V4.C3 The war in Heiligh Kingdom (III)
3.4k 3 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eri stopped the summoning magic circle after it completed the job she intended to do. She glanced at the right side of the battlefield where Kouki and Shizuku fought the black dragon. All their attacks failed to pierce the sturdy scales on its body.

Then her eyes fell on the group of four-eyed wolf monsters and three horse-head monsters tearing through ranks of soldiers without any effort. it wasn't a fight anymore, it was a pure massacre.

'Soldiers alone can't last against these monsters... Ugh! I've got no choice now.'

She inwardly cursed the demons and Hiyama and decided to unleash the spell she hid until now. Otherwise, the Holy Church might have branded her as a heretic.

"Liliana, protect me for a second! Kaori you go and heal the soldiers! Nagumo! Eat the mana pills and transmute some bullets as your life depends on it because it sure as hell do now!"

She released an annoyed sigh and aimed her staff at the battlefield.

"False Life."

A ten meter large dark gray magic circle appeared above dead soldiers and monsters, it disappeared within seconds. The corpses bones cracked creepily and they stood from the ground like zombies.

Eri's aptitude for Dark Magic was extraordinary to begin with and her thirst for strength allowed her to create something unimaginable. The undead revived by her magic had their instincts carved on their souls. If Yue was here she might praise her for honing a spell to nearly the level of ancient magic.

Eri adjusted her glasses and ignored the gazes of everyone fixed on her. Even the demons had a touch of fear inside their eyes.

She smirked at the Demons and ordered the undead to charge inside the fray of monsters.

'I'm not dying here today.'


Tch

Irene clicked her tongue at the never ending horde of monsters, her mana depleted at a faster rate than she expected. Swallowing a tasteless mana pill, she lightly fell to the side and dropped off the wall.

On the ground, she narrowed her glare at the four-eyed wolves standing above the wall.

'Just what are these monsters? Their speed is on another level.'

'I need a vanguard here.'

She glanced around for any suitable meatshield before her eyes stopped on a certain person.

"Oi Musclehead! Come here!"

Ryutaro hearing the voice, quickly ran toward Irene.

"Keep them busy."

"Yes, mam!"

The wolves jumped down the wall and rushed at them, appearing in front of Ryutaro in the next second. Ryutaro's right hand covered in heavy gauntlet, hit the wolf's head.

"Urghhh!"

He grimaced from the sudden pain in his lower body, both wolves bit his legs. He raised his fists to hit their head but they released him and leaped backward

Swoosh! Swiish!

Two sharp spears of ice like a bullet hit the ground near his legs.

"Heaven's blessing, grant thy progeny the strength to fight once more, Divine Ray!"

A gentle ray of light enveloped Ryutaro and the wounds on his legs closed up without any trace. He shot a grateful look at Kaori who supported from behind the soldiers and smacked his gauntlets again each other.

"Bring it on bastards!"

"Fallen spears!"

Irene whispered and five lances of ice rose from the ground under wolves. As if trying to mock her, the wolves dodged the lances swiftly.

'The soldiers are mostly exhausted with the battle and the monster army is still charging. We're going to lose at this rate.'

Her cold expression crumbled under the pressure, the momentary lapse in her concentration allowed a wolf to close in on her.

"Ice Barrier"

A wall of ice rose in front of her, but nothing crashed against it. A sudden chill ran through her body. Trusting her instincts, she hurriedly rolled to the side.

The wolf, as if foreseeing the future, pounced at her and closed its jaw on her throat. She winced in pain and a twisted look replaced it.

"Ice needles!

Sharp ice needles hit the wolf, but it couldn't pierce its thick defense. Her eyes started to droop, the life was slipping out of her slowly. She peered at Ryutaro tangled by the wolf.

'As if I'll die under a mob monster!'

She took out her gun and placed its muzzle on the wolf's head and looked in wolf four eyes, it only had a scornful look in its eyes.

"Fire"

Before the magic circle of the gun could materialize the wolf released her and created some distance.

'This bastard can see the future? Or just prediction?'

The blood loss and exhaustion finally got to her, she slumped on the ground and watched the wolf slowly walking near her, her eyes turned cold.

