V8.C38: A stroll in an abandoned world (I)
1.5k 4 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eri finished taking a bath and opened her closet full of black clothes with a few colorful ones. Leo's favorite color had affected her from childhood.

Black — the color of death, fufu.

She settled on a black sundress reaching her knees and a black fedora to cover her head.

"A date in another world."

It was Eri's approach to control their sexual urges. She had sensed Leo's worries over it and quickly gathered the group to create a plan — for Leo to spend time with only one girl at a time until they could suppress their strong instincts to mate.

Occasional orgies are fine though just once a week…

That was the only way she could get an excuse to tease the hell out of Yue and others.

I look pretty fine eh.

(Indeed. You are worthy enough to gain the title of Goddess of Lust.)

Eri knitted her brow at Jen's remark. It had been days since she started interacting with her — though it was rather displeasing that someone had spied on her first time with Leo, she accepted her… begrudgingly.

'Why not the goddess of beauty?'

(Someone already holds the title.)

'Let me guess, it's you.'

(I am but a mere spirit of a broken Goddess. How could I be a Goddess of Beauty? Though I wish I was one, so I could seduce my handsome Leo away from all of you.) 

'You sound like a yandere.'

(Hehe, I might be one. Be careful.)

'...This damn spirit.'

She gave a last look at the mirror and strolled out of the room.

Outside the castle, Eri looked at Leo flicking the string of a beautiful pitch-black blow with blue runes engraved on it. It was pretty large for a handbow. Leo turned to her and squinted his eyes.

"You look gorgeous."

"I appreciate the compliment." Eri gave him a look over. "Though you could use some better clothes right here."

Leo shrugged his shoulders. "You know I don't care much about my appearance."

"You still look uselessly handsome like usual."

It's better like this, it reduces our competition.

(What about the ones who already love him? There are many women from the Haulia tribe and many others.)

'I'll let Leo decide.'

(Now, that's the unfathomable compassion I expected from his first wife.)

'Shut up.'

Eri looked at the bow. "Care to give me a try?"

Leo chuckled and passed the bow over to her. "Sure."

*Thud!*

The bow took Eri down with her, cracking the floor a little. She tried to lift with every bit of strength but the bow still stayed down.

[Vijaya – The Bow of Victory]

[Rank – Eternal?]

[Attack power – ??]

[Options – The arrow once fired bends the laws of causality to reach its target, Attack power increased by 20% when attacking a fortress, ??]

[User restrictions – Leo Evans]

[Description – ??]

The terrifying bow even confused the Akashic records with its rank. He could even swing to flatten higher existences, that's just how much it weighed!

"Leo, I think you might one-shot the faction leaders with this…"

"Not that I want to rely on its absurd power." Leo picked up the bow effortlessly and smiled wryly. "I might destroy the world if I used it at its full power. This world isn't meant for Tier 5 weapons."

Eri nodded her head. Although her chest puffed up imagining Leo destroying the world with his new bow.

(You aren't… normal.)

'No one in our family is exactly normal, bitch.'

Leo stowed away the bow in his inventory and grasped Eri's hand. "Well, ready for a tour?"

"World tour? Weren't we about to kill some monsters before that."

"Yep, that's the plan. Which country do you want to visit?"

"Grand Canyon. I don't like crowded places."

Leo nodded. "Sure, I haven't visited it before."

With that Leo took out his unique bike created in another world, Schnelle, and mounted it. She sat behind him and the bike sped out of the castle area.

***

The bike silently raced on the road, leaving every other car in the dust. Even after breaking a dozen traffic rules, no one tried stopping them.

"We got a free ticket from the government!" Eri tightened her arms around his waist.

"We might make it into the news today."

"That's a good thing. I wanna boast about it to everyone."

Leo stopped using mana and poured down a bit of spiritual essence. The bike picked up speed, almost breaking the sound barrier. However, with Leo's keen senses, it was easy to not crash against any vehicle. 

***

Through the fields, vast bridges, and slightly deformed mountains (Thanks to monsters rampage), the couple enjoyed the carefree ride. On the way, Eri had shifted to Leo's front, sticking to his chest — she was hiding from the sun. Leo had a hunch this might be related to his other race and Eri was close to awakening it.

In merely half an hour, they crossed over 100km — from Shinjuku to Aokigahara, they arrived at the portal leading to another world. Leo felt a bit amazed at the network of his Angel army. They had already found the portals before the Traitors reported.

(They deserve a reward, don't you think.)

'What can I even give them?'

(Your life essence, so they can evolve.)

'I can't bed every woman I come across.'

(Tch.)

Eri got off the bike and stared at the gate emitting thick mana. "This one has some serious aura coming. Whatever, I am fine as long as Leo is with me."

Though Leo wanted to deny, his pride accepted the compliment.

"Well then, let me scout for a bit. We never know if it might be a trap to another universe..."

Leo whipped out a dozen drones from his inventory, gifted by Irene. He might need to learn a thing or two from the creative woman in the future.

Eri stroked his back with a gentle smile. "I am the one who helped Irene. So, ask me if you want to learn~."

"Okay," Leo whispered. "I still feel you are luring me into a trap."

"That's just your imagination," Eri hummed with a wide grin. She won't ever tell Leo she wanted to drag him to the dark side!

The drones flew inside the gate. Leo closed his eyes and concentrated on the drones.

Eri connected her senses to him, an odd feature of the network. Eri had many 'expectations' from this feature. It could even transmit feelings to anyone recognized as Leo's mate.

She focused on the scenery inside the portal and her eyes grew wider.

"Woah, that's strangely beautiful…"

"It's safe."

Leo dragged her into the portal. The other side had lush green trees brimming with life. However, the sky was murky gray almost lifeless showing the world had indeed been abandoned by Heaven's Army.

Leo spread his domain, enveloping almost half of the world. His mana had taken another leap after becoming a Demigod.

"Interesting."

"What did you find?"

Leo licked his lips. "More food. I mean the higher existences."

"...Only you have the courage to call them food."

*Kwaaaar!*

"Heh, my future servants arrived."

Leo quickly wrapped his presence in darkness authority or else the monsters would prostrate. Eri won't gain any battle experience like that.

"Eri, it's your time to shine," he whispered and rubbed her head.

"Just watch me!" Eri declared and clapped her hands. Two spatial gates appeared on her sides and monsters poured out of the gate. Kickboxer rabbits, twin-tailed wolves, wyverns, sandworms, even a behemoth, and hydra — she would have destroyed Tortus with this army.

"Charge and rampage! None shall be left alive!"

Leo created a barrier around the world — an easy feat with his monstrous amount of mana.

"Now, he can't run."

This absurd army is bound to alert the Angel, so he had simply locked down space around the world.

41