V3.C11 Fris Town, On the Ship
3.6k 2 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo drove Drachen towards the port town Fris, Hearst's gaze was fixed on him for some reason. Her wounds were all healed now thanks to her high endurance.

"Hearst?"

"Yes, Master."

"How many apostles are there now in Tortus? Do they all possess same strength as you?"

"Commander Noint with 2 others in the church and I'm not the strongest."

"Ehit summoned people from another world just to entertain himself?"

"Yes, Ehit wanted to improve his game, also he wanted to find a worthy vessel for himself."

His brow shot up in surprise. "Ehit doesn't have a body?"

Hearst shook her head to confirm his thoughts. "His body is already rotten to the extreme... none of the Apostles know how long he has lived."

His eyes turned to Yue who lazily rested her head on his lap.

'I feel that her being sealed in Abyss and the extinction of the Vampire race has something to do with Ehit finding a vessel for himself.'

"Can you open the path to Asgard?"

"No… the connection broke when Master touched my head."

'So, she can't enter Valhalla, still, her battle prowess is fearsome. I need to hasten my plans for labyrinths and create some more artifacts.'

After a few hours of driving…

The deserted ground became grassy and lusher as they drew near the town. Finally arriving at the port town Fris, the first thing that took Leo's attention was the ocean in distance, the sunlight reflected on the surface of deep blue water mesmerized Leo, an inhabitant of modern earth.

Shea and Yue also gaped at the sight while Myu had a nostalgic smile on her face. Others didn't see this or they might have retorted reflexively.

The party got out of Drachen and entered the town on foot. The guard asked about Hearst, who was covered by a loose robe, her armor would be too eye-catching here. They showed her face, the guard gawked at her beauty.

Lately, Leo had gotten irritated by everyone ogling his women, even though Hearst wasn't his, she was still his responsibility. He intimidated the guard until he nearly fell unconscious and entered the town.

A row of wooden huts entered his sight, the wide streets filled with people. Narrowing his eyes in slits, he gazed at the port in the west. Large ships lined up there with people in line to get on them.

"We need to hurry, or we'll miss the ride."

The group ran in the streets, their figures were like a blur in the eyes of people. Myu sat on Leo's shoulder and giggled in excitement to get a ride on her papa's shoulder.

"Papa~ Go faster~, you can do it~"

He shook his head and grabbed her legs tighter and increased his speed.

They saw the ship lifting off the anchor. Leo kicked the ground to jump and landed on the ship, the girls also did the same.

"W-What?"

The guards cautiously unsheathed their sword.

"This ship is heading to Erisen, right?"

"Yes," answered the man wearing a dress like a captain.

"Can you take us there? We'll pay twenty thousand Luta."

Others swallowed their dry saliva in greed. Captain was the same.

"Sure, but payment..."

Leo tossed a pouch of coins at him. The captain counted the black coins inside the pouch and nodded in affirmation.

"Someone show them one room! These lads will be VIPs."

"No need, we are fine here, how much time will it take to reach Erisen?"

"5 to 6 hours, depending on wind speed."

Leo nodded and sat on the large sofa he took out from inventory. Yue immediately sat on his right knee, Shea sat on his right side while Hearst silently settled on his left. Myu slowly slipped on his left knee.

Leo shook his head and practiced using spatial magic. He took out a ring and tried to enchant it with spatial magic with a mental image of expanding the space inside the hollow gem of the ring.

[Mana Crafting successful]

He added another enchantment [Control] for storing and summoning the objects and [Mental Immunity]. Seeing the beautiful silver ring with a blue gem, he sighed in satisfaction.

"Shea, give me your hand."

She raised her head in confusion and showed both her hands.

He gently pushed the blue ring on the ring finger of her left hand.

"Huh!?"

It took a moment for her to realize what happened. She stared at the ring in amazement.

"Thanks, Leo-san. Finally~ I got my own ring!" she pumped her fist in the air and yelled.

"...Quiet down," said Yue, feeling annoyed at the noise.

"Hai~"

"Papa, what is the ring for?"

He hesitated a little before speaking, "It's a symbol that we will always stay together."

"Symbol? Then Myu also need it!"

He sighed before binding an emerald green ring to a silver chain.

"Here, are we good now?"

"Yay~ But give this to Mama. Mama needs it more than Myu~"

"....."

'She is one clever kid.'

"Take it, I'll make another for your mother."

"Thanks~"

He discussed with Yue about potential magic spells they could make with spatial magic. Yue had already constructed a basic spell from it.

She usually came off as lazy, but her mind was always busy creating new spells. The spell she created was expanding the space to defend against any attack. It was still not perfected enough to instantly cast it.

"We'll practice using it in Erisen, and try to create a teleportation spell."

"...Nn, it's possible but requires tremendous mana."

"I'll try to craft an artifact with that spell and don't forget Hearst, she has an infinite amount of mana."

He glanced at Hearst still looking at him with a blank expression.

"All Apostles have infinite mana?"

"...Our crystal heart provides an infinite amount of mana."

'Jen, how much will that heart sell for?'

(Depends on the quality, they are a pure concentration of mana by themself. The price can go up to 100,000SP, even if it looks infinite, they are just borrowing mana from Asgard.)

'Borrowing? So Ehit didn't notice her taking mana from his base? Just how lazy is that bastard? 100,000SP, I can buy a lot of things with that.'

He had 126000SP right now, barely away from buying [Chains of Heaven].

He leaned against the sofa and closed his eyes, ignoring the envious looks people shot at him.

A few hours later…

"Young lad, wake up! Erisen is near!"

He rubbed his eyes and looked at Shea and Yue dozing off. He lightly traced his finger clad in lightning across the bodies of Shea and Yue to wake them up… gently.

He stored the stuff and gazed at the city called Erisen, the city floating on top of the ocean. Myu held his hand tightly, her hands were trembling a little.

"Ah, Leo-san, it really is a city built on water."

Shea said excitedly while he was distracted by the tears building in Myu eyes. He kneeled down and hugged her gently while brushing her hair.

"Daddy is here, so don't worry," he tried to say this as kindly as possible.

He couldn't bear to see her cry after spending so much time with her, he naturally grew fond of her and treated her like a sister or maybe a daughter. He didn't know nor did he care.

"Papa, I'm fine now~ So let's go and meet Mama quickly."

She said in her usual energetic voice. He smiled and nodded his head.

The captain stowed the ship at a port and dropped a huge wooden plank. He walked down the wooden plank and stepped on the land of Erisen.

70