V8.C31 Intermission: Yu Ilhan’s plans
1.6k 8 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hammering the monster materials inside his workshop — it was another normal productive day for Yu Ilhan, the hero known as Susanoo by the masses.

The angel Lita lazed about on his head, yawning, as they watched him beat the hell out of monster bones until it became flexible like rubber bands — something that occurred almost every day in his workshop.

After fighting with Orochi, he had only rested for four hours using the resting skill, the ability to rest with maximum efficiency.

“Ilhan, why are you making this much ammo for your pile bunker?”

“A backup plan.”

“Are you also against that Dragonman?”

“Nope, he doesn’t seem like a bad guy. Though, he is the type I hate the most,” Yu Ilhan grumbled remembering his loner status.

Lita stroked his hair. “Then why go to all the trouble? You should’ve rested more.”

“I don't want to get caught off guard. There are chances of an evil higher existence popping up to kill me or my family. Haah!” Ilhan struck the hammer with all force. “That I can’t.”

Such were the thoughts of someone who spent millennia achieving impossible things.

Lita shook her head worriedly. She sensed someone and turned around. Yu Ilhan placed the hammer and looked back.

A black-haired angel entered the room. Her face brightened as she saw him. “Yu Ilhan!”

The angel brought nice rewards, Yu Ilhan chuckled.

“Welcome, invited guests.”

“It’s time for rewards.” Erta smiled and touched his hand. “That’s only half.”

Lines of texts appeared in Yu Ilhan’s vision. He smacked his lips. The +7 stats boost and the higher-level skill [curse resistance] was just half of the reward!

“Why so much reward? I didn’t even do much,” he asked.

Erta sighed. “You know we can’t give it to ‘him’. We don't know his relation to other factions.”

“That is true… but does he even need this reward?” Lita voiced out her opinion. A mere stat boost won’t do much for Higher existences.

“No, that's why higher-ups decided to give it to Yu Ilhan.”

Heaven’s army attempted their best to pull in Yu Ilhan.

Erta turned to Lita. “I just found out that the Wall of Chaos opened on the day Yu Ilhan fought Orochi. Spiera was called for reinforcement but we weren’t informed about it.”

“Why?” Lita asked and sharpened her gaze. “Are they thinking we are the traitors?”

“...There is a chance that they think that. But my guess is that higher-ups are forcing us to stay here — to test the Dragonman’s character.”

Lita gave a mirthless laugh. “I see, so we are being used as bait.”

“Lita, calm down and, you too Erta,” Yu Ilhan coaxed, not willing to see their hurt expression.

The angels took deep breaths and tried to calm their pounding heart. Erta decided to distract herself and others with the last reward — a small hourglass with sand frozen inside. She handed it to Yu Ilhan.

Confused, Yu Ilhan took the hourglass and checked its information.

“Wow!” he couldn’t help but exclaim. “All I needed was more time. Erta, you are the best.”

Erta hearing the praise blushed while Lita silently pouted.

The Hourglass of Eternity was just that amazing of an artifact. It gave him the ability to deploy a barrier that froze the flow of time of the outside world. Worthy of a God-ranked artifact.

However, this joy was short lived as another angel intruded into his house. This one was a beautiful one with burning red hair.

“Spiera?” Erta and Lita both called out.

“We don’t have time for this. Earth is about to face the worst catastrophe in any world’s history.”

“What?”

Spiera began to explain. Yu Ilhan and others listened with wide-eyes.

“Nine of them?! How in the heavens is that even possible?” Lita raised the question clouding in everyone’s mind.

“I do not know.” Spiera swept her gaze over the three. “I think we should contact him. I have orders to act as the representative of Heaven’s army and request for ‘his’ aid. We can't let the other factions recruit him or all lower worlds will be doomed.”

“I will use this.” Yu Ilhan pointed at the hourglass. “Two months to prepare for the abandoned worlds.”

“Don’t.” Spiera shook her head. “I don’t know how he will react if it froze his lovers.”

“You mean it won’t freeze him?”

“It won’t if he is the fifth,” Spiera muttered under her breath. “They aren't bound by any rules.”

Yu Ilhan frowned at her words foreshadowing a horrible event. “You guys go. This talk isn’t for me.” Yu Ilhan waved his hand. “See ya.”

He wasn't suited for socialization. So he might as well use the time to create more weapons. 

“Ilhan, are you sure about this?” Spiera pointed at Erta and Lita. “These two are ordered to come with me. Will you let them go into ‘his’ territory? A higher existence who can use his power in a lower world. I’m sure you understand the consequences.”

Yu Ilhan turned to Erta wearing a stern expression but he could notice the anticipation hidden inside them. He inwardly cursed Spiera for being a bitch and nodded his head.

“I will come.”

“Ilhan!”

Lita became bigger and showered kisses on Ilhan’s cheeks — moved by his determination to protect her from a higher existence. Erta watched them, her eyes green with envy.

Spiera’s mind was lost somewhere — she left Maria at the worst timing possible. For the first time in her life, she felt the weight of emotions...

---

A few hours later, the four of them landed in Japan and took a ride to the stunning castle near the center of Tokyo. The Japanese government had already connected this palace to Ryūjin’s territory and bestowed it special privileges. Locals loved to tour the area, all because of the angels guarding the castles.

Yet the owner, Leo, stayed in ignorance. He could never imagine that the palace that the girls created had turned into a famous spot to sightsee.

Yu Ilhan stepped past the outer gate and stared at the palace in the distance. Two things truly stood out in this place — the black dragon sculptures sitting on either side of the golden gate and the golden winged angels. His eyes shook as he sensed their strength.

They are all 4th Class?!

Just one of them almost destroyed Japan and here 4th Class beings acted like guards, trimming the grasses in the garden, cleaning the walls.

What kind of bullshit is this?

“Wow, how could they build this castle in one day?” Erta whispered in disbelief. “And these... winged women are all 4th Class.”

Spiera nodded her head. She also wouldn't acknowledge them as an angel. In her eyes, only those serving the Lord should be titled as such.

“A higher level of mana crafting?” Yu Ilhan squinted his eyes at the gate and walls. “There are traces of magic enchantments here.”

Lita also concentrated. “Yeah, there is more than one defensive spell.”

Spiera shook her head and strode toward the large gate, which suddenly opened and a blonde woman walked out.

“Oh, Spiera, you are here?” Maria asked with a grin. “Never expected you to come here on your own accord.”

“Maria, I...” Spiera shut her lips and looked away. She couldn’t understand why she did it — was this the guilt of abandoning her disciple? But, she also had no choice when God pulled her to Heaven.

Maria noticed the strange expression on Spiera’s face and shook her head. ”If you are here to sightsee, then feel free to do so. I have a meeting with my friend.”

“Unniiiie!”

The saintess had arrived!

40