rewards?!’

(Because you are the best reward for your daughter with a father complex.)

Her rebuke left him speechless. However, he couldn't deny that Myu loved him a little too much.

(I can tweak the rewards a bit to motivate your subordinate.)

‘...Fine.’

The horned serpent couldn’t notice two hunters eying him from the distance.

“Myu, I will leave it to you.” Leo pushed her back and undid the concealment on her. “Do your best.”

Myu gave a stern gaze and thrust both hands toward the monster. Her hands glowed before a wave of water burst from her hands, spiralling, it took the form of a serpent.

“Get blasted, nano!”

The water serpent made of pure water closed the distance in a second and chomped down on the horned serpent's scaled body — its fangs made of liquid easily sunk into the monster’s body.

*Hiss!*

Whimpering, the monster swept its tail, hitting nothing as the water serpent dispersed into the water.

“Vepar-san, you can do it, nano!”

Did she just call it Vepar? The Great Duke of hell?

Leo marveled at the naming sense of his daughter.

Meanwhile, Vepar twisted, turned, chomped, twisted yet again and bit the head of the monster. Scorning its dead opponent, Vepar raised its head, and hissed, proclaiming victory.

The Lv 42 monster died, giving three levels to Myu.

Edited by NB

Shout out to T-Money and T Williamson for choosing the highest tier on pat.reon.

Read a week chapters in advance at patre.on.com/Revengelord

44