V8.C43: Wifey? Comforting Myu
1.8k 3 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo and others hunted down any wolfkin they came across for the day. Not everyone was a walking one-woman army like Eri. The three excelled in short and mid-range battles, not a worldwide hunt.

Even the sky had turned dark with a crimson half-moon hanging in the sky. Howls echoed in the distance. Leo was used to it, but Shizuku freaked out a little.

“Leo, are you sure about it?” Shizuku asked, clinging to his right arm.

“Onee-sama, thy must overcome this crisis.” Leo grinned.

“Stop calling me onee-sama!”

“Shizu-chan~?”

“No, not that.”

“Wifey?”

“T-T-That’s embarrassing...” Shizuku muttered as she turned her face away from him.

“But, you look so happy. It’s decided then, I will call you Shizu wifey.”

“Ehhhh!”

Na YuNa and Kang MiRae deadpanned at the couple flirting, treating them like air.

“YuNa, let’s move separately from them...”

“MiRae, we can’t.” She shook her head. 

“We can’t face the 4th Class alone.”

Kang MiRae sighed and formed a stern expression. Na YuNa looked at the couple flirting, an envious glint in her eyes.

“Your offer doesn’t sound bad now...”

“Really?”

“Yeah, we should leave our safety to oppaaaaa.”

Kang MiRae looked at YuNa with disbelief. “You sure trust him a lot.”

“Leo Oppa is reliable unlike... HaJin Oppa.”

Hearing her brother’s name, a bitter smile formed on her face. “I know that. He is like my father, arrogant and prideful to the bones.”

Na YuNa pointed at Leo. “Just look at Oppa, does he look like the monster people say? People worship Oppa as God in the world called Tortus.”

“Seriously?!”

“Yes. Maria unnie told me.”

“Are you sure that’s the truth.”

Na YuNa shook her head sideways. “You think I will miss it.”

Kang MiRae silently patted her shoulder with a soft smile—happy for her friend who finally broke out of her shell. The facade she put on was hard to see through for most people, but she had spent her childhood with her. How could she not see the loathing behind her cheery smile.

Leo and Shizuku also stopped flirting. Leo looked over his shoulder. “Come on, we don’t have all day to dally around.”

Shizuku nodded in sync with him.

Kang MiRae and Na YuNa shared a forced smile before following the couple.

They hunted for another hour before Shizuku decided to call it a day.

“Shizu wifey, are you sure?”

“Y-Yes, can you use that in.” Shizuku fidgeted with her shirt. “Umm, when we are in p-private.”

The cuteness almost overwhelmed him. Before he jumped at her here, he took everyone back to Korea.
“Well, we will get going then.”

And left the two on their own.

“Ugh, stinky Oppa.”

“I can guess what they are going to do...”

***

Leo arrived back in the house and knocked on Myu’s room. She had been sulking in the room after he punished her, even refusing to meet Remia.

“Myu, it’s me.”

“Papa... coming!”

Her dainty footsteps echoed before she opened the door. Her face lit up in joy.

“Papa.”

The joy lasted a moment before she puffed her cheeks.

“Bad papa.”

She tried to run, only to get caught and picked up. She swung her arms and legs to free herself.

“Forgive me, okay?”

“Papa is a baddie! Always treating Myu like a child.”

He sighed, realizing his mistake. She had been trying so hard to help him from wanting to become strong in trying to make new servants for him.

“Myu isn’t a child. Myu is and always will be my princess.”

“Really nano?”

He flipped her and placed her on his shoulder. “Yes. Let’s go, we will take a bath together! I will wash your hair.”

“Yea! Myu will wash papa’s back.”

The father and daughter took a long bath during which Myu almost fell asleep. Though Leo didn’t even need it. His body had stopped sweating after he became Tier 4. He wondered what his body would go through if he ascended into Tier 5. Still, that realm seemed too far away, at least for now.

“Dear, leave her to me.”

Remia joined in at the last moment and sent him out.
He wore relaxing clothes and had dinner with everyone.

***

Leo returned to his room and leaned against the comfy bed.

“Today was fun.”

He took out a book from his inventory—the “Heart of Sovereignty” book he bought from the Mystery shop. It turned out to be a book in a runic language that no one else could read.

The content made no sense at first. But as he dug deeper, he found himself immersed in a white world where the golden runic characters floated around him. It was a surreal sight but after seeing the different worlds with Fias, it failed to surprise him.

Each letter expanded his knowledge. Like what spiritual essence truly is—a type of energy which represents a God’s soul and his immortality. Any normal attack aimed at him would be blocked by spiritual essence. It was the reason his [Wrath] element was overpowered. He could directly damage the trio’s spiritual essence—their immortality of the trio and deal damage to them.

His path—since he majored in all elements thanks to the [All Element Affinity] skill he bought way back in Tortus, his spiritual essence could take the form of any element.

Until now he had been using it on instincts. However, now it would be different.

*Knock* *Knock*

The knock on the door broke his concentration. He opened his eyes and stored the book.

“Shizu wifey, you can come in.”

The door creaked a little and Shizuku’s red face peaked.

“Did I disturb you?”

“Nope, I was just thinking about you.”

“Oh.” She entered the room and closed the door behind. “Then pardon my intrusion.”

Leo’s eyes lit up like a hungry wolf who saw an innocent lamb after a long time. Shizuku wore a light pink kimono with a bright floral design. She truly looked like a goddess to him.

Shizuku shrunk from his intense stare. If she didn’t know him well, she might have fled. She gulped nervously and approached him.

I can’t back out now...

39