V1.C5 Innate Ability, Vicious fight
7.8k 10 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Innate Abilities]

[Spirit Language] (S)

Gives the ability to communicate with any sentient being.

[Avenger] (SSS)

Gives the urge to avenge wrongdoing inflicted upon the user. Trigger mental status that eats away rationality over time. Only thirst for revenge is left.

Berserk (Active skill): Fueled by hatred, it increases stats by 3x at the price of rationality.

Wrath Aura (Active Skill): Covers the user in a black aura.

Effects: Unknown

?? (??): ????? ]

'What's an innate ability? Is this the reason for all the nightmares in my previous life? [Wrath Aura] seems familiar.'

(I think so, this one can cause nightmares if you don't give in to the urge.)

'Anything to help from that berserk thingy?'

(Don't worry, your passive skill 'Mental fortitude' has somewhat suppressed it. Even if it couldn't, I can pull you back by giving a shock to your soul.)

Her words sent a chill down his spine, he swore to never lose his mind.

'How did I even have this innate in the first place?'


(Some people are born with innate, or some abilities evolve to the level of innate. But those cases are very rare. As Innate is directly connected to the soul, it can influence user personality.)

'So that's why I have so much urge to take revenge.'

(True.)

'I will try to live for myself this time. I don't know how it will work out with my instincts.'

(...)

'I also don't need to worry about communicating with anyone here, right?'

(Yes, [Spirit Language] will help with that.)

'Nice!'

He started checking other functions of the system. A 5x5 grid popped out in front of him. It was his [Inventory].

He opened [Shop] to see a huge list of items.

[Shop]

[Creation Magic - 100,000SP

Evolution Magic - 100,000SP

Spirit Magic - 100,000SP

Gravity Magic - 100,000SP

Spatial Magic - 100,000SP

Restoration Magic - 100,000SP

Metamorphosis Magic - 100,000SP

Ambrosia - 50000SP

Demonic Sword of Demise - 200,000SP

Dragon Bow - 100,000SP

Divine Arbiter - 100,000SP

Holy Sword of Ancient Hero - 100,000SP

Katana of Sword Hero - 90,000SP

Hand Fortress - 80,000SP

…..]

'How much SP do I have?'

(Zero.)

He silently closed the shop menu. The number of zeroes blinded his innocent eyes.

(You can gain SP by selling mana crystals. Physical items require more SP to materialize. As for magic skills, they require less SP. The Creed can directly interfere with your soul to imprint skill.)

A dejected sigh leaked past his lips before he psyched himself up for this unknown world. His stomach rumbled loudly, he shook his head and decided to search for any city.

He headed toward the north carefully. After walking for ten minutes, he heard loud noises of metal clashing and some loud roars. He hurried in the direction and took cover behind a tree to peak.

His narrowed eyes caught sight of a fight happening between three people and a large monster.

First one was a Swordsman donned in armor. Second, most probably an Assassin, the way he swiftly moved the dagger. The last one was a female in the back equipped with a stick of some sort in her hand. A bunch of ice spears shot from it, only to be blocked by Monster's thick bulky arms.

The monster was over seven feet tall, fighting against 3 easily, no, rather than fighting, it was toying with them.

[New Quest available: Kill the Mutated Ogre]

[Kill the Ogre and save the adventurers. Mutated Ogre is a rare subspecies of Ogre.

Difficulty: B+

Rewards: Unlock [Minimap] function, 2000 SP, 1x [C-Rank Weapon]

[Accept / Decline]

(Will you do it?)

'Of course, I'll do it.'

(Be careful.)

He owned no weapons, so he decided on a sneak attack. He kicked the ground and dashed in the direction of Ogre. His own speed amazed him, he leaped and kicked the Ogre's back of the head.

Clunk!

He swear he heard a metallic sound from the head as if made of metal. Still in air, he moved his leg upward as it hit Ogre right in its jaws.

Relying on the recoil, he flipped backward and looked at the stunned adventures.

"Give me your sword!".

The dumbfounded adventures snapped out of daze and threw a sword. He caught the sword and slashed at Ogre neck. Blood spurted, but the resistance he faced was enormous as if cutting steel rather than someone's skin.

The Ogre roared angrily and tackled him. He couldn't dodge in time and crashed against a tree. A trickle of blood flowed down his lips, his instincts heightened at the familiar smell.

Truthfully, it hurt him more than any car wreck. He stood up hurriedly and barely dodge a punch. 

Bam!

The solid tree fell apart from the impact. The Ogre was like an angry beast, hitting everything in sight. He tried 'hit and run tactic', but his attacks only grazed past its skin without any major injuries.

'I never thought I would use it this early.'

"Berserk"

Memories of his nightmares flooded his mind. His heightened instincts started craving blood, he just wanted to go wild.

He roared like a beast and pushed his fist forward. The Ogre chest flew backward as its chest caved from the powerful strength behind the punch.

Leo mounted on Ogre and pounded his fist on its face brutally.

Bam! Bam! Bam!

The Ogre whimpered on the ground, begging for mercy. But all it got was more vicious punches.

The head of Ogre was crushed thoroughly, it was a gruesome sight. It was hard to decide who was the monster here.

Leo raised his head, a roar similar to a wild beast came out of his mouth.

'Leo! Snap out of it! Do I really have to do it?'

"...?"

He came back to his senses and looked at the sight in front. An overwhelming sense of satisfaction accompanied with a tingly pain surged through his body. His body seemed stronger than before.

'Thanks, Jen, I won't use it again, unless I have no other choice.''

(Good, or I will teach you the hard way.)

[Level up]

[Quest Completed]

Rewards obtained: [Minimap] unlocked, 2000SP, 1x C-Rank Sword

'So it will happen every time I go crazy. What is this level up?'

(Levels and stats determine your potential here. You can increase it by training or pushing your body to the limits.)

'What better way to increase the level than fighting in a battle to death.'  

"Brother, who might you be?"

He turned his sideway and caught three shocked faces at the corner of his eyes. A grin formed on his face, showing his canines.

"Finally some humans."

124