Bang!


After creating the undead soldiers, Eri swallowed another mana pill.

'This taste sucks.'

She could feel the curious gaze of demons fixed at herself.

'Now, they really want to recruit me for this spell, maybe I should?'

Seeing her friends bitterly fighting against the monsters, she cast away the thought.

Crack

Sound of something cracking brought her back to reality, a four-eyed wolf slashed the barrier with its claws.

"Scorch the heavens, Tidal flames!"

A wave of flames engulfed the barrier. The pieces of barrier hit the wolf and wounded its head neck.

"GRRRR!"

The wolf roared in anger and pounced at Eri.

"Wicked Wrap"

The wolf's eyes lost focus and it fell on the hard ground, Eri quickly aimed her gun at the wolf head.

"Fire!"

Bang!

Instead of being happy, Eri's eyes enlarged from shock. The wolf dodged the bullet by twisting its head as if it knew the trajectory. She hurriedly held Suzu's hand and jumped down the wall.

"Eririn~"

***

Huff Huff

Shizuku breathed heavily and glared at the black dragon. Its defense was too much, even Kouki's cheat Holy sword couldn't get past its god-like defense.

Kouki was getting impatient as the time passed, the mechanical movements of dragon were easy to dodge but his own attacks stopped at its hard scales.

"Shizuku, I'm using it, Limit Break!"

A brilliant white light wrapped around Kouki's body.

"Shizuku! Lily! Protect me!" he yelled and started to prepare for his strongest spell.

How the hell can we protect you against that giant dragon? Shizuku and Liliana wanted to scream in his face.

"Reject all malice and let this be a holy ground that denies thine enemies passage, Hallowed Ground!"

Liliana used her most advanced barrier, a golden wall of mana appeared in front of them.

The dragon opened its mouth and shot flames at them. Even its mana wasn't enough to infinitely throw the compressed beam-like flames.

Liliana wiped the dripping sweat from her forehead when the barrier endured without any damage.

'I hope Kouki-sama can kill it, if not…'

She moved her head and looked at her soldiers dying without much resistance.

"Oh Lord Ehit, please grant them salvation in their afterlife."

The magicians had already finished the chant for Fire element Ritual magic to thin out the numbers.

""Fireball!""

She looked at the gigantic ball of fire flying at the monsters.

"Huh!?"

The next sight nearly stopped her heart, the fireball swirled into a thin whip of fire and went inside the mouth of a large turtle-like monster standing on six feet.

"T-That was a Ritual-class spell. How can something devour it so easily?"

Yet, this was just the start of her nightmare. The turtle opened its jaws and spat out the ball of fire back at the soldiers.

She shut her eyes, unable to bear the sight of the army getting wiped.

A few seconds passed by, no screams reached her. She nervously opened her eyes and stared at the woman standing between Monsters and Soldiers.

A complete silence engulfed the battlefield, even the monsters were flabbergasted, no, terrified from the woman floating in the air, while Humans were entranced by her appearance. The beautiful silver-haired woman with silver wings on her back, she was like an Angel descended into the mortal world.

"I shall slaughter you all for laying your filthy hands on my beloved master family."

Her absolute zero tone reached everyone on the battlefield and sent chills through bodies.

Mikhail's smile faded and his eyes snapped open in horror.

'What is an Apostle doing here?'

Hearst ignored the thousands of gazes directed at her. She was eying the monsters in order to find their worth. The turtle and horse-head monster looked powerful.

'The number of mana crystals, Master will surely love them. What should I ask for as a reward?'

Hearst thought as she summoned one of her greatswords, now greatly enhanced by her Master and swung horizontally, creating a large wind blade mixed with disintegration element.

Swiish~

The wind blade passed through the monsters and bisected them in two parts. The range of her spell exceeded 200m and killed more than a quarter of the monster army.

She landed on the ground and examined the turtle corpse. She smiled and put the large body inside her ring and strolled through the bloodstained battlefield and stored corpses like she was picking groceries in a market.

"The rest are just weak mobs… Should I kill them? No, I'll let Master show his strength here, his ferocious smile when he kills someone… hehe."

79